Where's our browser?

Hello fellow Edgies.

I found this article tonight. The article was written on Jan. 20th and describes the MFT/Sync Edge browser as well as showing screen shots. So when are we going to get it? Does anyone have it yet?

http://intelematicstoday.com/2010/01/20/ford-sync-feature-spotlight-wifi-and-mobile-hotspot-in-the-car/

The article is from a year ago. Maybe they changed their mind.

• Like 1

Well, if they changed their mind, it would nice if they told us and stopped teasing about a browser in their advertising.

It was always listed as 'late availability". I'm sure all their resources have been tied up fixing MFT issues first. Would you rather have a web browser or a MFT with fewer bugs?

It was always listed as 'late availability". I'm sure all their resources have been tied up fixing MFT issues first. Would you rather have a web browser or a MFT with fewer bugs?

I could not care less about a browser on the car, if you have a browser on the car, is probably thanks to having a phone with internet, I rather use the phone and not a dog slow keyboard of the Sync. Now I would not mind at all to have Google search as I have on my GPS, really useful.

Ford said last year that the SDK for developers would be available by year's end.

Here's how that site has looked since December. Maybe if people had the tools, they could actually build something (not necessarily a browser, but other cool stuff).

I like the part where the site says "...scheduled maintenance.."

Where have I seen that before???

I could not care less about a browser on the car, if you have a browser on the car, is probably thanks to having a phone with internet, I rather use the phone and not a dog slow keyboard of the Sync. Now I would not mind at all to have Google search as I have on my GPS, really useful.

I don't have a "smart" cell phone and I would really like to read email on vacation without dragging along the laptop. To me, having a browser in the Edge would be great. I don't envision doing anything complicated but it sure would be nice to have this option. Every other feature of MFT works great for me. I haven't had a single problem with anything I have tried. I play Mp3's with my usb player, I have tried the TDI and it's OK. I still prefer my TomTom for long trips however. $90 for a TomTom is a whole lot less than $800! My Sirius works fine but I'll drop it as soon as the trial is over. My dumb phone pairs immediately. The MFT hasn't had a single problem. Ford, PLEASE GIVE ME THE BROWSER!

I don't have a "smart" cell phone and I would really like to read email on vacation without dragging along the laptop. To me, having a browser in the Edge would be great. I don't envision doing anything complicated but it sure would be nice to have this option. Every other feature of MFT works great for me. I haven't had a single problem with anything I have tried. I play Mp3's with my usb player, I have tried the TDI and it's OK. I still prefer my TomTom for long trips however. $90 for a TomTom is a whole lot less than $800! My Sirius works fine but I'll drop it as soon as the trial is over. My dumb phone pairs immediately. The MFT hasn't had a single problem. Ford, PLEASE GIVE ME THE BROWSER!

So will you be driving to a place with wifi to get your emails? It might be cheaper to get the cheapest iPhone which have a keyboard that will let you type you password without making you want to kill yourself.... Have you ever typed anything on that screen? It could take 5 minutes to answer a 3 lines email....

After the latest updates, it works better, but I still think it can be a nightmare to type a web address on a keyboard that limit you to a 1 character per second...

• 4 years later...