Metro Vac & Blower

With many cars after drying you always have water dripping from molding, doors mirrors, jams,etc. I been wanting to order a Metro Vac & blower to dry off my Sport. Costco has the Metro 4.0 for $159 shipped.

Heres a product details:

This twin fan 4 peak horsepower vacuum is the most powerful car vacuum ever tested. It has an amazing 95" of water lift (the standard measure for a vacuum’s efficiency). Compact, powerful, portable, it’s heavy-duty lightweight all-steel body is only 17" long and 7" in diameter which makes it easy to handle. Use it off road, too, as a vacuum for cleaning around the house or yard, or as a blower to inflate rafts, air mattresses or blow away leaves. On road or off, Vac ‘N Blo® offers the versatility you need. It comes fully equipped with a wide range of attachments, so whether the job calls for power or precision, you'll have the right tool at hand. A 6’ flexible hose plus two 20" extensions reach even the furthest corners.

Does anyone own one or used one before? Maybe one of pro detailers have.

:redcard:

I'vd splved the excess water problem years ago, before any one came out with blowers. I have a Husqvarna backpack leaf blower, that I

have ben using for years to get off most water after washing the car. I initially start with mouldings around the windows, and exterior mirrors,

then the entire car. After this, I go over the entire car with a soft bath towel. I don't know for sure but maybe a high powered electric leqf blower might do the trick. Remember, Home Depot takes back purchases within 30 days. You can buy a blower, and if not satisfied,

return it !

With many cars after drying you always have water dripping from molding, doors mirrors, jams,etc. I been wanting to order a Metro Vac & blower to dry off my Sport. Costco has the Metro 4.0 for $159 shipped.

Heres a product details:

This twin fan 4 peak horsepower vacuum is the most powerful car vacuum ever tested. It has an amazing 95" of water lift (the standard measure for a vacuum's efficiency). Compact, powerful, portable, it's heavy-duty lightweight all-steel body is only 17" long and 7" in diameter which makes it easy to handle. Use it off road, too, as a vacuum for cleaning around the house or yard, or as a blower to inflate rafts, air mattresses or blow away leaves. On road or off, Vac 'N Blo® offers the versatility you need. It comes fully equipped with a wide range of attachments, so whether the job calls for power or precision, you'll have the right tool at hand. A 6' flexible hose plus two 20" extensions reach even the furthest corners.

Does anyone own one or used one before? Maybe one of pro detailers have.

Great price. While I personally do not use one, I know of a lot of other detailers that do use something like this and they speak highly of it. Go for it! :rockon:

:redcard:

I'vd splved the excess water problem years ago, before any one came out with blowers. I have a Husqvarna backpack leaf blower, that I

have ben using for years to get off most water after washing the car. I initially start with mouldings around the windows, and exterior mirrors,

then the entire car. After this, I go over the entire car with a soft bath towel. I don't know for sure but maybe a high powered electric leqf blower might do the trick. Remember, Home Depot takes back purchases within 30 days. You can buy a blower, and if not satisfied,

return it !

Yikes, I would highly recommend not using a bath towel (or anything else cotton) on your paint. Towels, even the soft ones, are not paint friendly. Pick up a couple of MF dehydrating towels, your paint will thank you. :)

http://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Microfiber-M13/Waffle-Weave-Drying-Towel-P100/36-x-24-S1/

I'd be afraid that after a few years of drying it that way, the molding and emblems could be more prone to falling off.

The driver door molding on my old '01 Grand Prix just came off and I had to reattach it with 3M dbl sided tape.

I just use a california water blade and then gently dry off the car with a big towel. I also open the doors and cargo lift gate to wipe down those areas.

my poor molding falling off

tn_Reattach-Automotive-Door-Molding-Trim-002.jpg

I'd be afraid that after a few years of drying it that way, the molding and emblems could be more prone to falling off.

The driver door molding on my old '01 Grand Prix just came off and I had to reattach it with 3M dbl sided tape.

I just use a california water blade and then gently dry off the car with a big towel. I also open the doors and cargo lift gate to wipe down those areas.

my poor molding falling off

tn_Reattach-Automotive-Door-Molding-Trim-002.jpg

Paul, in all honesty, you should throw that california water blade right in the garbage. They are absolutely horrendous for your paint. You wouldn't believe how much scratches and spider webbing they can cause to your paint. Here's a customer's vehicle that used a California water blade on their paint.

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

MF waffle weave drying towels are a hugely recommended for drying your paint. :)

Paul, in all honesty, you should throw that california water blade right in the garbage. They are absolutely horrendous for your paint. You wouldn't believe how much scratches and spider webbing they can cause to your paint. Here's a customer's vehicle that used a California water blade on their paint.

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

MF waffle weave drying towels are a hugely recommended for drying your paint. :)

I absolutely concur with Canuck's advice here. I have a funeral home as a client and they were using those and it really buggered their paint. On my advice, they no longer use them. Even if you don't want to go the blower route, get yourself some waffle weave drying mf's or go to Target and get their yellow drying towel. The name escapes me right now but it's in an orange cardboard holder. They are very good and very soft.

I absolutely concur with Canuck's advice here. I have a funeral home as a client and they were using those and it really buggered their paint. On my advice, they no longer use them. Even if you don't want to go the blower route, get yourself some waffle weave drying mf's or go to Target and get their yellow drying towel. The name escapes me right now but it's in an orange cardboard holder. They are very good and very soft.

Black & Decker makes an electric battery powered blower that I bought from Home Depot for $49--- Came with 2 batteries and charger--- works great for all the blow jobs around the house! :shades:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...