2011 Edge sport wheels on MKX?

Dre13Style

Here is my question, i have an 07 lincoln MKX and the 2011 Edge sport wheels really interest me. Would the Edge rims fit on my mkx? would i need anything special to make this work?

Hi Dre. :D Yes, they will fit and no you will not need anything special. They are a direct swap.

EDIT - See the next two posts. When I originally read the question, the difference in stipulated model years did not register with me. Since it seems there may have been a hub/centerbore size change on the 2011 models, I am not sure what the correct answer is. Sorry, my error. Perhaps someone else will jump in with some definitive information.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi Dre. :D Yes, they will fit and no you will not need anything special. They are a direct swap.

Are they? I thought the pre 2010's have a larger hub then the 11's. I know you can do the reverse, but is the hub size on the sport wheels big enough to fit over the 07' hub without drilling it out?

If so, then this means the rims are not hub centric on the 11's. I have them, but never checked. I have my winters on now, so I can measure the Inner Diameter of the rim hub if anyone needs it.

Are they? I thought the pre 2010's have a larger hub then the 11's. I know you can do the reverse, but is the hub size on the sport wheels big enough to fit over the 07' hub without drilling it out?

If so, then this means the rims are not hub centric on the 11's. I have them, but never checked. I have my winters on now, so I can measure the Inner Diameter of the rim hub if anyone needs it.

Hi AXCL. :D Oooops, the difference in mentioned model years did not register with my pea brain when I read the question. Thanks for pointing that out.

Therefore, since I am not 100% sure whether there was or was not a hub/centerbore size change and the possible differences (i.e. larger, smaller etc.), I am going to edit my previous reply to stipulate that the MKX/Edge wheels are interchangeable within model years, but there may be hub/centerbore size differences on disparate model years.

Thanks and good luck. :beerchug:

What about TPMS implications? Would you have to move the sensors when switching wheels/tires?

Hi Ruissimo :D . Yes. If you don't want the TPMS warning light constantly illuminated, you would need to either:

1 - Remove the factory sensors from the factory wheels and install them on the new wheels.

2 - Purchase new sensors, install them on the new wheels and have them programmed to the vehicles TPMS system.

Hope this information helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for all your response. I am happy to say that i finally got it nailed down.

I had to take the rims to a machine shop to have them bored to fit the hub of the MKX. The car was a 70.5 i think and the rims were smaller. So no biggie it cost $250 at the machine shop.

Apparently in 2011 Ford did many upgrades and they were not a direct bolt on. I finally got it down and i have attached a photo. Its a 2007 MKX with 2011 Ford edge sport rims. I just drove it home and i am loving the Tuxedo rims on my black MKX!! I was able to use the same sensors but had to buy larger bands direct from Ford. So far so good. Rides well still and so far there isnt any dummy lights yelling at me. LOL

post-13266-021914000 1295723855_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dre13Style

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rims $1100

Machined out bore of rims to make them fit $250

Tires $1000

New bands for wheels $200

All in all not bad for factory wheels that are 2011 and hard to get

Who's selling those rims for $1100. Thats a fantastic deal.

EDIT: Nevermind I see you bought them from someone who bought aftermarket wheels. You lucked out. I took my 2010 22" wheel in because it was leaking and the shop stated they're 1800 a piece here in Canada.

Edited by bender