Cargo Security Shade  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best cargo cover for the Ford Edge

• Made by Ford for Edge
    • Made by Ford for Escape
    • Aftermarket cargo over that fits Edge
    • Do It Yourself - How?
    • Throw a blanket over everything

The POS you can buy from Ford is just that. There is one pictured for the Escape P/N 4L2Z-7845440-AAB, FOR $118. Looks trim, neat, and pulls back on a "window shade" type roller. Can find NO measurements, but this looks neat.

No dealer has one in stock, and no idea of the dimensions for measurement check. While it is only $118, there's no way to know without buying one - unless you have one.

http://fparts.dealer...9&cPath=831_858

4L2Z-7845440-AAC_lg.jpg

:shades:

Edited by Tiger_Steve

Choff1138,

Thanks for your reply. However the 2011 Edge seats fold forward to make a larger capacity, and do not appear to adjust backwards.

I just measured the Edge room, and it appears to be 48 inches wide, and 28 inches long. Don't know about the EXPLORER 4L2Z-7845440-AAB dimensions, but it may fit anyway. violin.gif

They haven't made this since 2004 (?) , but still available on-line.

4L2Z-7845440-AAC 4L2Z-7845440-AAA 4L2Z-7845440-AAB $118

http://fparts.dealer...?page=1&sort=2a

:banghead:

Edited by Tiger_Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump-

Has anyone been able to try a cover from an Escape or other vehicle? Cargo dimensions to back of second seat are very similar between Edge and Escape. Brackets to hold the rigid Escape bar would be easy to install in the Edge.

I actually have the rigid cargo shade from my 2005 Escape and pulled it out some months ago to look at this when i saw the crappy vinyl they gave me as a cargo shade. The Edge is much wider than the Escape and therefor it did not fit well. Another issue I saw was that the automatic lift gate actuator arm gets in the way of a proper cover. I haven't given up hope yet on coming up with a better alternative.....

I actually have the rigid cargo shade from my 2005 Escape and pulled it out some months ago to look at this when i saw the crappy vinyl they gave me as a cargo shade. The Edge is much wider than the Escape and therefor it did not fit well. Another issue I saw was that the automatic lift gate actuator arm gets in the way of a proper cover. I haven't given up hope yet on coming up with a better alternative.....

After hearing that, I'm happy that I didn't opt for the cargo cover pack. this happy: yup.gif ... not this happy: hyper.gif.... :lol: