hood/bug deflector install

• 4 weeks later...

Mine is the Weathertech version... how did you make it fit between the hood and hood latch?

Wow I thought I was the only one having issues with the Weathertech deflector... I'm pretty sure mine got warped during shipping because I had the exact same problem. No issues whatsoever with the side window deflectors from Weathertech, those things are great! I ended up returning my deflector to Weathertech and got the Ford one instead. No fit issues at all.

I have the Ford one too and gave up after one set of holes. banghead.gif

I installed the WeatherTech bug shield on my wife's '09 Edge. The WeatherTech bug shield made very well (very well), and fitment/installation was ever-so easy; there is a notch on the 'underside' part of the shield which lines up w/ a notch/mark on the underside of the hood. Lining the two up centers the bug shield perfectly. I also installed one of these on my daughter's Edge...same installation/same result. Whenever I need to purchase more bug shields, I'll definitely purchase WeatherTech. Here are some pics:

For some reason, I can't attach the pics...but here's a link which contains some bug shield pics:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/3965-looking-for-pics-of-chrome-bug-deflector/page__p__30814__fromsearch__1entry30814

Edited by Goldy

• 3 weeks later...

Finally.. I got my Weathertech Hood Deflector installed... a little bit of experimenting and I figured it out how to make it work....

The rubber stopper (not the adjustable one) on top of the headlights are the culprit.... look under your hood and there is a mold where this rubber stopper go... make sure your not blocking that when you install the bug deflector...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just installed an AVS/Lund Bugflector II on my 2010. It looks to be identical to the weathertech. Fits perfect but I'm not to crazy about the funky wrap around design cuz it does not follow the lines of the headlights when looking at it from the sides. AVS/Lund also make one called the Aeroskin that looks very cool but it is actually double sided taped right to the outside of the hood. I might get a little crazy with the Dremel and try to get mine to look a little better. The Stampede a few posts up looks like a nice design.