Sheeting the surface

Most swirls in paint are caused by inappropriate washing techniques. Using a 2 bucket method with grit guards goes a long way to help reduce swirls. Another beneficial thing is to touch the paint as little as possible when drying. A simple way to do this is to sheet the paint with the hose after you have washed the car. It is a final rinse method. You let the water run freely from the hose and start at the top and work down. You will be amazed at how little water is left. I shot a short video of me sheeting my FX today after I washed it. The surface is protected with Cquartz, a nano glass sealant. See how very little water is left on the surface after I'm done. All I need to do is blot the surface to have it be completely dry.

I have been using this method for the past 20 years or so.

I use a short piece of hose ( 6 to 8 inches) with a female coupling that attaches to a threaded spray nozzle with male hose threads.

Run the water just enough to get a laminar flow from the end of the hose. Start at the top and work down.

I can get the glass and most of the vehicle water free, then finish the job with a chamois. shades.gif

It really helps to have a GOOD wax job on the vehicle. happy%20feet.gif

What do you think of the California Water Blade?

I try to sheet the water when I rinse, but then I like using the water blade to get off most of the rest of the water. I use a soft towel to pat dry any spots I missed.

I've been using that for years and so far all our cars have new looking paint. But I do also polish them all the time with Zaino stuff.

What do you think of the California Water Blade?

I try to sheet the water when I rinse, but then I like using the water blade to get off most of the rest of the water. I use a soft towel to pat dry any spots I missed.

I've been using that for years and so far all our cars have new looking paint. But I do also polish them all the time with Zaino stuff.

Paul, I actually answered your question previously about using a California Water Blade. Basically, it's death to your paint, but here's my previous reply.

http://www.fordedgef...dpost__p__44546

Also as an FYI, unless you are using Zaino Z-PC, you are not using a Zaino Polish. Zaino Z2, Z3, and Z5 are not polishes, they are sealants.

Edited by CanuckG35