Love my edge - but now hate this forum

choff1138

Folks - we now have active moderators. If you see offensive or disruptive posts just hit the Report button.

Can you tell me who the active Moderators are? From what I can tell, the only two staff members here are Staff and Staff2. I am an Administrator on a couple of other large car forums and this is the only car forum I've been involved in that doesn't seem to have active Mods.

Edit: it looks like you are a Mod now. :)

Edited by CanuckG35

Hey, freedom of speech and association man!

You have the right to come and go, post or not post, read or don't read. We all have the right to feed the trolls or not. Although I will admit that when a thread is hijacked, we need better moderation to step in and redirect the topic, overall it appears most of the threads that are negative are kept in the negative threads. Those are easily avoided.

Your reason for hating this forum is your reason. I personally don't hate it, but to each his own.

Really it comes down to this:

As a car, the edge is FANTASTIC. No one seems to refute this.

myFord Touch, has its problems and they are abnormally high, and pretty bad for some folks.

If you love your car so much, I would think you would be more empathetic with those that have them in the shop for upwards of 4 weeks, thats crazy!

At the same time, there are a few here who we all know who are over the top... but again... You have the right to come and go, post or not post, read or don't read. We all have the right to feed the trolls or not.

"ditto"

Was getting ready to post but you said most of what I wanted to say.

Posting on Forums tend to be negative as most people are looking to solve a problem when they come to one. You have to filter through the BS to find the real stuff. I for one want to know about the problems as well as the good stuff. Threads staying on track would help but I don't want to bury my head in the sand and hope everything goes away. I didn't have a lot of the problems others were having but I read them anyway and didn't let it get to me like it appears to have on several posting here.

The MFT problem is bad and will shortly become a nightmare for Ford if they don't get the update procedure fixed. I fully expect mine to be broken when I pick it up tomorrow and the dealer doesn't have a clue as to when they will have a solution.

I fully expect mine to be broken when I pick it up tomorrow and the dealer doesn't have a clue as to when they will have a solution.

I wish the best for you and new vehicle tomorrow.

I agree with your comments listed, BUT there is a clear difference between being pissed and venting AND posting ALL over the place. I want to know good and bad and read it all also. What makes me upset is when I read the SAME post COPIED on several threads. Its just too much, I got it the first time. NOW, if this forum was hosted by FORD and they communicated back with the customers, that would be a different situation because you would have the attention of someone. But from what I see, we are all just civilians here and there are no senators representing us within the walls of Ford Motor Company.

I feel everyone's aggravation and it is amazing of the lack of communication and support between corp and dealers and the end user. I just dont know if it would be different from any other vendor. All I have ever gotten from other vendors in the past has been a free coffee and many "We are so sorry" and that they will make it right asap. FORD needs to inspect the vehicles a lot better and pay special attention to any NEW systems they put in a new model. They dont make all the sub-components in a vehicle but a vendor and FORD have let these vehicles leave the factory without proper testing AND should be ashamed of themselves.

I only have the minor issues, 8" nighlight and such and will wait for next rev of software to be tested fully before doing an update.

I only hope that all with the severe troubles take there cars in and get a loaner or DONT accept delivery of the car. If there are safety issues, I wouldnt want to be in a 10 year court case against FORD for any injuries I, my passengers might have from a potential accident.

Agree with mleber and cirockets. No issues whatsoever with venting frustrations and so forth, however copying and pasting the same post into multiple threads is over the top. I realize this isn't one of the forums that I am an Administrator at, however repeated redundant posts would simply be deleted if it was up to me. Anyways, this is still a great forum with a lot of great members here. Thanks for all of the great information everyone has shared over the last few months. :)

Agree with mleber and cirockets. No issues whatsoever with venting frustrations and so forth, however copying and pasting the same post into multiple threads is over the top. I realize this isn't one of the forums that I am an Administrator at, however repeated redundant posts would simply be deleted if it was up to me. Anyways, this is still a great forum with a lot of great members here. Thanks for all of the great information everyone has shared over the last few months. :)

Heck yes Canuck.. you inspired me to order a lot of expensive detailing products.. now if only you can inspire me to actually use them :)

Wow! The emotions that have surfaced here are very strong. It amazes me how personal people are taking all of this.

This is a forum to share information. Let's respect each other's point of view when they share.

Be understanding of frustrated Edge owners that are looking for the support that can be found here.

Be understanding of new contributors. Guide those who don't know the proper forum etiquette. Don't call them names.

There is a great deal of information flowing through this forum. I've learned a great deal and have had the enjoyment of resolving others' questions/problems.

I will continue to post my learnings and opinions and ask that you respect them as I will respect your's.

Heck yes Canuck.. you inspired me to order a lot of expensive detailing products.. now if only you can inspire me to actually use them :)

Ha! I have several shelves dedicated to car care products now.

I took advantage of the nice 60' weather today to do a quick Spray & Wipe.

(Great forum)

Edited by wilsons66604

I agree with your comments listed, BUT there is a clear difference between being pissed and venting AND posting ALL over the place. I want to know good and bad and read it all also. What makes me upset is when I read the SAME post COPIED on several threads. Its just too much, I got it the first time.

Yes but this wouldn't be happening, at least not on this scale, if there weren't a ridiculous number of over-lapping forums on this website. The other issue is a lot of message threads that need to be merged. That's something that hopefully the moderators will tackle.

I would like to apologize for any negativity I have posted fueling this mess, and your decision to leave. My vehicle has been out of service for two weeks now, and I've been consumed by the negativity being posted by others, here and other forums. I am done with it.

The Edge is a GREAT vehicle, and this issue being experienced by a small number of Edge owners will get resolved. Like my dealer informed me last night, he has sold over 200 2011 Edges and *I* alone am the only one having any kind of trouble.... 1 in 200!! Pretty damn good odds that prospective Edge owners will get a great, problem free vehicle!

Brian

I agree Brian, I'm somewhat guilty also, I apologize, Its frustration of not being able to enjoy a state of the art vehicle.

Hey Choff, don't leave. We'll all miss your positive attitude and genuine excitement for your ride. A lot of us feel the same way about ours, but we just aren't as good at writing about it.

There are a few people here with legitimate issues, but I'm also getting tired of them spamming each and every thread with yet another version of thier complaint every time someone leaves a comment. We get it: Your Sync isn't working, or won't stream your crappy music from your new phone. Get over it. Any feelings of empathy from the rest of us was lost after your third post.

Aside from all the whiners, I've learned a lot from this forum. Here are some highlights:

- I learned how to correctly set the set the seat & steering wheel to match my fob.

- I've learned that the cargo cover is junk, so instead of spending $125 on one I bought a black fleece throw blanket from Target for $13.

- I've learned all about how a noob can to properly detail a new car (Thanks Canuck!), and now my Tuxedo Black paint looks really awesome.

- I've learned where to get a nice trailer hitch cover (eTrailer), and where to get a really good screen protector (NuShield).

- I've learned all about Fuse 29, and hope I never have to pull it.

There is more, but this is what I remember off the top of my head.

So please stay on and please keep posting. We are all looking forward to hearing your experiences with the extreme cold and snow. I'm hoping that people like you, Canuck, Akirby and BlueEdge don't get frustrated and leave, because it's people like you that give the rest of us a reason to come back.

Ditto!!

Edited by NewEdgeForMe