New Member & New Edge owner

Tom D

Hi All,

I just purchased a 2011 Edge Limited on Tuesday. While the salesman was checking me out on the My Touch I said lets try the Navigation. Guess what there was no navigation but it was on the sticker and I paid for it. since there were a couple of minor scratches that needed to be buffed out I agreed to bring the edge back on Friday for the NAV and paint. Then while driving the car that night I tried to turn the lights to high beam, NO HIGH BEAM. The next morning as I was going to work the voice commands stopped working and the radio was dead. I took it back to the Dealer and they are supposed to be fixing it now. The ride is nice but I am losing fath in the vehicle. I hope to get a lot of good information from you all

Tom

Just wanted to give an update, I took the Edge back to the dealer about 18 hours after I drove it off the lot. They worked on it a day and a half and still could not fix it. I had lost my patience and let them know how I felt. They asked me what it would take to make me happy. I ordered another Edge. (the one I want this time. It appears this one came fronm another dealer. I have heard so many good things about the Edge on the forum I had to stick with it.

• 2 weeks later...

First thing I would like to do is to thank everyone on the Edge Forum for your comments on the Nav system. Since the one I inattilly purchased had nav and MyTouch issues from the beginning (off the lot) and the comments in the forum stated there were problems in the early 2011 model year. (i found out the one I purchased was built july 2010) I am soooo glad the dealer took it back and let me order a new one. I drove by the dealer Sunday and the edge is still in the survice departments lot and it appears on mysync that they have tried to do 7 updates since the initial problem. I am so glag I found this forum when I did. Again thank you all. I will be glad when I can post a photo of my new one.

First thing I would like to do is to thank everyone on the Edge Forum for your comments on the Nav system. Since the one I inattilly purchased had nav and MyTouch issues from the beginning (off the lot) and the comments in the forum stated there were problems in the early 2011 model year. (i found out the one I purchased was built july 2010) I am soooo glad the dealer took it back and let me order a new one. I drove by the dealer Sunday and the edge is still in the survice departments lot and it appears on mysync that they have tried to do 7 updates since the initial problem. I am so glag I found this forum when I did. Again thank you all. I will be glad when I can post a photo of my new one.

You were smart to do what you did. Even though you wait to order, if you're gonna own the car for 5 years or more, you really should get exactly what you want. I did and I'm so glad I did!

I guess I need to change to the ordered forum. I got the VIN # and the ETA from the salesman yesterday. He said an ETA of 4/11/11, that's hard to believe since I only ordered in on 3/10/11. I got the window sticker and the under to bar code is 3/21/11 what ever that means.

The model is Limited

Color is Kona Blue

interior Black

Package 301A + BLIS + 20" wheels

Wish me Luck :happy feet:

I guess I need to change to the ordered forum. I got the VIN # and the ETA from the salesman yesterday. He said an ETA of 4/11/11, that's hard to believe since I only ordered in on 3/10/11. I got the window sticker and the under to bar code is 3/21/11 what ever that means.

The model is Limited

Color is Kona Blue

interior Black

Package 301A + BLIS + 20" wheels

Wish me Luck :happy feet:

I ordered mine on 2/22/2011 and it was delivered to dealer on 3/24/2011. I picked it up

on 3/25/3011. Owner is a friend and he put a rush on it. Color was silver with 302 package

I wanted everything including trailer hitch no dvd or 20 inch tires. So you can see it is

possible. Put 200 miles on it on3/26/2011 and loved it. Used MFT and sync quite a lot

and had no real problems.

Hi, Ordered new Edge LTD on 14 Feb 2011 candy red ,Loaded no nav. Have yet to hear from dealer. Sales Girl said she would keep me posted. This is the 2nd new Ford I've ordered. The first one was in 1974, a Ford Van. It took 6 months and then they got the color wrong and several other things . After waiting that long I wasn't about to refuse it. So far it doesn't seem like things have changed much.I suppose because of the earthquake in Japan the color won't be available and because of parts shortages they won't be able to build it until July or August.

I have a 2011 limited AWD and I love it, picked it up Feb 1, I live in Ontario and it got a good work out in the snow, it performs very well and have no complaints so far. Great site and great info. Has anybody downloaded any uodates from Sync My Ford, I was curious if it is comlicated or not.

A quick update, :happy feet: I checked the Sync site and saw that the SYNC was uploaded on my Edge on 3/28/11. It looks like the dealers ETA of 4/11/11 may be accurate. I know there are a lot of variables but you know the only thig constant is change. :hyper:

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a new edge sport black in color ,, the dealership has to pick the veh up in another state. I have owned about 20 new cars in my life, everything from saabs to corvettes and cadillacs and there is always something that needs to be corrected.. I know there are lemons out there but the company usually is trying hard to fix problems... As far as this voice activated stuff ,, my experience is it does not work in any of the vehs I have owned,, about the best was a 2006 Sts and that still had a lot of glitches..

Jerry in Minnesota.

I just bought a new edge sport black in color ,, the dealership has to pick the veh up in another state. I have owned about 20 new cars in my life, everything from saabs to corvettes and cadillacs and there is always something that needs to be corrected.. I know there are lemons out there but the company usually is trying hard to fix problems... As far as this voice activated stuff ,, my experience is it does not work in any of the vehs I have owned,, about the best was a 2006 Sts and that still had a lot of glitches..

Jerry in Minnesota.

I am REAL NEW to this site and no one has replied to my first question. I ordered a 2011 Edge SEL AWD last week and reade a post here or some place that Ford discontinued making the AWD vehicles due to production problems...is this true or a line of BS? Hoping it's BS so we will get our car...can't wait.

Thanks,

Lee