Ford Vehicles in Europe....I like !

d-dmusic

My wife and I were recently on vacation in Europe and, as usual, we rented various vehicles, in different areas of Europe.

We were in Euorpe years ago and rented an Opel Vectra and we loved it.

But, this year, we were very, very impressed by the Euro designs. The Ford Fiesta & Ford Fusion are totally different than they are over here.

http://www.ford.co.uk/

The Opel (GM) Corsa, Opel vehicles in general were really beautifully designed.

Other vehicles from Renault, Peugeot, etc...were equally beautifully designed. Almost all were hatchbacks or wagons which are so practical, but, were so sleek and sporty. We just don't see these kinds of designs over here.

If GM were just to use the design team from Opel/Europe, I think they would immediately rebound from disaster.

My wife and I were recently on vacation in Europe and, as usual, we rented various vehicles, in different areas of Europe.

We were in Euorpe years ago and rented an Opel Vectra and we loved it.

But, this year, we were very, very impressed by the Euro designs. The Ford Fiesta & Ford Fusion are totally different than they are over here.

http://www.ford.co.uk/

The Opel (GM) Corsa, Opel vehicles in general were really beautifully designed.

Other vehicles from Renault, Peugeot, etc...were equally beautifully designed. Almost all were hatchbacks or wagons which are so practical, but, were so sleek and sporty. We just don't see these kinds of designs over here.

If GM were just to use the design team from Opel/Europe, I think they would immediately rebound from disaster.

Seems that the human being is always loving what is hard(er) to get :hysterical:

According the europe Ford-Models you are not meaning what you are writing.

The Ford Fiesta may be quite nice for a small car...would say thats right, too.

But with the Fusion i guess you mean the Mondeo instead.

The american Fusion

2010-ford-fusion-hybrid.jpg

is not really comparable with the european one

01262-gross.jpg

because this one is based on the old Fiesta, but more practical...with higher roof for a bit more space.

Would also really want to know who had the idea with the same name for those different cars...is looking like

Ford-Modelname-Designers in Europe were not knowing whats the matter on the other side of that big puddle.

Seems quite stupid.

so i guess you mean the Mondeo

ford_mondeo_11_25634.jpg

this is the european counterpart to the US-Fusion in one class with similar technical bases...but not with completely identical platform, how i just learned.

But i can understand your arguments. Mondeo, S-Max, Galaxy and some more are well designed with quite modern technology and high driving qualities.

On the other side (i am from Germany) i like many american models and think some are missing here in Germany resp. Europe. Especially the bigger models. Why is here no official european counterpart to the Edge...instead only the smaller Kuga on Focus-base. Models like comparable Touareg, M-Class or XC90 are quite successfull here in Europe, too and some like bigger cars like that resp. need them.

Well, i guess we dont need an Expedition here in Europe, but models like the actual Explorer, Edge, Taurus with some minor changes for special regional european needs would be not unsuccessful and would find their buyers, when not too expensive.

Well, I like them....effectually that is quite enough :yup: :hysterical:

Greets from Germany

Marc

Edited by Marccom

Well, isn't that wierd.

Hmm...it might have been the "Focus" and not the "Fusion" that I was admiring :

http://www.ilhaverde.com/grupoQ.html

These model names are very confusing.

Well, I understand that you may admire the Edge, I do too. I own one. But, the gas consumption is not exactly stellar. Considering the gas was 1.50 Euro per litre in Portugal, I would also have opted for a more economical model.

Btw, it might be very interesting for you guys to note that the Forda Fiesta we rented was excellent on fuel mileage while the VW Polo was not only quite the "pos" but also was a gas hog in comparison. The Ford vehicle was by far-and-away the better vehicle in every regard.

Edited by d-dmusic

• 2 months later...

The U.S. will be getting the European Fiesta this summer and the Euro (global actually) Focus next January. Ford management finally agreed with you that the Euro models were nice and they're coming over virtually unchanged except for minor details.

Yea, minor details, like no diesel engine....... :censored:

The U.S. will be getting the European Fiesta this summer and the Euro (global actually) Focus next January. Ford management finally agreed with you that the Euro models were nice and they're coming over virtually unchanged except for minor details.

How small are these cars? The original Fiesta was tiny. I find it frustrating that cars are getting so small that they are unsafe against larger vehicles not to mention huge vehicles. Last weekend I was at a light behind an Aveo and thought to myself what would happen to those people if a vehicle like mine hit it? Early Monday morning in my town there was a fatality in an Aveo vs a Blazer accident. Guy in the Blazer is fine. Just doesn't seem worth it.

How small are these cars? The original Fiesta was tiny. I find it frustrating that cars are getting so small that they are unsafe against larger vehicles not to mention huge vehicles. Last weekend I was at a light behind an Aveo and thought to myself what would happen to those people if a vehicle like mine hit it? Early Monday morning in my town there was a fatality in an Aveo vs a Blazer accident. Guy in the Blazer is fine. Just doesn't seem worth it.

Fiesta is the smallest - B class. Think Fit/Yaris (and Aveo I think but not sure)

Focus is C class. Civic/Corolla size.

The Fiesta is a lot bigger than a Smart car. It's also much less likely to roll over than a Blazer, so there are always compromises. A blazer, e.g., might fare better against a Fiesta but it is still no match for a dump truck or semi.

Fiesta is the smallest - B class. Think Fit/Yaris (and Aveo I think but not sure)

Focus is C class. Civic/Corolla size.

The Fiesta is a lot bigger than a Smart car. It's also much less likely to roll over than a Blazer, so there are always compromises. A blazer, e.g., might fare better against a Fiesta but it is still no match for a dump truck or semi.

Not many matches for dump trucks or semis, agreed. Just seems that ever since the cash for clunkers there are a lot of very tiny cars out there. I see quite a few of the smartcars too.

Not many matches for dump trucks or semis, agreed. Just seems that ever since the cash for clunkers there are a lot of very tiny cars out there. I see quite a few of the smartcars too.

That movement started when gas hit $4/gallon. If Ford had the Fiesta and new Focus 2 years ago they would be way ahead of the game.

• 1 month later...