BT Audio/ USB

Zippy2011

Hello all. I have a Droid X and can not get the BT Audio streaming to work with Pandora. Not sure if my phone is compatible or not. I did get it to recognize the phone and it showed the title of the song but then disconnected. Any suggestions? Second question involves using the USB to play my music. It connects, plays the music but won't shuffle. Any suggestions?

Hello all. I have a Droid X and can not get the BT Audio streaming to work with Pandora. Not sure if my phone is compatible or not. I did get it to recognize the phone and it showed the title of the song but then disconnected. Any suggestions? Second question involves using the USB to play my music. It connects, plays the music but won't shuffle. Any suggestions?

[/quo

i have the regular Droid and its having same problem. The phone pairs, and my right LCD shows Bluetooth audio stream detected, but no sound. Strange because my 2008 w SYNC ran Bluetooth audio perfectly.

So maybe it isn't just apple that doesn't conform to Microsoft technology but every smart phone?

The bluetooth interface specs are not Microsoft technology. There is a bluetooth standard that all mfrs must adhere to and implement correctly for the interface to work. If either side doesn't implement the standard correctly then it won't work. The fact that some phones do work just fine with Sync generally proves that Ford implemented their interface correctly and the problem is on the cell phone.

The bluetooth interface specs are not Microsoft technology. There is a bluetooth standard that all mfrs must adhere to and implement correctly for the interface to work. If either side doesn't implement the standard correctly then it won't work. The fact that some phones do work just fine with Sync generally proves that Ford implemented their interface correctly and the problem is on the cell phone.

Sorry - yes akirby - I was being a bit snarky about the iphone. I know it isn't the sync working or not but the phone. Was just tired of the iphone hate. :)

Update: So I got the Sync to recognize the BT Audio and the song was registering on the screen and I could switch from song to song but.......NO SOUND! I guess I will stick to using the USB but I can't shuffle with that. OH Well!

Sorry - yes akirby - I was being a bit snarky about the iphone. I know it isn't the sync working or not but the phone. Was just tired of the iphone hate. :)

If you haven't lived with the Touch system for several weeks it's hard to get a good feel for just what is wrong.

To me, it is clear that the Touch system has software problems. It acts as though there is a memory leak with the programming. Depending on the device and the features you use on a regular basis (ie BT Audio), the Touch finally get's over whelmed and starts acting up. ending up in finally rebooting.

Let's hope the software update will have improved error correction and memory management to help deal with all devices. I understand that not all Touch features will work with all devices but Touch should be able to operate without locking up and rebooting.

I posted this on the Audio/SYNC thread... Thought I'd put it here too.

Someone needs to let Ford know that there have been 2 new iPhones releases since the 3g was 2 1/2 years ago.

This list doesn't include the MyTouch features. "Auto Phonebook Download" is said to work with iPhones ..that is if all you want are phone numbers and not pictures and addresses

I wonder where the My Ford Touch list is.

I've happened upon this list in the past. It's not easy to find.

Maybe Im not understanding you correctly, I keep hearing you blame the cell phone manufacturers for not implementing bluetooth correctly, but my phone worked perfectly with my 2008 LImited SYNC system, a day later I pick up my 2011 and it no longer works with SYNC? How is my phone to blame when Bluetooth audio is not playing now?:wacko:

Maybe Im not understanding you correctly, I keep hearing you blame the cell phone manufacturers for not implementing bluetooth correctly, but my phone worked perfectly with my 2008 LImited SYNC system, a day later I pick up my 2011 and it no longer works with SYNC? How is my phone to blame when Bluetooth audio is not playing now?:wacko:

I was talking about specific features that work with some cell phones but not with others - like reading text messages.

There is obviously something wrong with the 2011 MFT and Ford is working on it. That's a different issue.