2011 Edge Watch

Any dealers out there that have them in their showrooms yet? My dealer keeps saying mid-late August - but wondering if that's with all dealers, or just what my local dealer ordered?

Any out there? Really want to drive the Sport, to see what this new engine is all about...

Any dealers out there that have them in their showrooms yet? My dealer keeps saying mid-late August - but wondering if that's with all dealers, or just what my local dealer ordered?

Any out there? Really want to drive the Sport, to see what this new engine is all about...

I too am curious as to when the 2011 edge sport is coming out, stopped at our local ford dealer the other day, where we had purchased both our edge's, we were told that Ford was not releasing the edge or explorer until later this year.

I too am curious as to when the 2011 edge sport is coming out, stopped at our local ford dealer the other day, where we had purchased both our edge's, we were told that Ford was not releasing the edge or explorer until later this year.

Maybe edge sport but my limited is coming mid august here in canada and I will receive my VIN on monday.

The plant will not ship any vehicles until they're sure the quality is up to par. So far that hasn't happened yet, so the chances of getting one the first week of August - given that that's next week - is pretty much zero. I would be surprised if there are any 2011s in dealers before September.

Woodhouse Ford - Blair Nebraska (Big Dealer) said they were expecting late August to mid September. At that point they would slowly start rolling in.

I thought I read somewhere that they were running a short production cycle and starting up the 2012 already in January 2011. Am I wrong in that. The longer they take the more I am going to want a 2012 if I could get one in Febuary. Corrections or confirmation on that????

My lease is coming to an end on my 2007 edge on Aug 21st. I ordered a 2011 Edge Limited on May 24th. I called the dealer today and he tells me I need to extend my current lease because my order has not been scheduled yet. Not sure what that means. He said they are thinking end of september. What does it mean that it is not scheduled yet???

Not a good sign... My lease is up at the end of August... Before I order one, I want to drive an actual 2011 Sport...

My local dealer is supposed to call me when they get one in, he said early August a few weeks ago. Perhaps just a demo model...

Any other dealer updates out there?

• 2 weeks later...

Like others here, I too have ordered a 2011 Edge and still have not heard anything. The dealer said they would let me know as soon as they new anything, but they said I may not get delivery until October. I placed my order in mid June.

Does anyone have anymore insight on when the Edge's will show up in dealerships?

Like others here, I too have ordered a 2011 Edge and still have not heard anything. The dealer said they would let me know as soon as they new anything, but they said I may not get delivery until October. I placed my order in mid June.

Does anyone have anymore insight on when the Edge's will show up in dealerships?

From what I've read on other boards on this site, the Mytouch/Sync issues have been resolved and shipping from Oakville plant started yesterday.

I placed my order for an '11 edge on June 09th and salesman told me this past Friday that the car's build date was July 28th but Ford will not ship for another three weeks or so. But since we both ordered in June, I'm thinking by the end of this month or September.

They were scheduled to start building the 2011 Edge and MKX's exclusively last week. The plant is scheduled down the week of 8/23. All dealers should get one unit before scheduling the second units for dealers with larger allocations. If you are first in line (established by your selling dealership) you might see your unit by the end of September. Ask where you stand in the priority pool and how much allocation your dealership has for Aug. and Sept build.

Edited by Grey