windshield washer nozzle

Hi guys

no fluid is coming out of the nozzles, fluid reservoir is full, i can see the fluid coming out from the hood when the hood is open so i guess one or both nozzles got disconected.

I did not spend a lot of time on it but i could not remove the heat shield without braking something, is there a trick? do i need to remove the heat shield in order to get to the nozzles or can i just twist the nozzle out from the top of the hood?

thank you guys

Hi guys

no fluid is coming out of the nozzles, fluid reservoir is full, i can see the fluid coming out from the hood when the hood is open so i guess one or both nozzles got disconected.

I did not spend a lot of time on it but i could not remove the heat shield without braking something, is there a trick? do i need to remove the heat shield in order to get to the nozzles or can i just twist the nozzle out from the top of the hood?

thank you guys

Might simply be clogged. Get a very thin peice of wire (like a peice from a grill brush) and try to clear out the nozzle on the hood before you go any further.

• 1 year later...

Just had both of mine fail as well this week. One was broken off completely and the other was so brittle that it crumbled as soon as I touched it.

Guess I will have to order new ones from the dealer and try to figure out how to get these out of the hood. Any ideas? I am VERY surprised that they failed with 75,000 miles on it. I have never had these things fail on any other car I have owned. Seems like a few people are having this problem.

Thanks!

Just had both of mine fail as well this week. One was broken off completely and the other was so brittle that it crumbled as soon as I touched it.

Guess I will have to order new ones from the dealer and try to figure out how to get these out of the hood. Any ideas? I am VERY surprised that they failed with 75,000 miles on it. I have never had these things fail on any other car I have owned. Seems like a few people are having this problem.

Thanks!

Replace 'em!

Would be a great opportunity and excuse to have the color body matched.

I'm really interested in painting mine with some paint from the dealer. I wonder if Tri-Coat White is available?

• 9 months later...

Obviously a problem for the 07 Edge. Same thing happened to my Edge SEL over the past few weeks. Nothing coming out of the nozzle, I parked the car activated the washer fluid and while I could hear the pump working nothing was coming out of the nozzle. I then opened the hood and tried again and this time I could see the washer fluid pouring out on the underside of the hood. After removing the heat shield from the undersire of the hood I could see th one nozzle was broken and when I followed it back to the other nozzle that one was broken as well. It seems strange both nozzles would break like that at the same time, and from reading this forum I'm not the only one. I hope the nozzles and hoses are not that expensive, anyone who's been through this know what the stealership charges?

Obviously a problem for the 07 Edge. Same thing happened to my Edge SEL over the past few weeks. Nothing coming out of the nozzle, I parked the car activated the washer fluid and while I could hear the pump working nothing was coming out of the nozzle. I then opened the hood and tried again and this time I could see the washer fluid pouring out on the underside of the hood. After removing the heat shield from the undersire of the hood I could see th one nozzle was broken and when I followed it back to the other nozzle that one was broken as well. It seems strange both nozzles would break like that at the same time, and from reading this forum I'm not the only one. I hope the nozzles and hoses are not that expensive, anyone who's been through this know what the stealership charges?

Yeah, it is what it is. Easy to replace and no more than $10-$15 I want to say I remember them being.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...