2011 FORD EDGE SYNC DEFECTS vs Japanese Auto Makers

pinkedge

US Auto maker vs Japanese Auto maker  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would make front page news in US when defects are found?

• United States auto maker
    • Japanese auto maker

A question was posed in this forum due to Ford Edge SYNC defects saying they are sweeping this problem under the carpet and if it was a Japanese auto it would be front page news. Do you agree?

I really think this is off topic....

I have been sucked into all of the negativity regarding this one single issue - it has literally consumed me for the past two weeks now. I am done.

This issue will be resolved. The more I think about - I really do like my Edge. I thought to myself - if my Edge is deemed a lemon, what would I purchase next, and I had only one answer. Another Edge. There are A LOT of people out there who are having no issues at all, and I am in the minority. What good does it do me, or anyone else to constantly complain about this? The issue will not be resolved any quicker. The bottom line is the Edge is a great vehicle, and Ford will get this resolved. I will continue to post updates to those who are in fact having the same problems.

Keep the faith folks!

Brian

^ Completely agree. The MFT in my Edge reboots consistently and I find it very annoying. Having said that, I am staying positive and think that Ford will have this fixed (hopefully with the recently released TSB). I understand some of the member's frustrations as I have them myself, however I just don't see the point of constant complaining about an issue that Ford is well aware with. IMO, it's not going to get things fixed any quicker. :)

How is publishing a TSB, delaying shipments of new vehicles and attempting to fix customer vehicles "sweeping it under the rug"?

Agree. The original question has a flaw. Answer this then reflect on an answer. Concerning Japanese Auto Makers, how many people DIED, were injured, had accidents before the issues made ANY news nationally/ globally? How many model YEARS did they go back and fix after it was public, 1 year or MANY? Do you really think they didnt know about some of those issues when they shipped the cars? Do you think they would have ever responded and fixed what they did IF it wasnt "news" and didnt have the amount of attention it did?

Plus, the newspapers and news channels LOVE negative news. If they knew and could validate it, it would be out there. Its seems to be what they live for. While this is a sad issue for Ford, Ford's reputation and the innocent buyers, it just hasnt made waves yet.