Ford should SYNC themselves for selling 2011 Edge with known problems.

pinkedge

If only 1 or 2 others with similar issues then why are so many posting the same in other related forums? And, asking me for updates on what is happening because they are going through the same Ford Run Around "FORD SYNC SCAM"?

Same reason traffic comes to a standstill when there's a car accident. People like to gaulk.

Are you serious? You think going on 4 weeks with NO FIX and vehicle (2011 FORD EDGE SEL AWD WITH DEAD SYNC) still at Dealership Service is acceptable?

Ford's built over 30,000 Edges and 1 sitting in a dealer for 4 weeks is not a significant problem in the big picture. It certainly doesn't lend evidence to any kind of scam.

Ford's built over 30,000 Edges and 1 sitting in a dealer for 4 weeks is not a significant problem in the big picture. It certainly doesn't lend evidence to any kind of scam.

Hmmmm, if not a SCAM and not a problem: why has Ford re-routed SYNC issues on this Forum back to their advertising sites; Redirected Hits: 11,154? And, what about all of them at various dealerships through out US and Canada siting unfixed? Last count: all of us on this forum, 80 in another one, 6 at another and on and on...................

Edited by pinkedge

Hmmmm, if not a SCAM and not a problem: why has Ford re-routed SYNC issues on this Forum back to their advertising sites; Redirected Hits: 11,154? And, what about all of them at various dealerships through out US and Canada siting unfixed? Last count: all of us on this forum, 80 in another one, 6 at another and on and on...................

This is by far the biggest "EDGE" related forum out there. It gets the majority of the traffic. I have only seen 1 active issue where an Edge is in the shop, and its yours.

Anyone who is in her boat, feel free to chime in. So far this "scam" sounds pretty over-inflated.

It seems Ford has decided to quiet the concerns about Sync, but personally I have no concern that they will not be addressed in a future update. Anyone who has been using a computer long enough is familiar software can have issues, as its EXTREMELY complicated. Its about striking a balance between cutting edge features and stability. If you chose stability you end up with a Honda... very stable car... very bland car... Its why I chose my Edge over the CRV I was looking at. I prefer bleeding "EDGE" and don't mind the issues that come with it.

Now again - Your case is extreme... and i feel for you... I'd be more upset than you with not having my car for so long. But I don't think its fair to make is seem like its some kind of grand conspiracy and no one has a road-worthy Edge. As for "redirected hits" ... that's just Google Ad words in action.

This is by far the biggest "EDGE" related forum out there. It gets the majority of the traffic. I have only seen 1 active issue where an Edge is in the shop, and its yours.

Anyone who is in her boat, feel free to chime in. So far this "scam" sounds pretty over-inflated.

It seems Ford has decided to quiet the concerns about Sync, but personally I have no concern that they will not be addressed in a future update. Anyone who has been using a computer long enough is familiar software can have issues, as its EXTREMELY complicated. Its about striking a balance between cutting edge features and stability. If you chose stability you end up with a Honda... very stable car... very bland car... Its why I chose my Edge over the CRV I was looking at. I prefer bleeding "EDGE" and don't mind the issues that come with it.

Now again - Your case is extreme... and i feel for you... I'd be more upset than you with not having my car for so long. But I don't think its fair to make is seem like its some kind of grand conspiracy and no one has a road-worthy Edge. As for "redirected hits" ... that's just Google Ad words in action.

Not sure I would call it a "scam", but I don't expect to buy a new car and have majorly anoying issues, no matter how high tech it is supposed to be. There is many cars out there with issues ranging from complete non-function to occational errorswith the MFT. This sysytem is nowhere ready for prime time in the automotive industry. Just because we accept the junk coming from Microsoft does not mean we accept it in a car. There is many more options for consumers when buying a car and launching a product with this level of quality is unacceptable. Ford clearly did not complete testing to the required standards. Until very recently, customers were being told by the dealers that there is currently no fix and not to bring the vehicles in for service. This also allows Ford not to show really bad warranty numbers for this vehicle though. I sure hope Ford finds a way to apologyze to the many customers with issues.

Until very recently, customers were being told by the dealers that there is currently no fix and not to bring the vehicles in for service. This also allows Ford not to show really bad warranty numbers for this vehicle though.

That was absolutely true - the fix wasn't available to all dealers until very recently. And it won't affect their warranty numbers because those vehicles will eventually be brought in for warranty repair.

This is a terrible situation but it's not as widespread as some would have you believe and it's definitely no scam. Stuff happens and it's taking longer to fix than it should.

I wonder if people would be bitching so loudly if it was a normal engine or transmission problem?

Are you serious? You think going on 4 weeks with NO FIX and vehicle (2011 FORD EDGE SEL AWD WITH DEAD SYNC) still at Dealership Service is acceptable?

If your Edge has been at the dealer for 4 weeks with no fix, why haven't they given you a new Edge or your money back?

That was absolutely true - the fix wasn't available to all dealers until very recently. And it won't affect their warranty numbers because those vehicles will eventually be brought in for warranty repair.

This is a terrible situation but it's not as widespread as some would have you believe and it's definitely no scam. Stuff happens and it's taking longer to fix than it should.

I wonder if people would be bitching so loudly if it was a normal engine or transmission problem?

If it was a normal engine or transmission problem it would hopefully get fixed quickly in one visit. If failure rate would exceed 4% at 12 month in service for the vehicle population, then a recall would be mandatory. If it wasn't fixed in a visit or 2, then people would also start bitching. If they were told to live with the problem until Ford could release a new component sometime down the road, then you would get the same kind of response.

This IS a widespread problem for those who have the 2011 model.

"Stuff happens" like going to market with a system that they knew was half-baked.

What???

You know that if this was an issue with a popular Japanese auto, it would be front page news and recalls would have been in order. This Touch problem has been swept under the carpet.

I have noticed that the press honeymoon is over. Recent reviewers have caught onto the fact that the system is half-baked and not living up to the initial press releases.

Check out CNet's recent MKX review and the Car Tech Live podcast. They were advising people to purchase Fords without the new Touch system

Edited by wilsons66604

Well thanks to the supporters on this issue I got Ford Corp to admit there is a problem and the Dealership states there are now 600 Dealers trying to get this resolved. I spent time on the phone with Ford Corp and asked for them to be truthful and finally got an answer although reluctantly that SYNC defects are on more vehicles than just the one I have had in Service. I went to the Dealership and was told they only have a few days to fix because the California Lemon Law kicks in and Ford Corp will have no way out due to the law. We also discussed the fact that Ford was aware of the DEFECTIVE SYNC on the 2011 Edge and shipped them anyway. They were hoping to have a fix before any of them failed and would fix them as warranty issues.

Well thanks to the supporters on this issue I got Ford Corp to admit there is a problem and the Dealership states there are now 600 Dealers trying to get this resolved. I spent time on the phone with Ford Corp and asked for them to be truthful and finally got an answer although reluctantly that SYNC defects are on more vehicles than just the one I have had in Service. I went to the Dealership and was told they only have a few days to fix because the California Lemon Law kicks in and Ford Corp will have no way out due to the law. We also discussed the fact that Ford was aware of the DEFECTIVE SYNC on the 2011 Edge and shipped them anyway. They were hoping to have a fix before any of them failed and would fix them as warranty issues.

Thanks for the post Pinkedge. I hope your situation gets resolved soon.

600 dealers times x owners = "Wide Spread"

AND

the fact that they knew all about this is a shame.

This brings to mind when I mentioned Deceptive Marketing in a post a month or 2 ago. I was attacked by other forum members. Members that did not own a 2011 and had/have no idea what frustration we are going through.

AND

This brings to mind when I mentioned Deceptive Marketing in a post a month or 2 ago. I was attacked by other forum members. Members that did not own a 2011 and had/have no idea what frustration we are going through.

I did ask my dealer about this very thing tonight. They tell me they have sold over 200 [2011 Ford Edges] and to date I am the only one having this issue with MFT/Sync. The service department also confirmed this.

I also spoke with a couple of 2011 Edge owners and they have also reported no problems and really "love the MFT/Sync" It almost seems like the internet amplifies our issues. I for one can tell you I have been researching this and have been sucked into all of these posts and really are adding to my frustrations...just sayin'.... FML!

AND

Thanks.

Deceptive Marketing by Ford sounds about right, too.

Well if it's any comfort while at the Dealership a couple of people were in process of buying 2011 Edges (not sure which ones but they were in place to close the deals) I made sure that the conversation was overheard by all.

I thought i had a faulty MFT system when my bluetooth audio worked on my 2008 then quit when i hopped into my 2011. Then I had an issue with MFT Nightlight feature, err uh unintended feature. But, after a night at the dealership it came back and everything works. My bluetooth audio is streaming, my nightlight feature was turned off, and touch system seems to be functioning perfectly. So I guess I dont have an issue after all. Or maybe I did and it got srted out. Sorry to hear the troubles youre having. If your Edge worked like mine, you'd be thrilled with it. I hope it gets fixed, or you get offered a new one and get to experience all that the MFT system offers. Like someone else said, If they stole my Edge today, Id have the exact one ordered tomorrow all over again. This is the SUV or CUV, or truck or whatever you want to call it that Ive been waiting years for. Im so thrilled to drive it everyday. Best of luck to you OP.

• Like 1

I did ask my dealer about this very thing tonight. They tell me they have sold over 200 [2011 Ford Edges] and to date I am the only one having this issue with MFT/Sync. The service department also confirmed this.

I also spoke with a couple of 2011 Edge owners and they have also reported no problems and really "love the MFT/Sync" It almost seems like the internet amplifies our issues. I for one can tell you I have been researching this and have been sucked into all of these posts and really are adding to my frustrations...just sayin'.... FML!

This is what we've been trying to tell SOME people but all they want to do is bitch and moan and accuse Ford of doing the wrong thing.

This is what we've been trying to tell SOME people but all they want to do is bitch and moan and accuse Ford of doing the wrong thing.

Do you believe them?

That is what they were telling me at first but now have admitted there are many out there with a DEAD SYNC, LOCKED INSTRUMENT PANELS, NO LIGHTS AND LACK OF CLIMATE CONTROL.

Edited by pinkedge

Do you believe them?

That is what they were telling me at first but now have admitted there are many out there with a DEAD SYNC, LOCKED INSTRUMENT PANELS, NO LIGHTS AND LACK OF CLIMATE CONTROL.

Of course there are many, but many appears to be one out of several hundred, not every single one.

This is a very real problem. I had my Edge approximately 10 days and when I took it in to reflash the software since Sync services did not work the system crashed. Nothing works. I have had a rental for 9 days but it is not the vehicle I purchased. Ford is very aware of the issue and supposedly the software update has been issued and the back ordered parts are available according to what I was told by Ford yesterday. I am waiting for my service department to return my call to confirm.

Do you believe them?

Sorry but other than you, I haven't seen a single one stating they have this issue. This is a serious issue, and if there where 600 out there like that - there would be widespread pandemonium.

In this country without a heater working, you can not drive the car this time of the year.