SONY CONTROLS IN LTD MODEL

The Sony receiver in the 2011 Edge LTD has a control in the middle for volume, fast forward, etc., and then a horizontal bar that says "Sound" and another that says "Source." I see no reference to these in the owners manuals (maybe I'm just missing it, but I've looked several times).

What are they supposed to do? How do you work them?

I've pressed them, touched them, swiped across them.... nothing seems to happen.

Am I doing something wrong? Or are mine broken?

Has anyone else found a reference to these in the owners manuals?

if touched just right (hard to find the right spot on purpose) it switches your source (radio, cd, usb...) or pulls up your sound options on the screen (to change your treble, bass...). I only seem to get it on accident so can't completely say where to touch.

Glad to hear that these things are hard to get to work reliably. I was starting to think it was crazy and they were just decorative. I'll keep trying with them.

if touched just right (hard to find the right spot on purpose) it switches your source (radio, cd, usb...) or pulls up your sound options on the screen (to change your treble, bass...). I only seem to get it on accident so can't completely say where to touch.

If I remember correctly you have to touch above where you would think to touch. Touching on the word has little effect.

• 2 weeks later...

I rented an Explorer with that Sony head unit and I gotta say I will not be ordering my Edge with that piece of junk. I'll take the non-Sony unit.

The tune buttons on the main wheel either don't work or are too sensitive, depending on where you touch them, and the touch-sensitive buttons on the faceplate are totally hit or miss. Not to mention that touch-buttons require you to divert your eyes from the road to use, whereas real buttons can be felt. This is a gargantuan ergonomic FAIL.

• 2 weeks later...

to the OP - mine work every time - but it's because you need to touch (right above) the white bars/lines. Also, I like the Sony system, actually read it is better than the MKX THX System and the only reason Lincoln is still using the THX system is due to contractual reasons.....

Edited by HotLap