New Maintenance Package included for all 11's

richy

My dealership actually gave me a card which entitles me to free service for the first 3 years of ownership. This came out after my purchase when I gave my salesman and his manager PBA (Policeman's Benevolent Association) cards (For those outside of the NY/NJ/PA area its basically a get out of jail free card that's presented along with your credentials if you're ever stopped for speeding or some other traffic infraction.

Anyway....free oil changes? Ill take it. So I think dealerships have a lot of latitude in giving away free stuff like this

Edited by Edgieguy

UPDATE:

So I spoke with the sales manager today and he advised me that this is a US only program and it does not apply to Canadian Lincolns. He said they are selling too well for them to need to do it here.

We bought our 2011 Edge in October in the Toronto area and got free oil changes for life!!

We bought our 2011 Edge in October in the Toronto area and got free oil changes for life!!

Mambo Girl, I assume that is a dealer sponsored deal? The Lincoln program includes brakes and most maintenance items. I am going to run Amsoil synthetic so I would not take advantage of that particular offering anyway. The other stuff would be nice though.

Hello MamboGirl. Which dealer did you purchase your Edge from? My dealer in Mississauga hasn't offered me any free oil changes. My car is on order. I may look at switching dealer.

oakplank

Just remember - TANSTAAFOC

(There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Oil Change)

You're paying for it somewhere.

We bought ours at Yonge and Steeles. We are from Hamilton, but someone told us to go there because of the good deals they are known to give.

Before leaving I called and spoke to the salesman, who told me that he'd make it worth my while to drive all the way there. He said if we didn't leave there happy, they would wash our current car inside and out and fill it up with gas. I figured I had nothing to lose. I was really happy with the service there.

The salesman did mention that they have a "sister" store in Mississauga that we could go to for our maintenance and the "free oil change" deal would be honored there too. That's probably what we'll end up doing since it'll be much closer for us.

• 11 months later...

We got our MKX from that dealership too.

Free semi-synthetic oil for life and tire rotation.

And Lincoln Canada gives two free scheduled maintenance. (2 years).

I purchased my 2011 Edge back in March from this dealer as well. I recieved free lifetime oil changes, no tire rotation. Of course they try to nail you for a $30 tire rotation when you bring it in. The coupons you receive are only valid every 6 months or 10K kl. May not intervels you are use to but I believe adequate for todays engines and oils. I have only been in once and had no issues, quick and pleasent experience....not what you may read or hear from some other!. This is a high volume dealership. Service department is extreemly busy and disorganized during regular hours. They are open until midnight 3 days a week so if you can, I would suggest regular maintenance appointments are made in the evenings, thats what I do and have done in the past.