Memory Driver Seat

I have a 2011 Edge Limited that I've had for 3 weeks now. When I first got the car I set the memory position for the drivers seat. After a few days I noticed that when I get in the seat adjusts to all the memory positions except it doesn't move the seat forward all the way. I have to use the button on the side of the seat to move it forward so I can reach the pedals.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Before I take it to the dealer I would like to have some idea of what the problem is and what might be required to fix it.

Thanks!

Took the Edge to the dealer last Friday.

If the car is running only the options like lumbar and seat tilt will be remembered. To have the memory seat remember all the options the car must be in accessory mode only when the memory buttons are set.

Works great now!

• 3 weeks later...

Took the Edge to the dealer last Friday.

If the car is running only the options like lumbar and seat tilt will be remembered. To have the memory seat remember all the options the car must be in accessory mode only when the memory buttons are set.

Works great now!

I've had an issue with my seat not remembering how to move forward. I thought I had fixed the issue by pulling fuse 7. The easy entry/exit worked fine...for a week. Now it has quit working and fuse 7 doesn't help.

The easy entry/exit feature pushes the seat back but will not pull it forward when I start the car.

Also, if it switch from memory 1 to memory 2, everything moves to the new positions except the forward movement of the seat.

Oooohh, THAT explains it! Thanks for the info -- this was really bugging me too.

My memory seat was working fine including the easy exit; but I was trying to do something else and now I have lost the easy exit movement. Since I am short 5'2" I would love if the seat was at it's lowest possible position when I got in and then adjust to the driving position after that; like after I actually started the car. Then when I shut the engine off the seat would go back to its lowest position to make getting out easier. I'm now thinking I need to have 2 settings; one to get in and then the second memory button programmed for after I got into the vehicle. I guess my hubby won't have his own setting! lol But now I don't know how to get the easy exit movement back.

I hope I haven't screwed things up. :sos:

UPDATE: The easy exit is working again; don't ask me how though???

Edited by Trisha07.07.07

• 3 weeks later...

I've had an issue with my seat not remembering how to move forward. I thought I had fixed the issue by pulling fuse 7. The easy entry/exit worked fine...for a week. Now it has quit working and fuse 7 doesn't help.

The easy entry/exit feature pushes the seat back but will not pull it forward when I start the car.

Also, if it switch from memory 1 to memory 2, everything moves to the new positions except the forward movement of the seat.

I purchased my 2011 Edge Sport this past Saturday and all is well except for I have the same issue that the seat will not pull forward automatically (to memory set position 1 (or 2 for that matter)) when I start the car. It is exactly the same problem as is described in my quote... any ideas? I've done the programming in acc only mode and that didn't fix it. I really don't want to have to take it back to the dealer as it's quite a distance, so I thought I'd try here first...

Thanks!

I purchased my 2011 Edge Sport this past Saturday and all is well except for I have the same issue that the seat will not pull forward automatically (to memory set position 1 (or 2 for that matter)) when I start the car. It is exactly the same problem as is described in my quote... any ideas? I've done the programming in acc only mode and that didn't fix it. I really don't want to have to take it back to the dealer as it's quite a distance, so I thought I'd try here first...

Thanks!

I took mine into the dealer and they ended up ordering a new module for the seat. I'm scheduled to go in this next Monday to have it installed. Hope it works.

I took mine into the dealer and they ended up ordering a new module for the seat. I'm scheduled to go in this next Monday to have it installed. Hope it works.

:/ I guess I will contact my dealer now as well. I absolutely love the car in every way... just need to get that fixed then it will be perfect.

My seat stopped moving yesterday afternoon. It moves to the easy exit position when I shut of the car (Edge 2011 Sport), but refuses to automatically move into position any longer. I tried reprogramming it (in accessory mode as noted above) and that didn't work. I guess I'll be going to the dealer....

MyFordTouch issues requiring regular fuse 29 pulls (6 or 7 in less than month of ownership now) and now the seat issue.... Not good. :-(

-steve

***FIXED!!!***

I wanted to let everyone know that I inadvertently fixed my problem of the seat not returning to the preset position after turning on the ignition... I accidentally dropped a credit card down the right side of the seat and in order to retrieve the card I had to move the seat all the way up and all the way forward in order to reach the credit card from behind... well I pushed the 1 button to return the seat to its preset position afterward (as it was all the way up and forward and I could not get into the car with the seat that way, and now my entry/exit is working properly!!! :) I wanted to wait for awhile afterward before posting what happened to make sure, and so far so good!!

Edited by Ridbidge

***FIXED!!!***

I wanted to let everyone know that I inadvertently fixed my problem of the seat not returning to the preset position after turning on the ignition... I accidentally dropped a credit card down the right side of the seat and in order to retrieve the card I had to move the seat all the way up and all the way forward in order to reach the credit card from behind... well I pushed the 1 button to return the seat to its preset position afterward (as it was all the way up and forward and I could not get into the car with the seat that way, and now my entry/exit is working properly now!!! :) I wanted to wait for awhile afterward before posting what happened to make sure, and so far so good!!

Fascinating solution. I'll have to try that tomorrow, but I'm not going to hold me breath. On the other hand, my seat will always go back and up/down/recline to a preset position and it goes back if I enable the Easy Exit feature. It won't move forward for memory or upon start with Easy Exit enabled. That sounds like the same issue you had, so who knows...

I'll let you know.

-steve

Fascinating solution. I'll have to try that tomorrow, but I'm not going to hold me breath. On the other hand, my seat will always go back and up/down/recline to a preset position and it goes back if I enable the Easy Exit feature. It won't move forward for memory or upon start with Easy Exit enabled. That sounds like the same issue you had, so who knows...

I'll let you know.

-steve

Yes, that is exactly the issue I had and it is definitely working properly now I'm so excited as that was the ONLY issue that I was having!! :) Let me know if it works for you!

I'll let you know.

-steve

My Edge had the same issue as yours. They replaced the seat module today and it works great now

Yes, that is exactly the issue I had and it is definitely working properly now I'm so excited as that was the ONLY issue that I was having!! :) Let me know if it works for you!

Ridbidge, it worked!

Early this morning I started the car, moved the seat all the way forward, then manually moved it back. I got in the car, set the Easy Exit option to enabled and shut off the car. The seat moved back as before. I started it back up, and I sat in amazement as the seat moved back to the desired position. Let's both see how long that lasts!

Thanks for sharing your experience. ;-)

-steve

Ridbidge, it worked!

Early this morning I started the car, moved the seat all the way forward, then manually moved it back. I got in the car, set the Easy Exit option to enabled and shut off the car. The seat moved back as before. I started it back up, and I sat in amazement as the seat moved back to the desired position. Let's both see how long that lasts!

-steve

And you didn't have to drop a credit card?!?

Hope that works for you.

When my seat first started acting up, I pulled fuse 7 and it fixed it for a while. A few days later, it was back to it's quirky behaviour

Ridbidge, it worked!

-steve

YAY!! hehe :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this particular gremlin stays away now.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

EDIT-Yep, that definitely fixed it. It's been 3 weeks now and all is well. Also, I have never had to pull a fuse of any kind for any reason. :)

Edited by Ridbidge

No credit card drop required, wilsons66604. And I changed my avatar over at the Sync forum to match. :-)

I thought about pulling the fuse, but since I'm the only driver (for now) disabling the Easy Exit feature was easy enough. Since I'm in the club with the fuse pulling for Sync/MyFordTouch, I figured that I'd let the dealer fully diagnose/replace the seat memory bits if needed to make it work. If this simple fix of sliding all the way up resets things - golden. I can live with that for now!

Now, if we could find an easy solution for resetting the Sync module that doesn't require crawling on the floor and possibly dropping the fuse into the kick panel....

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you, Ridbidge. I'll let you know if the problem reappears.

-steve

• 4 weeks later...