Body color grille on 2011 Sport

randyf

In other post, I had stated I was considering painting the black grille on my 2011 Sport to the body color. My daughter is the graphics artist, so I asked her to give me a digital representation of what it would look like. Quality is not the best - pic is of the truck inside a dark garage, but the idea was well represented in her work.

As you can see, we opted not adding color to the mesh area between the bars on the grille.

It looks pretty good with the color & I am still mulling it over. For others interested, you can judge what result would be without being suprised.

Randy

edgecolorgrille.bmp

A high shot of the Sport would be easyer to visualize. But a good job by your daughter.

silve wire mesh between the bars would look cool.

It was a really bad pic that she tried her best to work with. She took some new pics yesterday that she will modify with the silver & see how that looks

I replaced the chrome grille with a Kona Blue painted one because, well... that was just too much chrome. I liked the look of the black Sport grille, but didn't want a Sport for other reasons.

I should have painted the grille black. Then it would confuse everyone. Is it a Sport? Is it a Limited? Is it a hybrid?

I replaced the chrome grille with a Kona Blue painted one because, well... that was just too much chrome. I liked the look of the black Sport grille, but didn't want a Sport for other reasons.

I should have painted the grille black. Then it would confuse everyone. Is it a Sport? Is it a Limited? Is it a hybrid?

I agree, the grill is TOO much chrome on any color edge but silver or white where it tends to blend in rather nicely. Your blue grill looks nice, and classy. Can't wait to get my black SEL in and black out the grill, chrome door handles etc.

I agree, the grill is TOO much chrome on any color edge but silver or white where it tends to blend in rather nicely. Your blue grill looks nice, and classy. Can't wait to get my black SEL in and black out the grill, chrome door handles etc.

I didn't like all the chrome up front either.

I ordered a new grille,came ready for painting,had the local shop paint

and install

Picture should be in my gallery.

Jack

I didn't like all the chrome up front either.

I ordered a new grille,came ready for painting,had the local shop paint

and install

Just out of curiosity why did you not have the stock chrome grill painted rather than buying a new one? The shop could've prepped the chrome grill for paint far cheaper than the cost of a new grill.

Just out of curiosity why did you not have the stock chrome grill painted rather than buying a new one? The shop could've prepped the chrome grill for paint far cheaper than the cost of a new grill.

I didn't want to drive without a grille for a week.

The replacement was relatively cheap.

I can always switch back to chrome.

• 5 months later...

I didn't want to drive without a grille for a week.

The replacement was relatively cheap.

I can always switch back to chrome.

Was not a fan of the ALL chrome grille as well, purchased, painted and switched my top two grille pieces on my Limited to the same body color. To replace the grille pieces only took about 20 minutes.

post-12640-0-02149500-1306785536_thumb.jpg

post-12640-0-64235100-1306785649_thumb.jpg

I did mine too - White Platinum - I also painted all of the lower cladding.

There's pics floating around in one of the sub-forums.... I've had nothing but positive comments on it - I even had the Ford dealer ask if I'd do one for them for the showroom!