Heated seats don't time out and shut off?

Heated Seats Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should Heated Seats shut off automatically?

• Yes - 15 minutes as per the manual
    • No - I like them to stay on until I turn them off

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this or not. According the owner's manual the heated seats should automatically time out and turn off after 15 minutes. I turned mine on this morning in the driveway and as a test I didn't manually turn them back off, they were still on when I pulled into work 51 minutes later. I know some like heaters that don't turn off (my wife's Honda is a toggle switch that doesn't time out and she likes that), I actually kind of like them shutting down automatically. Especially since we didn't get a physical button for them and potentially have to cycle through the menus to get to the button to shut it off.

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this or not. According the owner's manual the heated seats should automatically time out and turn off after 15 minutes. I turned mine on this morning in the driveway and as a test I didn't manually turn them back off, they were still on when I pulled into work 51 minutes later. I know some like heaters that don't turn off (my wife's Honda is a toggle switch that doesn't time out and she likes that), I actually kind of like them shutting down automatically. Especially since we didn't get a physical button for them and potentially have to cycle through the menus to get to the button to shut it off.

Mine do not shut off after 15 minutes either, like the manual says. I have a 2011 SEL AWD with the leather seats.

So what do we think, report this as a bug, or consider it an undocumented "feature"? I would hate to report this as a bug, and potentially get it changed in a future software upgrade only to discover that 98% of the folks would rather it work the way it is now. For me, my vote would be to change it to match the manual.

Ā 

My previous F-150 had the seats that timed out at 15 minutes and I liked it that way. Plus, frankly, those were easier to turn off manually as there were buttons anyway.

Ā 

Maybe I'll try this Topic Poll button I see...

• 9 months later...