Mods

wilsons66604

I remember a time there weren't tinted windows in the back either. And everyone could see correctly - or wear sunglasses as needed. My mod would be to untint the back windows if I could. :)

I am curious to see the blue grill - that sounds like something I would like.

I guess if I were living in AK, I wouldn't be so set on window tinting. I live in KS, so the sun shines bright on my black seats.

<<Still waiting ...1 car shy of a full load>>

I guess if I were living in AK, I wouldn't be so set on window tinting. I live in KS, so the sun shines bright on my black seats.

<<Still waiting ...1 car shy of a full load>>

Me too Wilson - I played dumb to to my dealer yesterday and asked if my car has even been put on a boat yet and he never answered me. I am hoping that it will be ready for pick up Saturday.

Out here in CA I believe it is against the law to have the front, side windows tinted.

Of course there are so many laws out here it is hard to remember them all :shades:

I just googled the tint laws and here's what it is...according to www.tintcenter.com

KS laws:

• Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.
  • Front Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
  • Back Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
  • Rear Window Must allow more than 35% of light in.

CA laws:

• Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.
  • Front Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
  • Back Side Windows Any darkness can be used.
  • Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

Anyone know what the percentage is on the factory tint?

Edited by wilsons66604

Me too Wilson - I played dumb to to my dealer yesterday and asked if my car has even been put on a boat yet and he never answered me. I am hoping that it will be ready for pick up Saturday.

I've been so frustrated with the dealer's lack of communication, I broke the news to them that I was able to get the info elswhere.

In an email, I told my salesman that I knew my car was on a transport and asked him what he knew. His usual status report was vague at best.."hopefully by end of month". Now that he knows that I know, he gave me a real status that it was not yet shipped and will be Thursday, Friday, or Saturday before is shows up in Topeka.

I figured if I let them know I knew, they wouldn't sit on the car (or test drive it) for a few days before getting it to me.

The dealer's Sport is still in the body shop so it looks like I'll have the first Edge in Topeka. Whoopty Do

Edited by wilsons66604

I've been so frustrated with the dealer's lack of communication, I broke the news to them that I was able to get the info elswhere.

In an email, I told my salesman that I knew my car was on a transport and asked him what he knew. His usual status report was vague at best.."hopefully by end of month". Now that he knows that I know, he gave me a real status that it was not yet shipped and will be Thursday, Friday, or Saturday before is shows up in Topeka.

I figured if I let them know I knew, they wouldn't sit on the car (or test drive it) for a few days before getting it to me.

The dealer's Sport is still in the body shop so it looks like I'll have the first Edge in Topeka. Whoopty Do

Looks like the dealer about 3 hours south already got in a stripped down Limited (actually has a stock id not just a VIN) and the other dealer near me (the one I didn't use) has one that was accepted to Ford two days after mine was. I think they are being unloaded from the same boat. I haven't heard back from my dealer yet from yesterday, but really I don't want to try and deal with the paperwork after work during the week. I have a 4 year old that we need to get home and fed and cleaned and attention paid too, so that would be a crazy thing to do. So I really don't want to know that it is ready till Friday at the earliest. I am extremely frustrated with the process of ordering. I know it isn't like an Amazon order (for those that we have already had that discussion) but dealers obviously have the information that we are getting from Cyberdman or twitter or whatever other ways we have gotten it. They need to remember that we are still a sale they can lose and should still be taking care of us as customer not as a done deal that they don't have to worry about.

Good luck getting yours this week Wilson and enjoy it.

Carrie