2011 has landed!!!

Craigmri

My mother-in-law just tested the first 2011 Edge to land on Long Island. Its remarkable that the dealers here in Florida are spreading so much misinformation about the release of these new Edges.

The Test drive was a success. She was extremely impressed with the new interior and the car drove great on 20" wheels although she felt it was a little rough. She will be ordering a limited and staying with the 18" wheels for a little more sidewall and hopefully, a smoother a ride.

Craig

My mother-in-law just tested the first 2011 Edge to land on Long Island. Its remarkable that the dealers here in Florida are spreading so much misinformation about the release of these new Edges.

The Test drive was a success. She was extremely impressed with the new interior and the car drove great on 20" wheels although she felt it was a little rough. She will be ordering a limited and staying with the 18" wheels for a little more sidewall and hopefully, a smoother a ride.

Craig

Smithtown had an 2011 Edge plus an MKX

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in So. Calif., ordered my 2011 Edge Limited first week of July and received it today at Citrus Motors in Ontario, CA. So far, LOVE IT but still getting acquainted. Setting up MyTouch and getting proficient takes a bit of "study".

Garden State Ford on route 22 in Hillside is only a couple of miles away from Maplecrest and has (5) 2011 Edges on their lot.

My 2011 Sport Edge AWD White (for South Florida) began production Sept. 11th. It should have the works loaded into it and ship ina 2-3-weeks.

I will add the Intake and the Warranty approved G-Force Chip to boost the power to around 335-350 HP.

The milage should go up as well, so I will post the difference before and after.

I found a GREAT custome Hand built Intake and will reveal all that with pictures, once I get mine installed.

The K&N Cone Filter will sit up front, just behind the head light where the fresh cool air comes right in through the grill.

The Intake Tube is about 3 1/2" -4" in diameter, with Blue Silicone gastkets and the MAP and sensors machined into it.

It should do the trick to get me the 350HP. that I want.

I can also dyno this before and after, on the AWD dyno at Jap Trix, in West Palm Beach.

So Proof on paper, should show all.

My 2011 Sport Edge AWD White (for South Florida) began production Sept. 11th. It should have the works loaded into it and ship ina 2-3-weeks.

I will add the Intake and the Warranty approved G-Force Chip to boost the power to around 335-350 HP.

The milage should go up as well, so I will post the difference before and after.

I found a GREAT custome Hand built Intake and will reveal all that with pictures, once I get mine installed.

The K&N Cone Filter will sit up front, just behind the head light where the fresh cool air comes right in through the grill.

The Intake Tube is about 3 1/2" -4" in diameter, with Blue Silicone gastkets and the MAP and sensors machined into it.

I can also dyno this before and after, on the AWD dyno at Jap Trix, in West Palm Beach.

Sounds awesome. What is cost of the chip and intake not including labor?

I would love to get up to 350HP.

Just remember that you aren't going to dyno at 305hp / 350hp since there is power lost in the drivetrain. I would love to see the results and see how much power the Sport has to the wheels.

• 1 month later...

Hey Buzzman, saw your pics. The intake really looks nice. How much did you spend on it? You said you were in south florida, I am too and also have an 11 sport. I cant wait to hear what your benchmarking might show. You said the intake was custom, where from?