Warranty Work?

billybob1

Has anyone experienced bringing in their vehicle for the 24,000 KM warranty check, and discovered that the dealerership didnt do what was set out in the offered package?

I brought my edge in for this work and paid 282.00 CND. I have marked my tires to help me keep track of my tire rotations and after paying the bill, I was handed my vehicle where I immediatly noticed the tires had not been taken off the vehicle. I immediately said these tires were not taken off. The service guy asked the tech who agreed that they were not rotated as he said the measurement on the back and the front were identical.

Included in this package was also a brake check. Besides the oil change, this was probably the biggest item of work that was supposed to be done. Of course the manager was no where to be found.

I called the manager when I got home and heard him ask the the service went went on .. I heard the rewpose where he admitted to his boss that he did not take the tires off..

The manager came back on the line and told me that he will have to talk to his tech as this is unacceptable. I sat waiting for a solution, where I wasnt hear any offerings. I said that I should get my money back seeing as those services were not completed (regardless of the identical tread measurment) ..

He said that a brake inspection and tire rotation cost 39.99 so he said he would send me a check for that 40.00 .....and we left it at that.

After getting off the phone I felt, like if they were a reputable company, they would have refunded the entire amount. At the end of the day I feel like I paid 240.00 for an oilchange with a few things lubed.....

This basic warranty sets out that the work must be completed in order to ever rely on this basic warranty. I personally like to do my own oil changes and any other maintance. I have done this with every vehicle I have owned and feel like this is highway robbery.

I have to lose my vehicle for 1 day every 12,000 and pay approximately 200.00 each time where I am clearly not even getting the work done.

I am not very happy with this aspect of having this vehicle. I do like the vehicle but feel I am getting goudged!

The wheels do not need to be removed to check the brakes. The rotation should have been done if it was included in their "Package" price. 30 point inspection should be included in every oil change. There is no requirement that the deakership do the maintenance to maintain warranty coverage - just that you follow the maintenance schedule and use products that meet the Ford specifications.

You did not way what all they did, but that is a lot of money for an oil change.

Has anyone experienced bringing in their vehicle for the 24,000 KM warranty check, and discovered that the dealerership didnt do what was set out in the offered package?

I brought my edge in for this work and paid 282.00 CND. I have marked my tires to help me keep track of my tire rotations and after paying the bill, I was handed my vehicle where I immediatly noticed the tires had not been taken off the vehicle. I immediately said these tires were not taken off. The service guy asked the tech who agreed that they were not rotated as he said the measurement on the back and the front were identical.

Included in this package was also a brake check. Besides the oil change, this was probably the biggest item of work that was supposed to be done. Of course the manager was no where to be found.

I called the manager when I got home and heard him ask the the service went went on .. I heard the rewpose where he admitted to his boss that he did not take the tires off..

The manager came back on the line and told me that he will have to talk to his tech as this is unacceptable. I sat waiting for a solution, where I wasnt hear any offerings. I said that I should get my money back seeing as those services were not completed (regardless of the identical tread measurment) ..

He said that a brake inspection and tire rotation cost 39.99 so he said he would send me a check for that 40.00 .....and we left it at that.

After getting off the phone I felt, like if they were a reputable company, they would have refunded the entire amount. At the end of the day I feel like I paid 240.00 for an oilchange with a few things lubed.....

This basic warranty sets out that the work must be completed in order to ever rely on this basic warranty. I personally like to do my own oil changes and any other maintance. I have done this with every vehicle I have owned and feel like this is highway robbery.

I have to lose my vehicle for 1 day every 12,000 and pay approximately 200.00 each time where I am clearly not even getting the work done.

I am not very happy with this aspect of having this vehicle. I do like the vehicle but feel I am getting goudged!

EDIT: My good friend Grey had not yet posted his reply when I began typing mine. So my information is now repetitive (and probably unnecessarily lengthier). Once again, I curse my typing skills! :hysterical:

Hi billybbob. :D Several things: First, yes, your Dealers behavior was unacceptable and you were "gouged".

Second, unless Canadian Warranty rules are different than U.S., you do not need to pay the Dealer for any of these all-in-one "Service Checks".

Third, I do feel bad for you. However, if we all just took the time to do some research and read the literature we were given when we purchased our vehicles, it would be harder for the Dealer (or anyone else) to take advantage of us regarding service requirements (as they did with you).

Hear is why: As clearly spelled out in the Scheduled Maintenance Guide we are all given when we purchase new, the only maintenance requirements that require more than a "take a look and replace if needed" are oil/filter change, tire rotations, air filter replacements, trans flush, coolant etc... And these specific services have cut and dried mileage/time intervals concerning when to be performed. So there is no need to pay the Dealer to "take a look" at the other fuzzy and unspecified "services" (i.e. "check the brakes, etc.). We can do those checks on our own (and not pay the Dealer).

In fact, at U.S Ford Dealers, they perform these "checks" complementary when you have other regular scheduled services performed, such as oil changes. So you can save money by simply having the Dealer change the oil/filter and rotate the tires. Or if you wish, do it yourself and save the receipts for Warranty purposes. For what it is worth, I use coupons and have my Dealer perform the oil changes and tire rotations (usually about $30 total) so that there can be no doubt the work was done, "on-time and properly".

Even concerning the tire rotation that was not done, the Service Tech was full of it. The Scheduled Maintenance Guide specifically states to rotate the tires every X,XXX miles. Usually 5,000 or 7,500. The Schedule does not state to check the tread depth and only rotate if the tread depth varies. In fact, the object or regular rotations is to avoid having the tread depth vary greatly.

Bottom line is we can all save a little money by knowing the service requirements of our vehicles and only paying for the service that is needed, not the Dealer profit add-ons.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Call the number and tell them how you got screwed--

Telephone ___1-800-565-3673

Available 8:30a.m.-8:00p.m. Local Time Monday-Friday

Mailing Address

Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited

Customer Relationship Centre

P.O. Box 2000

Oakville, Ontario, L6J5E4

Call the number and tell them how you got screwed--

Telephone ___1-800-565-3673

Available 8:30a.m.-8:00p.m. Local Time Monday-Friday

Mailing Address

Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited

Customer Relationship Centre

P.O. Box 2000

Oakville, Ontario, L6J5E4

Not a Ford problem. And he got the money back for the tire rotation. Just don't go to that dealer again.

I just pulled my invoice for the 24,000 km service. No charge oil and filter change - part of the sale contract. Can$158.40 labour for the scheduled maintenance, Can$32.64 for the cabin pollen filter and Can $100.80 (labour) for the "park brake service". For the park brake service it was explained that they had to do some disassembly (and re-assembly) in order to do the service - no problems found. Total is Can$291.84. I thought it a bit expensive but did not question the numbers because to date I feel like my local dealer's service department has been OK to good and with Ontario's Nanny State rules/regulations/etc. I know the shop rate is up there. Would be interested to hear other comments though.

I just pulled my invoice for the 24,000 km service. No charge oil and filter change - part of the sale contract. Can$158.40 labour for the scheduled maintenance, Can$32.64 for the cabin pollen filter and Can $100.80 (labour) for the "park brake service". For the park brake service it was explained that they had to do some disassembly (and re-assembly) in order to do the service - no problems found. Total is Can$291.84. I thought it a bit expensive but did not question the numbers because to date I feel like my local dealer's service department has been OK to good and with Ontario's Nanny State rules/regulations/etc. I know the shop rate is up there. Would be interested to hear other comments though.

Anybody else ever heard of a "park brake service"? I haven't.......