Adding HIDs

11Sport

I put the NV 35W HIDs in mine from Retro Solutions. It took a very short period of time, mostly just trying to dtermine the best place to mount the ballast. I would highly recommend them, Todd is very helpful, so really nothing to worry about (just as good before purchase as after).

Go for it. The NV is very much bright enough, and is a fair bit less expensive.

Good luck,

Jeff

I put the NV 35W HIDs in mine from Retro Solutions. It took a very short period of time, mostly just trying to dtermine the best place to mount the ballast. I would highly recommend them, Todd is very helpful, so really nothing to worry about (just as good before purchase as after).

Go for it. The NV is very much bright enough, and is a fair bit less expensive.

Good luck,

Jeff

Hi Jeff, if you could share some pics of the kit and with lights "on" that would be helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my two kits and put in the low beams and fogs. They are a smoking good deal too and work great. for the price you cant beat em. Regular ballasts for the headlights and slims for the fogs. Check out the site and you will crap when ya see the price. I have had mine almost a year. LOVE EM!

www.wholesalexenonhid.com

I have the harness but never installed it. Some say they did and some say they did not. I deactivated the light flash for when I unlock the car via key fob and I do not use the auto headlights either. no problems what so ever with the kits I got. alot of people seem to buy them from retro but I didnt wanna spend that much and I couldnt be happier with my choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeff, if you could share some pics of the kit and with lights "on" that would be helpful.

Wow- sorry for posting this so late! Just saw the request for more information now.

I did install the harness. All in, was about an hour to get the job done, with a small hick-up in the process. Retrosolutions helped all along the way.

What pictures do you want posted specifically? I can post anything that is needed that will help out. either post here, or just PM me!

Jeff

My digital 55w 6000k HIDs should be here tomorrow for my mkx :hyper: and than they will be installed immediately. I took a few quick picture of the stock lights to compare to the HIDs when i get them in tomorrow, i'll post pictures asap too so you can see what the 55w look like

I posted two pics on this thread of before/after if you want to see a quick comparison

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/2045-digital-35watt-and-55watt-hid-member-pricing/page__st__160__gopid__46471#entry46471

Edited by maddwakester

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the harness but never installed it. Some say they did and some say they did not. I deactivated the light flash for when I unlock the car via key fob and I do not use the auto headlights either. no problems what so ever with the kits I got. alot of people seem to buy them from retro but I didnt wanna spend that much and I couldnt be happier with my choice.

Just curious - how do you deactivate the lights coming on when you unlock with the key fob? I tried the autolamp feature but that seems to be only after you turn off the car - not when you unlock.

Thanks,

Mike