Travel Link & Calendar

luvford

Today I was on the phone with Sirius trying to get my travel link subscription enable... 1 hour on the phone... FAIL! :redcard:

Has anyone gotten this issue resolved? Sirius says to contact the dealer... the dealer says to contact Sirius. WTF

Anyway while I was sitting in my driveway playing with Sirius and messing around with the center touchscreen I came across a button that says calendar. So I clicked on it. It said today was June 11, 2030. Who knew my Edge was also a time machine and the fountain of youth since I still looked the same. :hysterical: I tried to update it... but according to the "manual" the date is set by GPS.

Has anyone else played with the calendar? Is the date correct?

Not that either of these things are going to prevent me from enjoying my car... just curious.

Today I was on the phone with Sirius trying to get my travel link subscription enable... 1 hour on the phone... FAIL! :redcard:

Has anyone gotten this issue resolved? Sirius says to contact the dealer... the dealer says to contact Sirius. WTF

Anyway while I was sitting in my driveway playing with Sirius and messing around with the center touchscreen I came across a button that says calendar. So I clicked on it. It said today was June 11, 2030. Who knew my Edge was also a time machine and the fountain of youth since I still looked the same. :hysterical: I tried to update it... but according to the "manual" the date is set by GPS.

Has anyone else played with the calendar? Is the date correct?

Not that either of these things are going to prevent me from enjoying my car... just curious.

You may want to check out my previous topics:

"Sirius Travel Link not working" and "Sirius Travel Link Still not working" There is another topic just like these on the syncmyride forum. We are not alone.

I have been dealing with this for over a month now. Ford customer relations last weekly update stated Ford engineers were working on a software patch that should be out by "mid November" That estimate has grown from tomorrow to next week to by the end of Oct to mid November. I'm getting very frustrated.

BTW - I checked my calendar and the date was correct.

My travel link errors may or may not be related to the problems everyone else is having. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with sirius only to have them ultimately tell me that if I ever move to civilitation (lower 48) the push will go through and it will all be working, but because I live in the land of the back woods and hicks... it just doesn't work. Yes I get resentful of the way people treat Alaska like some third world country.

I remember finding the calendar at one point but don't remember the date on it. I will recheck.

I found the Calendar early on. BFD! :censored:

My wife's old (already sold and onto something new) Accord had a calendar that could actually be used! You could add a message for a given date, then upon starup on that date the car would recite the message. Pretty cool. What good, really is an unusable calendar? :wacko:

I found the Calendar early on. BFD! :censored:

My wife's old (already sold and onto something new) Accord had a calendar that could actually be used! You could add a message for a given date, then upon starup on that date the car would recite the message. Pretty cool. What good, really is an unusable calendar? :wacko:

Yeah - it it doesn't sync to work or iCal - I don't care.

And woo hoo... Rev has a pic up besides blue edge.... Are we starting to be real people?

r. So I clicked on it. It said today was June 11, 2030. Who knew my Edge was also a time machine and the fountain of youth since I still looked the same. :hysterical: I tried to update it... but according to the "manual" the date is set by GPS.

Totally off topic, but you traveled to my 58th birthday in your time machine. Did you get me a present? hysterical.gif

Yes I get resentful of the way people treat Alaska like some third world country.

You mean, it's not? devil.gif

It's late and I'm feeling ornery. :D

So - am I missing something - is that a pic of someone else that I should know who it is???? now I am guessing it is someone at ford? hummmmm, damn - do I have to do research...

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&rlz=&q=Alan+Mulally&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=-UvITLyeOsb_lges9Mn6Ag&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=8&ved=0CGkQsAQwBw&biw=1920&bih=1075