New 2011 Sport

mleber

Just wanted to take a survey.

Who has ordered a new 2011 Edge Sport. What is your city and state or country?

I am in South Florida, USA and ordered on June 14. No delivery ETA yet. My dealership (4 locations) shows they have about a dozen in shipment currently. All SE, SEL and Limited models.

I have a fully optioned 2011 Ford Edge Sport AWD in Black ordered, built and soon to be delivered.

Livio

Just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Same build here too. I think you have the vin ending in 6397 right? I have the same config as that one, almost all options in black of course. I think I saw your sitting behind the fence on the pictures that you posted earlier (wishful thinking)(2nd picture posted I believe). The car looks very slick and the tires are mega small profile. I might blacken out the logo on the front, it really stands out, in my opinion. I cant wait for you to get the car and report your experiences with it.

Same build here too. I think you have the vin ending in 6397 right? I have the same config as that one, almost all options in black of course. I think I saw your sitting behind the fence on the pictures that you posted earlier (wishful thinking)(2nd picture posted I believe). The car looks very slick and the tires are mega small profile. I might blacken out the logo on the front, it really stands out, in my opinion. I cant wait for you to get the car and report your experiences with it.

mleber, why do you think that I am 6397?

How are you able to access information about other Ford Edge's?

I do know what my VIN is and I only know it because my Ford dealer gave it to me so I could download the window sticker.

Livio :unsure:

mleber, why do you think that I am 6397?

How are you able to access information about other Ford Edge's?

I do know what my VIN is and I only know it because my Ford dealer gave it to me so I could download the window sticker.

Livio :unsure:

I saw a vin come up a while ago somewhere on the site and the configuration was identical to mine. I dont see too many people with black all option sports talking on the site, so I thought it was yours with what you had mentioned. I saw the sticker for that car and just ASSumed.... I dont have have access to anything other than what we all have. Sorry for the confusion, but I am still excited for you and now another that have very similar sport models.

From all the pics, I saw only 2 sports. Both were black.

I saw a vin come up a while ago somewhere on the site and the configuration was identical to mine. I dont see too many people with black all option sports talking on the site, so I thought it was yours with what you had mentioned. I saw the sticker for that car and just ASSumed.... I dont have have access to anything other than what we all have. Sorry for the confusion, but I am still excited for you and now another that have very similar sport models.

From all the pics, I saw only 2 sports. Both were black.

I see.....no problem but no it's not mine.

The first time I went to the plant a couple of weeks ago I could only find one but today they had quite a few more vehicles sitting there so I think now I have seen every colour Sport including a couple in white today.

All I can say is that I am glad I ordered mine in black.

Livio :read:

Hey Livio,

any update on your vehicle? I thought that since you are so close to the factory that you may get your vehicle soon. You had mentioned that it was built and soon to be delivered. Since our configs are so similar, color and options, I was wondering how much you love the car.

Wishing the best for your delivery..

Hey Livio,

any update on your vehicle? I thought that since you are so close to the factory that you may get your vehicle soon. You had mentioned that it was built and soon to be delivered. Since our configs are so similar, color and options, I was wondering how much you love the car.

Wishing the best for your delivery..

Hi mleber, you would think that considering it was built on August 3rd and that I am only 45 minutes or so away from Oakville that I would have had it by now..............but NO, I AM STILL WAITING FOR IT!

I spoke to the dealer last Friday and they said that it's sitting on the ramp at the west lot which to me means nothing more then I still don't have it in my driveway.

My local dealership received one Sport in Blue for stock and have sold it already. Their is a black Sport on it's way apparently but it's not mine although it's very close to my VIN so they explained to me that mine could arrive on the same truck. I'll believe that when I see it. If I were to bet I would say that the original black Sport comes in and I will still be waiting for whatever reason for mine. :banghead:

Livio

Edited by LIVIO

Livio - have you asked on the blue oval forum if cyberdman can look for info on your delivery? He is awesome - he does it on his own time from what I gather, but I know that mine is on a slow train heading west. Hoping for an update tomorrow on where it is now... hoping a slow boat. :)

choff1138, What another Forum?

I didn't realize their was another Forum that also discussed the Ford Edge vehicle.

I will have to contact cyberdman to see what he can do.

Thanks,

Livio

Edited by LIVIO

Livio - have you asked on the blue oval forum if cyberdman can look for info on your delivery? He is awesome - he does it on his own time from what I gather, but I know that mine is on a slow train heading west. Hoping for an update tomorrow on where it is now... hoping a slow boat. :)

Hey choff1138, thanks for your suggestion to get a hold of cyberdman on the other forum but I regret doing so at this point.

It has nothing to do with my vehicle at all but I must have caught him at a really bad time when he was in a really bad mood.

He says he a nice guy and I understand that he has helped others but I was simply not comfortable posting my VIN and he wasn't comfortable receiving "PM's" from me. So it was basically his way or no way to which I simply said here's my VIN for you to see. If you can help me fine, if not I will understand.

Well, from his last PM to me, he didn't understand and was actually very rude to me.

Livio

Hey choff1138, thanks for your suggestion to get a hold of cyberdman on the other forum but I regret doing so at this point.

It has nothing to do with my vehicle at all but I must have caught him at a really bad time when he was in a really bad mood.

He says he a nice guy and I understand that he has helped others but I was simply not comfortable posting my VIN and he wasn't comfortable receiving "PM's" from me. So it was basically his way or no way to which I simply said here's my VIN for you to see. If you can help me fine, if not I will understand.

Well, from his last PM to me, he didn't understand and was actually very rude to me.

Livio

Yep - it is his way or no way - he is taking time out of his job to help and if you don't want to play by the rules dictated by him, then he won't help. Sorry it won't work for you.

Yep - it is his way or no way - he is taking time out of his job to help and if you don't want to play by the rules dictated by him, then he won't help. Sorry it won't work for you.

I can understand that. He uses the threads to go back and do periodic updates which he could not do with a PM or email. It makes it easier for him and since he's doing it for free I don't think that's asking too much.

Why would anyone not want to post their VIN?

I wondered that to Akirby - he has updated me twice already. Of course he also gave me crap about LIVIO - so hopefully he doesn't hold it against me. :(

Sorry guys if I caused any of you any grief but NOBODY should have to deal with what I had to deal with that A*****E.

He obviously is not a people person because if he would have been a little nicer with his first e-mail to me things would have been different.

At the end of the day, I wish I would have known what kind of person he was.

Livio

Sorry guys if I caused any of you any grief but NOBODY should have to deal with what I had to deal with that A*****E.

He obviously is not a people person because if he would have been a little nicer with his first e-mail to me things would have been different.

At the end of the day, I wish I would have known what kind of person he was.

Livio

Or it's possible that he gets dozens of PMs every day and he's just tired of redirecting people to the forum. I know I would be. Then again he may just be an A-hole.

So, has anybody taken delivery or test driven a Sport model?

How is the braking,shifting, paddle shifting, bumpiness of the 22" tires, noise level, acceleration, etc?

Have you driven other models new or old to make a comparison to.

For this question, I am more concerned with the drive than the looks. We all know it looks great.

Thanks everyone.

Hey guys ordered my 2011 Ford Edge Sport AWD in Candy Red with all options except the bind spot system on August 25th, can't wait to get it! :hyper:

I'm just north of Toronto, Ontario - Canada

Keep me posted, I ordered mine aug 31st, they told me 6 to 8 weeks...wondering how acurate they are.

Im in Montreal.

Ordered 2011 edge sport full load in silver.

Cheers