Warranties / WearCare Pricing

MrHappy

• 4 weeks later...

Nobody on ESP Premium Care warranty pricing (US please)? Guess they aren't very popular eh? In particular looking for 6yr/75k or 7yr/85k.

Hi MrHappy. :D Call this number: 1-866-943-7778. It is the ESP Plan Department number for Harold Ziegler Ford/Automotive Group (located in Illinois/Indiana/Michigan areas). The number gets you the ESP Internet sales department, and sells to the entire U.S. (not sure about Canada). Ask for Michael Case, or follow the prompts to get his extension. After much Internet and Local Dealership ESP shopping, I received the lowest price from him and the experience was very professional. Copy of quotes were immediately sent to my E-mail, and when I actually purchased, the contract copy was also immediately sent to my E-mail. My credit card was charged for the proper amount and when I checked with my local Lincoln Dealership, the correct ESP Plan was properly registered for my vehicle.

During my shopping, I also received a similar low quote from Flood Ford (located in Rhode Island) at 1-888-318-8534, but decided to go with Harold Ziegler Ford. You will find the lowest prices at these online sellers, and can either purchase from them or use the pricing to try and get your Dealerships asking price lowered.

For example, my local Dealership started out ~$500 more than those two Internet Dealers. My local Dealership eventually came down to within $100, but still could not (or would not) match the Internet sellers. So I went with the Internet seller.

If you Google "Ford ESP Plan", you can find additional online sellers for more price comparisons.

Keep in mind that some people feel "self insuring" (put the money in the bank and save it for possible future use) is more cost effective. It essentially is a personal choice and either choice can be correct according to individual circumstances, as long as the individual is comfortable with their decision.

Hope this information helps.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 3 weeks later...

Voicemails left, no response :(

Hi MrHappy. :D Hmmm...that is unusual. Which Dealer did you leave voice mails with (Harold Ziegler Automotive Group or Flood Ford ) and when did you leave them (how long ago)? I usually received a callback no later than the next day. Of course, anyone leaves a message on the weekend, it is likely they won't get a call back until business hours during the week.

Since I was happy with the service, I had asked Michael Case at Harold Ziegler AG if he would mind me mentioning his and his Dealerships name on the forums if anyone asked about ESP Plan assistance. Of course, he said that would be okay (as an FYI, other than helping out fellow forum members I am not getting anything out of it).

If he is not returning calls for some reason, I will attempt to find out why. Let me know the details and I will try to help if I can,

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks. Left one this past weekend and earlier this morning. (At the number you listed above) Hit the prompt for the Ford ESP and left a voicemail saying it was for Michael and all my info. Maybe he's out today?

Hi MrHappy. :D Okay. Yes, maybe he is not in today. And weekend are weekends, so I simply never expect to get a call back on a weekend.

Since you left another message this morning, give it until mid-afternoon tomorrow. If you listen to all the prompts, you can also leave a message for him (Michael Case) directly. I just checked and his name is still on the voice mail recording. Try leaving him a direct message on his personal voice mail tomorrow morning (or tonight). If you hear nothing back, post back here and let me know. If you like, you can send me a PM with your first name, so that I can let him know which non-returned call/message was yours?

Again, I don't know Michael Case personally, only through my ESP purchase (I don't even live in the same Sate as the Dealership). But if you don't hear back, I will try to contact him.

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks for the referral, he called right back and his prices are very solid!!

Hi MrHappy. :D You are very welcome. Hope things work out.

Let me know how the price comparisons/shopping goes and what you finally decide to do. Like I said, I shopped a total of about a dozen online and local Dealers. I would be curious to know what your final thoughts are.

• 3 months later...

Hi MrHappy. :D Call this number: 1-866-943-7778. It is the ESP Plan Department number for Harold Ziegler Ford/Automotive Group (located in Illinois/Indiana/Michigan areas). The number gets you the ESP Internet sales department, and sells to the entire U.S. (not sure about Canada). Ask for Michael Case, or follow the prompts to get his extension. After much Internet and Local Dealership ESP shopping, I received the lowest price from him and the experience was very professional. Copy of quotes were immediately sent to my E-mail, and when I actually purchased, the contract copy was also immediately sent to my E-mail. My credit card was charged for the proper amount and when I checked with my local Lincoln Dealership, the correct ESP Plan was properly registered for my vehicle.

During my shopping, I also received a similar low quote from Flood Ford (located in Rhode Island) at 1-888-318-8534, but decided to go with Harold Ziegler Ford. You will find the lowest prices at these online sellers, and can either purchase from them or use the pricing to try and get your Dealerships asking price lowered.

For example, my local Dealership started out ~$500 more than those two Internet Dealers. My local Dealership eventually came down to within $100, but still could not (or would not) match the Internet sellers. So I went with the Internet seller.

If you Google "Ford ESP Plan", you can find additional online sellers for more price comparisons.

Keep in mind that some people feel "self insuring" (put the money in the bank and save it for possible future use) is more cost effective. It essentially is a personal choice and either choice can be correct according to individual circumstances, as long as the individual is comfortable with their decision.

Just went through this process and came up with the same 2 dealers you did. Ending up buying from the same source you did (Ziegler Ford). Difference was minimal ($10) between the 2. A lot of money to be saved on line, price from Ford was $2,080, was able to buy same thing on line for $800 less. I went with 7 years, $50 deductible, 1st day rental. I wanted the piece of mind with all the electronic stuff the Edge has. I didn't do my homework when I was buying the Edge and got suckered in by the dealer :banghead: , after I got home and my brain engaged I canceled the one the dealer had sold me at list price and just got my money back recently.

Edited by curlysir

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this info bbf2530,

Was searching and shopping ESP warranties. Michael got back to me quick and bottom line, 7yr/100K/$50 deduct Premium ESP $1,405.

Not only several hundred less that going through Ford, but no tax as well.

Have learned the hard way about aftermarket warranties, even when purchased through the dealer.

Last Ford, the warranty offered was not ESP Ford. As I found out, dealers can make more $ using other warranties.

Not only that, many garages did not accept, you wait for $, and even other Ford dealers were hesitant on the warranty as it was not ESP Ford.

So, done deal, got it.

Thanks for the info,

AB

When is the best time to buy an extended warranty? My 2011 edge that I bought last October already has 10k miles on it, I expect to put 25k miles a year on it. I would like to have a warranty cover me to 125k miles. I still have 2 and a half years on the factory warranty. Do I wait until I'm almost out of that warranty to purchase another one? Seems like I would not want to pay for one now...

I've never bought an extended warranty before, but with all the technology and miles for work that I expect to put on it, an extended warranty is probably my best bet. Not to mention that I financed the thing for five years, so along with car payments, I would hate to have expensive repairs also.

When is the best time to buy an extended warranty? My 2011 edge that I bought last October already has 10k miles on it, I expect to put 25k miles a year on it. I would like to have a warranty cover me to 125k miles. I still have 2 and a half years on the factory warranty. Do I wait until I'm almost out of that warranty to purchase another one? Seems like I would not want to pay for one now...

I've never bought an extended warranty before, but with all the technology and miles for work that I expect to put on it, an extended warranty is probably my best bet. Not to mention that I financed the thing for five years, so along with car payments, I would hate to have expensive repairs also.

You can buy it until the bumper to bumper warranty runs out. But for you that's not 2.5 years - it's just over 1 year because of the 36,000 mile warranty mileage limit - you'll hit that way before you hit the 3 year time limit.

If you're doing a lot of highway miles those are really easy on the vehicle. Your odds of having a problem during the extended warranty period is greatly reduced.

You can buy it until the bumper to bumper warranty runs out. But for you that's not 2.5 years - it's just over 1 year because of the 36,000 mile warranty mileage limit - you'll hit that way before you hit the 3 year time limit.

If you're doing a lot of highway miles those are really easy on the vehicle. Your odds of having a problem during the extended warranty period is greatly reduced.

So are you suggesting I forego the extended warranty? Most of my mileage will be highway. I'm just worried that if the touch system fails and needs repairs that I could spend a lot of money fixing it. So far, I've been one of the lucky ones with no problems (other than one or two reboots) with the myford touch system.

So are you suggesting I forego the extended warranty? Most of my mileage will be highway. I'm just worried that if the touch system fails and needs repairs that I could spend a lot of money fixing it. So far, I've been one of the lucky ones with no problems (other than one or two reboots) with the myford touch system.

That would be my recommendation. Electronics don't usually fail after the first few weeks and if they did I doubt they would cost more than $1500 to fix.

It's your money though - I was just pointing out that you won't get 2.5 years of coverage - only 1.