2011 Base Plate installations

Has anyone had a Blue Ox BX2190 Base plate installed on their 2011 Edge?

My installer could not get the trim and fit on the fascia and hood to be correct after the install. The hood drops 3/16" too low and the front fascia is also dropped. Blue Ox is now redesigning the base plate for the 2011 per the installer. Ford redesinged the front fascia for 2011.

just e-mailed Blue Ox and they indicated the new baseplate is BX2628. This part number will be available for shipment February 18, 2011. Customer Care Representative, Michael Swan sent me an attached file with the new installation instructions. Hopefully this will resolve the problem for 2011 Edge owners.

Hope this info helps others.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

BX2628 still does not provide the correct fit and trim. Do not use it! The dealer tried to installed the BX2628 today. Spent 8 hours on it. The hood alignment was improved but the center grill is still drooped down. I thought that Blue Ox was the premire tow equipment but they do not seem to be doing their research throughly enough.

post-13676-038282100 1297999351_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I started this adventure in early January and here it is now almost April and Blue Ox still does not have a correct fitting base plate for my 2011 EDGE. The dealer cut the most recent version apart and tacked it together to the correct fit and sent it to the Blue Ox factory for evaluation. My biggest disappointment is that the Blue Ox management is so detached from the issue. The customer service person I am dealing with says that my Edge is the only one that is having problems. I don't believe that for a second. I am a breath away from replacing my grill and installing a Roadmaster Baseplate.

I started this adventure in early January and here it is now almost April and Blue Ox still does not have a correct fitting base plate for my 2011 EDGE. The dealer cut the most recent version apart and tacked it together to the correct fit and sent it to the Blue Ox factory for evaluation. My biggest disappointment is that the Blue Ox management is so detached from the issue. The customer service person I am dealing with says that my Edge is the only one that is having problems. I don't believe that for a second. I am a breath away from replacing my grill and installing a Roadmaster Baseplate.

I emailed Blue Ox three days ago regarding this problem and they have not replied up to this point.

I emailed Blue Ox three days ago regarding this problem and they have not replied up to this point.

Yeh They do not keep me informed either. Very poor customer service and a total lack of interest on the part of management. I do hear from my installer that "they are still working on it" but no ETA for the fix.

• 2 weeks later...

The results of the third baseplate ( Still BX2628 as far as I know) is that if you want your 2011 EDGE facsia to fit like it did when you bought it DO NOT buy Blue Ox. The third go around is better but still 3/16 low and an eight in from the front. They told my installer that they had a new Edge in the shop that they test fitted it to. Very unlikely. Their excuse is that every Edge is different. I don't think that Ford made money from hand bulding cars and poor fit and trim. Maybe I am being too picky and expect it to be right when I spend that kind of money on a car and supposedly "the best" tow system. There was a saying that I detested when I was in the service "that's good enough for Government work". Sounds like that is the attitude at Blue Ox.

There is no issue if you install the Roadmaster. Ours was done 2 months ago. It looks good.

I agree 100% I would have changed to Roadmaster if I wouldn't have had to replace the grill/ fascia. BO design doews not leave ANY wiggle room in the fascia. THe Roadmaster comes out the larger bottom grill that allows for the proper placement.

Thanks I'm done for now and BO is off my list .

• 4 months later...

Sorry to ask , but what does this base plate have to do with towing? Is there something I need to watch if I am adding a hitch to my 2011 edge?

It’s not so the Edge can tow but so that the Edge can be towed

behind a motor home.

One of many reasons we use a tow dolly.

ab

It’s not so the Edge can tow but so that the Edge can be towed

behind a motor home.

One of many reasons we use a tow dolly.

ab

ahhh ding ding ding Light bulb just turned on....LOL Thanks , for the life of me I couldn't understand what the front grill had to do with towing. LOL Now I understand...... :doh: