Can't Link IA key to memory positions

JusDaFax

I ordered my 2011 Ford Edge in June. I ordered a Limited with the full 302A package, towing package, premium paint and 20" wheels. Everything I could think of. It was finally delivered two days ago. I was so psyched!!!

However, things are starting out pretty bad. Among other problems (see my post about Sirius Travel Link not working) the cool new "Intelligent Access" (IA) keys will not link with the memory positions. This was a big selling point for me. I am 6'1" tall and my wife is 5'5". I was pretty excited at the idea of just pressing unlock and having the seat an mirrors move into position for me. We're following all the instructions to the letter, but it just won't work. I've spent the past two days at the dealership. Looks like I'll be spending a third there tomorrow.

Bummer!!!!!

Any ideas. I know these cars are very new, so I'm not too hopeful, but you never know. :sos:

I ordered my 2011 Ford Edge in June. I ordered a Limited with the full 302A package, towing package, premium paint and 20" wheels. Everything I could think of. It was finally delivered two days ago. I was so psyched!!!

However, things are starting out pretty bad. Among other problems (see my post about Sirius Travel Link not working) the cool new "Intelligent Access" (IA) keys will not link with the memory positions. This was a big selling point for me. I am 6'1" tall and my wife is 5'5". I was pretty excited at the idea of just pressing unlock and having the seat an mirrors move into position for me. We're following all the instructions to the letter, but it just won't work. I've spent the past two days at the dealership. Looks like I'll be spending a third there tomorrow.

Bummer!!!!!

Any ideas. I know these cars are very new, so I'm not too hopeful, but you never know. :sos:

Does the MyKey thing help?

Not that I can see. The manual says "MyKey" can let me program one of my IA keys so that the car can't go over 80 miles an hour or the stereo can't be played higher than 45 percent of volumn. They say it is for teenage drivers. But it doesn't seen to have anything to do with linking the memory positions

Bummer!!!!!

You likely know this, but you can program seat position, mirrors etc and press the 1 or 2 button on left side of dash, those are 2 memory positions. You could use 1 for the primary driver and I think it defaults to that when getting in, and set 2 for the other.

Ok this one is Fiexed!!! Yea!!!. If your having this problem, read on.

The dealership had no idea what to do about this. They said they were on the phone with Ford for a hour, but still couldn't fihure it out. They gave me back the Edge and told me there were ordering a new seat module, due in next week. When I got home, I kept workingwith it and found the problem.

Do not do step #4 in the programming process described in the owners manual!!!!

The manual gives the following instructions:

Programming the memory feature to the transmitter

To activate this feature:

1. Move the driver seat and power mirrors to the desired positions using

the associated controls.

2. Press and hold button 1 for five

seconds. A tone will be heard after

about two seconds confirming

memory position has been set.

Continue to hold until a second tone

is heard after five seconds.

3. Within three seconds press "icon for lock th door".

4. Press "icon for unlock" <---------- Do not do this!!!!!!! It actually clears the programing you just entered. Wait at least 20 seconds before you press unlock!.

5. Repeat this procedure for memory 2 and another transmitter if

desired.

Now when my wife presses unlock on her IA key, the seats and mirrors automatically move to her position and when I press unlock on mine, they change to my positions and I don't have to have my knees hitting he in the chest. Yeah!!

I call the dealer tomorrow and tell them not to order the module.

:hyper:

For some reason, the courtesy seat move quit working for me.

I went through all the settings...no help.

Turns out that my seat setting was all the way back already. Im not tall but I have long legs. I wonder if some people will find that the seat doesn't travel back enough.

I'm having the same problem except that it won't bring my seat forward enough. All the other settings are correct but I have to use the button the side of the seat to move it forward another few inches.

I'm having the same problem except that it won't bring my seat forward enough. All the other settings are correct but I have to use the button the side of the seat to move it forward another few inches.

That means you don't have the seat position set correctly in memory. Unless when you hit the seat memory button again it moves forward by itself.

After much testing, vie determined that the Easy Entry feature moves my seat back when I turn off car but not forward when I get in and/or start.

Also

When I hit the memory button, the seat won't move forward. All other positions are recalled and moved to.

The memory is unable to recall the forward position.

Ok this one is Fiexed!!! Yea!!!. If your having this problem, read on.

The dealership had no idea what to do about this. They said they were on the phone with Ford for a hour, but still couldn't fihure it out. They gave me back the Edge and told me there were ordering a new seat module, due in next week. When I got home, I kept workingwith it and found the problem.

Do not do step #4 in the programming process described in the owners manual!!!!

The manual gives the following instructions:

Programming the memory feature to the transmitter

To activate this feature:

1. Move the driver seat and power mirrors to the desired positions using

the associated controls.

2. Press and hold button 1 for five

seconds. A tone will be heard after

about two seconds confirming

memory position has been set.

Continue to hold until a second tone

is heard after five seconds.

3. Within three seconds press "icon for lock th door".

4. Press "icon for unlock" <---------- Do not do this!!!!!!! It actually clears the programing you just entered. Wait at least 20 seconds before you press unlock!.

5. Repeat this procedure for memory 2 and another transmitter if

desired.

Now when my wife presses unlock on her IA key, the seats and mirrors automatically move to her position and when I press unlock on mine, they change to my positions and I don't have to have my knees hitting he in the chest. Yeah!!

I call the dealer tomorrow and tell them not to order the module.

:hyper:

Thanks for that!!! It worked great.

Thanks for the instructions - We got ours set easily - we are still resetting it often as we figure out where we really like things.

I wonder if you would need to continue to use these steps every time you adjust the seat.

I bet you only need to do it once to pair the Fob with 1 or 2.

From then on, just hold the 1or 2 button in.

It might work

• 1 month later...

Wondering if anyone knows what other features, besides seat position,mirrors and steering wheel position, can be linked to the memory modules 1 and 2 and remembered by the IAKey? The manual mentions setting a personal profile and refers to a section in the Sync supplementary booklet but there is no section in that supplement that mentions setting up a personal profile. My previous vehicle remembered the music setting and climate setting of each of the two different drivers. Is this possiblein the 2011 MKX?