Leather Seats

I am looking for advice on keeping my leather seats in the 2011 Edge Limited in good shape. Any products you can recommend for cleaning and conditioning? And should I be looking for specific products for the type of leather used for the 2011 Edge or is it the same for all leather seats?

Thank you in advance!

I am looking for advice on keeping my leather seats in the 2011 Edge Limited in good shape. Any products you can recommend for cleaning and conditioning? And should I be looking for specific products for the type of leather used for the 2011 Edge or is it the same for all leather seats?

Thank you in advance!

The absolute best stuff I've used is Leatherique. Their Pristine Clean and Rejuvenator Oil are an awesome pair of products to have. They are a little pricey, however they are top notch. Zaino Z10 and Lexol also make great leather care products.

Thank you in advance!

Almost any name brand leather cleaner/conditioner should work find - Lexol, Mother's, Meguiars plus all the higher end stuff.

There is a lot of MISINFORMATION about leather care on the internet. I don't want to say the companies are lying per se, but automotive leather is really like vinyl. The reason I say that is b/c it is coated from the factory. It cannot be "fed" or any such crap. In order to protect the coating, it needs to be kept clean. A steamer is your best answer there. You do not want to use harsh chemicals such as Woolite or whatever. If you need to clean the seats, use a ph balanced soap at a very mild dilution rate. With steam, you are not using any chemicals at all. Wrap a white terry towel around the steamer head and have at it. Duragloss makes a very mild cleaner and conditioner that helps extend the life of the coating. I do recommend their products. DG is a company with no hype, just results. I have a ton of their products and they are not too expensive either:

http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=284

http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=283

Optimum is another company with amazing products. Here is their leather cleaner/sealant:

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/proplus.php?li=6

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the advice Richy! btw, I'm going to check out that cQuartz stuff you mentioned elsewhere.

I'd like to add that an ounce of prevention is definitely worth a pound of cure. One of the first things that I always do after purchasing a car with leather interior is to tint the windows. I will tint the front of the Edge's to match the rears this next weekend. (I have an estimate for $45 for the pair.) I've seen way too many seat tops that are absolutely thrashed by the sun while the back surfaces are still perfect.

Another thing I also have is a good fitted windshield shade. This will protect your dash from drying out and eventually cracking. It will also keep the interior temps much lower when sitting in the sun. Of course, if you need privacy in a parking lot, it works wonders and makes your tint work even better by not letting light in :shades: