Body color door handles and Spoiler

Jseccamanie

So I purchased a 2010 Edge SE and noticed that the SEL and Limited have the body color door handles and spoiler. I think this looks much nicer. Does anyone know where and how I can switch the black stock to the body color handles and spoiler? and at a decent price?

You don't switch them - you paint them or get them painted. If you remove them yourself and take them to the body shop they'll probably paint them for less than $200.

The spoiler is brand new with the car. Just got my Edge maybe 2 months ago. Its flat black right now and i would love to get it painted to match the body color.

Like I stated earlier - take off the spoiler and door handles and your local body shop will probably paint them to match for $200 in just an hour or two.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Like I stated earlier - take off the spoiler and door handles and your local body shop will probably paint them to match for $200 in just an hour or two.

Akirby,

You seem pretty knowledgable from the posts I read so maybe you could debunk this. I took my 07' Edge SE to my local Maaco, and they stated they could paint the spoilers...no problem, but the paint will probably not adhere properly and just be a waste of money. It sounded to me like he was making it up on the spot, do you have any more info on whether painting the material the spoiler/handles will not adhere properly to the paint? Any answers or experiences on this would be greatly appreciated.

Akirby,

You seem pretty knowledgable from the posts I read so maybe you could debunk this. I took my 07' Edge SE to my local Maaco, and they stated they could paint the spoilers...no problem, but the paint will probably not adhere properly and just be a waste of money. It sounded to me like he was making it up on the spot, do you have any more info on whether painting the material the spoiler/handles will not adhere properly to the paint? Any answers or experiences on this would be greatly appreciated.

Asking Maaco for good paint advice is like asking McDonalds how to cook Filet Mignon and Lobster.

These parts are painted at the factory all the time. They may require special prep and a special primer and maybe Maaco just doesn't know how to do that. Call your dealer and ask whether they have their own body shop or use a private one and call them. I'm sure they'll know how to do it properly and it shouldn't cost that much more.

Asking Maaco for good paint advice is like asking McDonalds how to cook Filet Mignon and Lobster.

These parts are painted at the factory all the time. They may require special prep and a special primer and maybe Maaco just doesn't know how to do that. Call your dealer and ask whether they have their own body shop or use a private one and call them. I'm sure they'll know how to do it properly and it shouldn't cost that much more.

Sounds like a plan, the only reason I went to this Maaco was my friends '03 Dodge Ram went there for an overhaul...and my God that thing came out gorgeous...for $600...But yeah I'll check with a dealership around here and see what I can dig up.

Akirby,

Maaco?? I wouldn't take my demolition derby car to get painted at Maaco. They may be cheap, but you get what you pay for. You have a nice car. Pay a little extra to have it done right. :finger: