Ford should SYNC themselves for selling 2011 Edge with known problems.

pinkedge

To all with a 2011 Dead Ford Edge we need to get Ford to take care of these cars and give us back our lives. To spend $43K for a car that is not fixable and Ford knew it before they locked all of us into contracts is bad business and so sad for the US economy. To whom ever can help us fight Ford please contact me. :sos:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fordedgeforum.com%2Findex.php%3F%252Ftopic%252F5765-my-sync-is-dead%252F&h=a9bff

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fordedgeforum.com%2Findex.php%3F%252Ftopic%252F5810-anyone-having-touch-issues%252F&h=a9bff

Edited by pinkedge

I have notice our main problem is when we want to use Sync (ie directions) it just says "downloading" and never does anything. I has worked once. Twice now, when trying to use Sync services it locks up the Ipod. We have to restart the car to use the Ipod again.

What do you mean by "DEAD" Ford Edge? Can you clarify what you mean, unfortunately not all of us are on Facebook so if you want to sell us on your petition, my suggestion is to provide more details.

Good luck; make them pay for your rental car, all gas and insurance because if it is like my car there is no fix!

" I Still have a DEAD EDGE going on 3 weeks in Service Dept. at FORD and NO FIX.......

Service Advisor called and said Ford is on a Fishing Expedition and does not know how to fix it!!!

Pretty Sad for a $43K vehicle!!!"

DITTO!!!!

I am having issues with the whole 2011 Ford Edge Mytouch SYNC system; within 5 days of purchase it started acting up and dropping phone connection. Took in for service and all they would say is it is your phone; I do not have an iphone which is one of the phones having issues with the SYNC system. Four days later the whole system went DEAD!!! Ford Service said it was the computer module and ordered one and the following week it finally came in. After the service dept. tried to connect and program the new item all day they determined they could not. I was called and told it will be 2 to 3 weeks for Ford to get back to them with a possible fix. The car is still in service and I have been advised by the Lemon Law Consumer Protection Lawyer to leave it there especially since they wanted me to pick it up unfixed. If you are having any problems like this you should contact a Consumer Protection Attorney; it's a free service for the consumer. Hope this helps others.

In Topic: My Sync is dead....

12/06/10: Got a call from Ford Corp. saying the Dealership now has the tool (?) to fix my defective SYNC. I have been without the car for 3 weeks now and I am having a hard time believing anything they tell me at this point. They have had more excuses and fixes for this problem and none have been true to date. So, I am reluctantly waiting for the call that it is fixed. :reading:

I'll let all know what's going on with updates now that Ford Corp. is involved. :rockon:

12/06/10: Got a call from Ford Corp. saying the Dealership now has the tool (?) to fix my defective SYNC. I have been without the car for 3 weeks now and I am having a hard time believing anything they tell me at this point. They have had more excuses and fixes for this problem and none have been true to date. So, I am reluctantly waiting for the call that it is fixed. :reading:

I'll let all know what's going on with updates now that Ford Corp. is involved. :rockon:

Can't wait for the update!! (pun intended!) Good luck, and hopefully this does the trick!!

12/07/10: Hmmmm, well I did not get the call today as promised by Ford Corp Rep. Guess the TOOL is Ford cause once again NO FIX for the DEFECTIVE 2011 Ford Edge SYNC!!!

Still completely dead with unprogramable module replacement, no software, no cable fix, no tool fix and vehicle still at dealership service dept.

How many more lies can they come up with? I think I have heard and read all of Ford's excuses now going into the 4th week of them F :censored:' ing with the car instead of making it right.

12/07/10: Hmmmm, well I did not get the call today as promised by Ford Corp Rep. Guess the TOOL is Ford cause once again NO FIX for the DEFECTIVE 2011 Ford Edge SYNC!!!

Still completely dead with unprogramable module replacement, no software, no cable fix, no tool fix and vehicle still at dealership service dept.

How many more lies can they come up with? I think I have heard and read all of Ford's excuses now going into the 4th week of them F :censored:' ing with the car instead of making it right.

After 30 days out of service, I would hope your attorney has something up his sleeve regarding the lemon law in your state. How many chances does the law possibly allow for the manufacturer to resolve these kind of issues?!

12/08/10: I started it through email: crcfmc@ford.com and here are phone #'s: (800)392-3673 or (866) 631-3788. The Rep is calling me tomorrow 12/09/10, to see how I am enjoying my fixed vehicle that is still at the Dealership in Folsom, CA, unfixed and no one has bothered to call as promised on 12/06/10 because some magic TOOL was going to fix it on 12/06/10. We need to get others to join us because this is now a Ford SYNC Scam; they knew these vehicles were defective when they sold them and just wanted to lock us all into Contracts!

12/08/10: I started it through email: crcfmc@ford.com and here are phone #'s: (800)392-3673 or (866) 631-3788. The Rep is calling me tomorrow 12/09/10, to see how I am enjoying my fixed vehicle that is still at the Dealership in Folsom, CA, unfixed and no one has bothered to call as promised on 12/06/10 because some magic TOOL was going to fix it on 12/06/10. We need to get others to join us because this is now a Ford SYNC Scam; they knew these vehicles were defective when they sold them and just wanted to lock us all into Contracts!

I think the reason you may not be getting people joining forces is there may not be a lot of people in your boat. The vast majority of owners are annoyed at best by having to reboot, pull fuses, etc... I don't think most people even have to bother with that. Your car has been in the shop for quite a while... that's not right or justified. Ford should do something for you period. But I think there's at best only a 1 or 2 people in your boat as well.

I'm looking forward to a patch to deal with my wifes IPhone issues... but other than that I enjoy my car... If it was stolen today, I'd go out and buy the exact same one again and continue to wait for an update.

If I was you - I'd be just as upset, probably more. But its going to be difficult to get the public support you're looking for, as your issue seems to be extreme and somewhat isolated.

Your situation does suck. Don't sit around and complain that the dealership hasn't called you. They probably forgot about you.

Get in the dealerships face. Keep calling them. Just don't let them think you are content to wait.

If they are waiting for a part, tell them to use one from a car they have on the lot. There is no excuse to be without your car this long.

I'm looking forward to a patch to deal with my wifes IPhone issues... but other than that I enjoy my car... If it was stolen today, I'd go out and buy the exact same one again and continue to wait for an update.

I feel for those of you with big problems... I really do. But the quote above is me in a nutshell. I LOVE my Edge. Only very very minor issues with MFT at this point.

I think the reason you may not be getting people joining forces is there may not be a lot of people in your boat. The vast majority of owners are annoyed at best by having to reboot, pull fuses, etc... I don't think most people even have to bother with that. Your car has been in the shop for quite a while... that's not right or justified. Ford should do something for you period. But I think there's at best only a 1 or 2 people in your boat as well.

If I was you - I'd be just as upset, probably more. But its going to be difficult to get the public support you're looking for, as your issue seems to be extreme and somewhat isolated.

If only 1 or 2 others with similar issues then why are so many posting the same in other related forums? And, asking me for updates on what is happening because they are going through the same Ford Run Around "FORD SYNC SCAM"?

Edited by pinkedge

Your situation does suck. Don't sit around and complain that the dealership hasn't called you. They probably forgot about you.

Get in the dealerships face. Keep calling them. Just don't let them think you are content to wait.

If they are waiting for a part, tell them to use one from a car they have on the lot. There is no excuse to be without your car this long.

Ford Corp is not doing anything as promised either and I'm waiting for them to make it right. Why should I have to run around to make it right I didn't build these DEFECTIVE VECHICLES!!! And, then sell them to lock people into contracts. "FORD DEFECTIVE 2011 EDGE SYNC SCAM"

Ford Corp is not doing anything as promised either and I'm waiting for them to make it right. Why should I have to run around to make it right I didn't build these DEFECTIVE VECHICLES!!! And, then sell them to lock people into contracts. "FORD DEFECTIVE 2011 EDGE SYNC SCAM"

Wow. It's really not that bad...Cool out.