Best Pricing for a 2011 Sport?

Duck360198

Hi Everyone!

New member here so I'm really looking forward to being a part of this community! :hyper: Anyway, my wife and I are in the market for a 2011 Ford Edge Sport and we know exactly what we want:

Platinum White

AWD

Navigation

Cargo Package (but it sounds like the cover is garbage, so maybe just the cargo mat and bumper protector??)

Panoramic Roof

That equates to $42,020 for the base price with options. I was blown away by how much Edgieguy got his for with even MORE options, but most dealers I am finding are no where near this price and are not willing to budge. I guess what I am wondering is if there is any room for negotiation whatsoever on a vehicle that is ordered to your specifications. OR, is your best bet trying to work something out with a dealer that has a similar vehicle on the lot. I am currently in Las Vegas and will be relocating to Cincinnati. I'm willing to drive up to 500 miles to get the vehicle I want IF the price is where we want it!

A new car is new territory for me. I usually don't touch new cars because of decpreciation values, but for as much driving as my wife is giong to be doing with her new job we want a brand new car.

Any insight you guys might have would be great. Thanks a lot!

Brendan

Dealers prefer on the lot but you need to do what is right for you. There's about 3k or so between MSRP and Invoice plus the dealer gets a bit of money on top of that. Factor in financing (if you're going to finance at the dealer) and they make more. There's room to move and a fair price for all to be had. Try emailing their internet departments, they tend (on avg) to offer better pricing from what I've heard. (We are lucky enough to get Z plan so no haggling needed but I have lots of friends in the industry) If you want to wait until you make it to Cinci and can travel north about 3 hrs I have close friends at a dealership in NE Ohio :) Good luck!

Dealers prefer on the lot but you need to do what is right for you. There's about 3k or so between MSRP and Invoice plus the dealer gets a bit of money on top of that. Factor in financing (if you're going to finance at the dealer) and they make more. There's room to move and a fair price for all to be had. Try emailing their internet departments, they tend (on avg) to offer better pricing from what I've heard. (We are lucky enough to get Z plan so no haggling needed but I have lots of friends in the industry) If you want to wait until you make it to Cinci and can travel north about 3 hrs I have close friends at a dealership in NE Ohio :) Good luck!

Thanks for the clarification. That all makes sense. I talked to one dealer who is "the home of the $50 over invoice" and they wouldn't budge on their price, and it was higher than other dealers with similarly equipped Sports. I just didn't get it.

I would wait until I got to Cincinnati, but I worry about the $1500 cash back not being available. That's why we are trying to get this squared away before the New Year. We'll see what happens.

We were also lucky enough to get the Z-plan and i think it only came in around 37,500 + tax of course which in new york is brutual, fully loaded minus the dvd in the headrests. It was a hassle with most dealers even for that price, thou i seemed to do better with the larger dealerships.. it seemed if they had less to lose.

Good Luck

Keep in mind if you can find one on the lot somewhere, the last day of the year is one of the absolute best days to buy for the consumer. MOST dealers will offer a bit more discounts eating into their dealer cash to pump up their incentive moneys which in turn makes them more based on total sales. Just FYI.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

Guess this will be my first post. I just bought a 2011 Edge Sport on tuesday and love it. As far as the price, here in Wichita, Ks we ended up getting 2 dealers fighting over our business, one dealer was offering $4000 UNDER invoice price. They didnt have the red or the sunroof, so we went across town and found ours with the sunroof, the red we wanted. The only option we didnt get was the pushbutton start and navigation. They showed us an invoice of $35,796 (MSRP $39,796)and we left there paying $32,496 and they assured me that they simply could NOT sell it for any less and they had no idea how the other dealer was pulling it off either.

They did however throw in tires for life as long as we get the service done there. (If anyone hasnt priced those Pirelli Scorpions you're in for a shock)

(We had pictures of the deal they were offering since they wouldnt actually let us leave with their paper work lol, gotta love the iphone).

I figured they were going to kill us on the trade in of her 2010 Mazda 6 she absolutely hated since they gave us such an awesome deal on the Edge Sport.......they came back with $18000, which is $2000 over KBB and it has been hailed on about 3 times lol. I guess with the snow and road grime they couldnt see the hail dents. Now after reading a few threads I need to go make sure mine came with the wheel looks lol.

Then again my wife was upside down on her Mazda so we still financed $37,XXX, but hell it was under MSRP and she loves it, I got to drive it all day today and I'm really impressed. I came out of a Mini Cooper S and prior to that a BMW 5 series, I think this is one of the nicest cars I've ever owned!

• 2 weeks later...

We took our Sport from dealer inventory so they worked with us. This was our breakdown:

Edgieguy, on 03 November 2010 - 06:41 PM, said

Ive been offered a 2011 Edge Sport (38070.00)

in White (+495)

with Cargo Acc. Pack(+290)

Vision Pack (+395)

All Weather Mats (+75)

Backlit Door Sill(+295)

Vista Roof (+1595)

Driver entry(+895)

NAV(+795)

destination (+775)

------------------------------------------

FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF $43680.

They're giving me invoice $40678 - 4750 in rebates and cash, ($35928) plus paying my last lease payment left on my 2008 limited ($340)

Take it? or leave it? It sounds fair to me and Id have the Sport by Friday.

So I guess were going to take this.... My Wife spoke to the dealer about options we weren't interested in (back lit door sills, and cargo package), and they agreed to drop to $35343.

Edit:This was a new car with 29 Miles on it and AWD.

Edited by Edgieguy

We used xplan plus got coupon discount $750, returning customer cash $1000, police discount $500, plus incentive $1500, and $1000 for costco. 4750.00 off so yes we did well. But don't judge that off Msrp, no one pays straight Msrp. So I got $250 more than you. My wife did the rest by hemming and hawing about the cargo package and backlit door sills so they wiped those off the bill. The last payment on the 2008 Edge was just to speed up the deal. But hey, it's still worth $340.

Edited by Edgieguy

We used xplan plus got coupon discount $750, returning customer cash $1000, police discount $500, plus incentive $1500, and $1000 for costco. 4750.00 off so yes we did well. But don't judge that off Msrp, no one pays straight Msrp.

How did you get the Costco $1,000 discount? Do you just show them your card and is it automatically given to you? Or is there a coupon or something else you need from Costco?

• 4 months later...

Looks like Ford is doing some $1,000 cash back and another $1,000 finance cash back if you go through Ford Credit. How does this promo compare to your $6k deal? Without incentives how much should I negotiate the price if its $42,830? I was guessing hopefully 4-5k off plus the 2k incentives. Any thoughts?

Looks like Ford is doing some $1,000 cash back and another $1,000 finance cash back if you go through Ford Credit. How does this promo compare to your $6k deal? Without incentives how much should I negotiate the price if its $42,830? I was guessing hopefully 4-5k off plus the 2k incentives. Any thoughts?

that was part of my $6k deal. youre looking for $6-$7k off MSRP? suppose its possible. but not easy.

• 2 weeks later...