Sirius Travel Link still not working

JusDaFax

If every 2011 Edge was having this problem, I could accept that answer. However, most are not.

Why do you need to create a software patch when you have systems out there that are working? Why won't they just reprogram my unit with a software version they know works?

I'm not convinced this is a software issue at all.

I hope someone at Ford is actually working this issue and it hasn't been pushed to a back burner because they see it as a low priority.

Did you ever hear anything on this? I'm taking Evelyn (my Edge) to the dealer on Friday for the Sync update and was wondering if this is something I should bring up? I don't want them messing with it if there is not a fix.

Did you ever hear anything on this? I'm taking Evelyn (my Edge) to the dealer on Friday for the Sync update and was wondering if this is something I should bring up? I don't want them messing with it if there is not a fix.

The service tech told me today that updates that require the dealership to install are all inclusive updates. I'm hoping it's worth our time and fixes most if not all bugs.

I think I'll be going back Friday to have mine installed also.

let's stay on track, here

I had contacted SIRIUS twice via their website about my 5 out of 8 "Unsubscribe"s with no response. Yesterday I called and was transferred to a tech. After a half hour, he suggested the SIRIUS tuner was bad and should be replaced.

Inquiring into this with my dealer, he told me that while researching something for a customer, on the Ford dealer "Tech Info" webpage, he saw dated Nov 9 "2011 Edge/MKX SYNC programming is currently experiencing issues and should not be attempted at this time. Please check back at a later time to complete any necessary programming." I'm gonna wait until the SYNC update comes out and is applied before I pursue swapping out the SIRIUS tuner.

• Like 1

let's stay on track, here

I had contacted SIRIUS twice via their website about my 5 out of 8 "Unsubscribe"s with no response. Yesterday I called and was transferred to a tech. After a half hour, he suggested the SIRIUS tuner was bad and should be replaced.

Inquiring into this with my dealer, he told me that while researching something for a customer, on the Ford dealer "Tech Info" webpage, he saw dated Nov 9 "2011 Edge/MKX SYNC programming is currently experiencing issues and should not be attempted at this time. Please check back at a later time to complete any necessary programming." I'm gonna wait until the SYNC update comes out and is applied before I pursue swapping out the SIRIUS tuner.

Thanks revOevoM.

When I first noticed 5 out of the 8 services were unsubscribed I talked to the dealer and they said talk to Sirius. I was on the phone 2 different times with 2 different techs and they said it showing up as working on their system so it must be a Ford issue. I'm just going to wait.

Please post something if you hear about a fix. Thanks!

Edited by luvford

Travel Link is still not working on my 2011 Edge.

The last word I got from Ford Customer Relations was they were working on a software patch that should be availble in mid-November. I called today to check the status. I left a voice message. We'll see what they say if/when they call me back.

BTW - my plate is KUTNEDG

Travel Link is still not working on my 2011 Edge.

The last word I got from Ford Customer Relations was they were working on a software patch that should be availble in mid-November. I called today to check the status. I left a voice message. We'll see what they say if/when they call me back.

BTW - my plate is KUTNEDG

Awesome plates... where are you located? I was blown away to find out how expensive personalized plates are in Cali... Alaska just has a one time 30 buck fee. More personalized plates then not.

• 2 weeks later...

revOevoM or JusDaFax

I'm curious to hear if either of you got your Travel Link features to work.

Since there are only 8 days left in November, the mid-November fix seems unlikely.

Thanks!

Luvford

Nothin' here. I'm certainly not gonna have 'em rip out and replace my Sirius tuner. I'm waiting for the major software update from Ford and see what happens after that. And I'll probably wait until some others have been updated before I get mine done.

Knock on wood, after my "reflash" I haven't had any problems. I have never had the "Performing Maintenance" screen and I have never had to pull the fuse. But I did get the reflash. So, except for minor issues like the phonebook photos, I have no complaints except for the Sirius functions not working.

revOevoM or JusDaFax

I'm curious to hear if either of you got your Travel Link features to work.

Since there are only 8 days left in November, the mid-November fix seems unlikely.

Thanks!

Luvford

Mine still isn't fixed. Ford used to call me once a week to tell me they had nothing to tell me. Now, I don't even get that call. I'm starting to worry that Ford is never going to fix this.

Don't get me wrong. I love my new 2011 Ford Edge. But we got some issues here...... :redcard:

:stats: I was so impressed I traded in my 2008 Edge for the 2011 Ford Edge Limited. My 2008 Ford Edge worked flawlessly with my current android phone the Sony Ericcson X10. So, I expected even greater things from my new 2011 Ford Edge Limited w/ MyFordTouch. Not! There is a definite problem with the bluetooth media streaming on the MyFord Touch side. The phone does connect for phone calls (only), but NOT for MEDIA STREAMING such as PANDORA , or media music files etc via bluetooth. My vehicle was in the shop for 5 days with my Android Cell phone to see if a fix could be found. Without the bluetooth media stream functions you are unable to enjoy a complete experience with the 3 years of Sync Services that Ford provides to new owners. I have not been able to use these services as since I bought the vehicle on November 1st 2010. The hardware/software engineers at Ford, Microsoft and Sony will have to coordinate and go back to find the missing link with their bluetooth connections. There should be not be problems with these two Sony products streaming from my Sony Ericsson X10 product to the Sony Sync System. My phone and 2008 Sync System worked absolutely perfectly in my 2008 Ford Edge before Sony even got involved. FORD should fix the problem & compensate services for those 2011 owners that must wait for a fix.

Although the software is not allowing bluetooth media streaming (But strangely it does allow phone calls via bluetooth). As a temporary fix I am using a Motorola T505 bluetooth with my Sony Ericsson X10. The T505 works just fine going through the FM frequencies with media streaming and to make phone calls. Although because I am using this device there is no voice recogntion capability. For me this is only a temporary fix for my media streaming until Ford comes up with a real fix.

The bluetooth issue is contributing to Sync not working along with another problem that is added insult to My Ford Touch / Sync injury. I called Sync Services to advise them that my Sync Services were not working. They advised me to check which ph# Sync was dialing. They said it should be dialing this number not that number (Gave me 2 Phone # to look for). I checked the #'s Sync Services provided.....it was neither #'s Sync Services provided but a "3rd" # showed on my cell phone. I called Sync Services back. They stated that I need to take my Edge into the dealer to re-program the correct ph#. The dealership knew nothing about this because there has been no Technical Bulletin. The Sync operator advised me that "Well you gotta consider that this is a different system". Both of these issues effect MyFord Touch Sync Services. I expect a higher standard when upgrading to a newer $50,000 plus vehicle.

I called the Ford Sync Services hotline again.... They assured me that the Ford Sync Engineers are working on these problems and that the MyFord Touch Sync Services start date will be delayed until a complete solution is found to these problems for 2011 Ford Edge owners w/MyFordTouch systems. I believe that the profesionals at Ford will resolve these issues and hopefully soon. Cross your fingers! (FYI: See syncmyride.com community site for more on this issue.On the Ford Sync Community I am Ray4Ward). :sos:

Hopefully we won't have to beat a dead horse.... :beatdeadhorse:

2011 Ford Edge Limited 3.bmp

2011 Ford Edge Limited 1.bmp

• 1 month later...

Just picked up my 2011 Edge Limited up from the dealership after they performed the latest Sync software upgrade. I've been through every menu and command I can think of. Everything is working great! Yeah!

The upgrade fixed the Sirius Travel Link Service, which has never worked for me. I now have all of the services and they are awesome. I touch the "Fuel Prices" tab and it sorts all of the fuel prices in my area by lowest price. I pick the station I want and it sets that station as the destination in navigation. So cool, just like the commercial! The weather, movie listing and ski conditions are cool too. Yeah!!!! Very happy

happy%20feet.gif :banvictory: :elefant: :party2:

Same with my Edge. I'm still waiting on Ford. When I went in to the dealer they got a reply from Ford that it is NOT a Sirius problem. I believe this as it work great in my F-150

Ford issued a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) that addressed this issue and others on Jan 10th. It directs the procedures for a "full flash reprogramming." Sorry, I can't find the TSB number, but I'm sure it was issued on Jan 10th. After my dealer performed this, my Sirius Travel Link worked fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't use Sirius, cause they don't have it in Alaska! So, I have Sirius in my 2011 FEdgeLimited, but can't use it. All the other problems sound like a Windows problem;

which is norm for Microsoft. The system you play with, but don't use. Should have been an Apple based system, with downloadable gadgets for the App store.

I don't use Sirius, cause they don't have it in Alaska! So, I have Sirius in my 2011 FEdgeLimited, but can't use it. All the other problems sound like a Windows problem;

which is norm for Microsoft. The system you play with, but don't use. Should have been an Apple based system, with downloadable gadgets for the App store.

oh oh oh oh oh oh - Another 2011 in AK!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!! Are you in Anchorage? I have been the only one AK'n on the board for a while with a 2011.... yippy!!!!!