clock

Hello

For the third time my vehicles time has gone way off course. First time it was off by an hour, couple of days ago it went off by 2 hours. Today I found it off by 4 hours and then again by an hour. Most times when car is restarted it will correct itself.

Anyone else have this issue??

I had the clock go off by an hour twice (that I noticed) Once it was not set to Day Light Savings when it should have. Another time it corrected it self when I went into the settings menu. My clock is set to sync with GPS...Is yours?

Today, the time was correctly showing that DST was over.

My clock is set to daylight savings and did change this morning. Afterward and after another engine restart the time went off by 4 hours (minutes are always correct). Pretty sure it is synced with GPS but will double check. I'm guessing this will be a tough fix for the shop

Ha! I can see the head scratching now.

I have to laugh because I hate to cry!

Ha! I can see the head scratching now.

I have to laugh because I hate to cry!

Ok so taking my daughter to school this morning it happens again. I see the time is 5 hours off. I stop at a light and re check the GPS sync setting and sure enough it was set to off. Switched it to on and so far so good. BUT why with the gps setting set to off why would the time vary so much?

Anyhow hopefully it's resolved

Thanks

Ok so taking my daughter to school this morning it happens again. I see the time is 5 hours off. I stop at a light and re check the GPS sync setting and sure enough it was set to off. Switched it to on and so far so good. BUT why with the gps setting set to off why would the time vary so much?

Anyhow hopefully it's resolved

Thanks

I have my set to GPS and the daylight savings options both set to off and have never had an issue with my clock being wrong.

I am really glad that they have the option to turn off the daylight savings feature. I bought an alarm clock a while back that automatically changes on the correct day ~ from before they changed when the correct day is. I have to fix it now 4 times a year instead of just 2.

I have my set to GPS and the daylight savings options both set to off and have never had an issue with my clock being wrong.

I am really glad that they have the option to turn off the daylight savings feature. I bought an alarm clock a while back that automatically changes on the correct day ~ from before they changed when the correct day is. I have to fix it now 4 times a year instead of just 2.

Mine has been all over the place since DST. Right now it sits off by 7 hours (or I guess 5 depending upon how you look at it :)).

• 3 months later...

I have a 2011 Ford Edget with My Ford Sync but no Navigation and my clock time changes too...hrs and minutes. I noticed it this morning...once I made a phone call, the clock showed correct time....any idea what settings are incorrect for this to happen?

It's a software kind of thing... Have to live with it until Ford issues a fix.

I have a daylight savings time option but I don't see a GPS option. My clock is also off sometimes, very odd. My daylight savings time is set to off right now and I noticed the clock was off about 45 min this morning on the way to work.

Can someone let me know where the GPS option is located?

I have a daylight savings time option but I don't see a GPS option. My clock is also off sometimes, very odd. My daylight savings time is set to off right now and I noticed the clock was off about 45 min this morning on the way to work.

Can someone let me know where the GPS option is located?

On mine, it's located in the middle of the clock setting page.

the touch manual says...

Setting the clock

1. Press MENU > Clock.

2. Press + and — to adjust the time.

From this screen, you can also

access other adjustments such as 12

or 24 hour mode, to activate GPS

time synchronization, and to have

the system automatically update

new time zones.

Once you update any settings they will be automatically saved.

Note: The date will be set by your vehicle’s GPS. You cannot manually

set the date.

Note: After a battery disconnect, your vehicle will need to acquire a GPS

signal to update the clock. A GPS signal can be received in an open sky

area. Once your vehicle acquires the signal, it may take a few minutes

for the update to display the correct time.

I have had my Ford Edge Ltd for 3 weeks and yesterday the clock jumped ahead 4 hours. This morning it's 2 hours. All the settings are correct. Yesterday the Date/Year was incorrect, this morning the date is correct but the time is still out by 2 hours. Does anyone know if pulling the famous fuse 29 will correct the problem. Just got off the phone with Sync and they told me there is a TSB 10-24-9 that may correct the problem...I imagine it's just basically a Software Flash...but does it correct the clock issue. Just curious because to me the clock is not a major issue.

I checked my manual and it's much less informative. Looking at my settings on MyTouch, it shows display options (time, date or off), format (12 or 24 hour clock) and an option for daylight savings time. No GPS. Wondering if the GPS function is only part of the nav system, which I do not have. <??>

I set mine to use daylight savings time, since it wasn't, and see what that does. It seems to set the calendar automatically and knew it was today's date, it does not however show a year.

• 2 weeks later...

I had DST option selected but no joy, time was an hour behind. Deselecting it put it an hour further back.

Besides my clock being off daily now, having increased frequency of steering wheel volume control issues (nothing happens, then drops to zero, try and increase and it's ear splitting).