Jean stains on seats

I fully detailed my 2011 Ford Edge Limited yesterday, I tried the leather shampoo & conditioner, didn't really do much, I have jean stains on the sides of my seats, how can I get rid of it?

Wow...maybe a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/magic-eraser.do?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=mr.%2Bclean%2Bmagic%2Beraser&utm_campaign=P&G_Mr.%2BClean_Search_Brand%2BAwareness

Guys are talking about using it on leather here: http://forums.maxima.org/detailing/580801-safe-use-mr-clean-magic-eraser-car.html

Follow up with a leather conditioner...

I had same problem with wife's car. 2010 Buick Lacrosse with light colored interior. I used Meguiars leather cleaner & conditioner on the seats & they came clean without a problem. I use it 2 or 3 times a year to keep her car looking new. My brother works for the company that makes magic eraser & I asked him about use on leather. He said it was NOT a good idea.

Her light colored interior is the reason my new Edge has Charcoal interior

I've been using Lexol products, both leather cleaner and conditioner products. I would be careful in using products that are not intended for leather products. I wash our cars weekly, and part of my ritual, is to go over the front seats using Maguires leather wipes. Helps keeping the seats clean.

Joe

Edited by JOEHIO

Wow...maybe a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? http://www.mrclean.c...and%2BAwareness

Definitely DO NOT use a magic eraser on your leather! The magic eraser can/will also remove the dye from the leather. There are many tips out there for removing denim from leather, however be very careful as you don't want to ruin your leather. I've removed denim safely in the past buy spraying a small amount of hair spray on the spot. I then proceeded to use my normal leather cleaner. Follow up with a leather conditioner as well.

If you have access to a steamer, wrap a white cotton terry towel around the head. Spray the area with a mild APC (Never use Woolite or a Magic Eraser on leather) and then go over it with the steamer. The towel will absorb the stain. Ultima makes a leather conditioner that has great protection to it as does Optimum.

I'll try those.

Not to get off topic but how can I make all the doors unlock when I put the car in park? Only when the drivers door is open the others open too.

I think that's the auto unlock feature found in the vehicle section on the left hand small screen. I have mine disabled.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely DO NOT use a magic eraser on your leather! The magic eraser can/will also remove the dye from the leather. There are many tips out there for removing denim from leather, however be very careful as you don't want to ruin your leather. I've removed denim safely in the past buy spraying a small amount of hair spray on the spot. I then proceeded to use my normal leather cleaner. Follow up with a leather conditioner as well.

I will concur.

DO NOT USE A MAGIC SPONGE!!!

If you understand that a magic sponge works on abrasion to remove surface dirt, you will see that it is a poor choice for leather. Unless you feel like prematurely wearing out your leather, I would advise to stay away. A magic sponge is nothing more that a sanding block with an amazingly high grit count that is soft to the touch.

Having said that, I always start with a terry cloth towel and some distilled water and move up from there. Steam as Richy suggested or even baby wipes, but Magic Sponge Nevar!