DRL's on American 2011 Edge

tpm419419

I got the DRL activated by my local Ford dealership on my 2011 Ford Edge Sport that I purchased in the U.S. and imported into Canada .They turned them on through the computer but had to set the amber parking lights as the DRL instead of the headlights because U.S. models don't have that option as per the service advisor.

Can you give us the name and location of the dealer so we may have our dealer contact them. Sounds promising

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the DRL activated by my local Ford dealership on my 2011 Ford Edge Sport that I purchased in the U.S. and imported into Canada .They turned them on through the computer but had to set the amber parking lights as the DRL instead of the headlights because U.S. models don't have that option as per the service advisor.

Hmm, I think having the Amber lights as DRL is normal in Canada for the 2011 Edge. I'll have to look at mine when I get a chance, 2011 purchased in Canada.

M.

Hmm, I think having the Amber lights as DRL is normal in Canada for the 2011 Edge. I'll have to look at mine when I get a chance, 2011 purchased in Canada.

M.

Like many cars the amber lights are brighter than "parking lights", they are double filament like the turn signal brightness

He said they were activated in Canada. I guess that makes sense.

The Canadian dealerships have the version of software that will allow the activation of DRLs

The software is all the same. This particular Canadian dealer just happens to know how to do it.

Like many cars the amber lights are brighter than "parking lights", they are double filament like the turn signal brightness

Just double checked, and yes the 2011 Canadian Edge DRL (for my 2011 Edge purchased in Canada) are the amber lights. So it's normal that they activated the amber ones vs regular headlights.

M.

• 3 months later...

Hello

I picked up my 2011 Limited here in NY last Monday and loving it. Before signing the papers the one request I made was to have the DRL's turned on. I had this done on my 2007 Edge. The dealership told me they can no longer program the DRL's like they did in the past, The Canadian cars differ from the US models. Can anyone verify this? Sure doesn't make sense to me

Thanks and happy motoring

Ps. found out what that little bump on the door handle is. A sensor touch door lock for those that don't know

I have a 2011 Edge Limited. The dealer turned on the DRL for me last week. The mechanics description on the work order was "Electrical System: Client requests to have Daytime Running Lamps turned on. Accessed computer and activated daytime running lamps". He turned on the parking lamps on. So now the tail lights are off and the parking lights are on during the day. I noticed the turn signals flash about twice as fast as they as the did before. I understand the DRL can be set for parking lamps only, parking lamps and led, or headlights at reduced intensity. However, I have not confirmed that with the dealer.

I have a 2011 Edge Limited. The dealer turned on the DRL for me last week. The mechanics description on the work order was "Electrical System: Client requests to have Daytime Running Lamps turned on. Accessed computer and activated daytime running lamps". He turned on the parking lamps on. So now the tail lights are off and the parking lights are on during the day. I noticed the turn signals flash about twice as fast as they as the did before. I understand the DRL can be set for parking lamps only, parking lamps and led, or headlights at reduced intensity. However, I have not confirmed that with the dealer.

That's great. What dealer in PA do you use

I took my car into the dealership a year ago and they hooked it up and couldn't find the option to enable DRLs.

I sure would like to have them enabled.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Wanted to join and contribute my small part since this thread hepled me get my DRL's turned on today.

I have a '11 (US) Edge Limited. My dealer had never performed this but I sent the SA a link to this thread to give him a helping hand. I don't have the real specific details but they said they went right into the software and saw the spot to activate the DRL's. After they did that they only had one option for which lights to have as the DRL's, the amber turn signals, so they checked that box.

At first they were stumped that the DRL's weren't coming on but then realized it had to be out of Park (drive/reverse and so) before they would turn on.

They will work with the headlight switch in the off or automatic position.

Hope this adds to helping someone and thank you guys for the help, by starting this thread.

Edited by 05btdvw