Limited Wood Trim?

ishredthecello

on a Limited that's the only way it comes.

I've looked into replacing the parts with the ones from the Sport - as they are black instead - they're about $150.00 ea. (there's only 2)

I'm also thinking about painting them, but haven't decided which route to take yet...

I've looked into replacing the parts with the ones from the Sport - as they are black instead - they're about $150.00 ea. (there's only 2)

I'm also thinking about painting them, but haven't decided which route to take yet...

Vinyl wrapping is the way to go. It will protect the original finish in addition to changing the look. Best of all, it is reversible, unlike paint.

• 1 month later...

Just bought my Edge Ltd yesterday and am also intersted in changing the look to get rid of the wood grain panels. Any recommendations on websites I can research for options?

Thanks!

Just bought my Edge Ltd yesterday and am also intersted in changing the look to get rid of the wood grain panels. Any recommendations on websites I can research for options?

Thanks!

I just replaced the black trim on my Sport model interior with wood trim. I used Carid.com and their wowtrim . Many choices from wood to carbon fiber ,parts fit well and customer service is excelllent. Sorry no pictures

• 3 months later...

I replaced mine with 3M Scotchprint vinyl brushed alinuminum. Looks great and fairly easy to do. Comes in a variety of colors and is easy to remove.

Wow, you guys read my mind. The only thing I don't like about the Limited is the stupid cheap looking wood finish on the dash. If I could have gotten the Sony system in an SEL, I would have gotten that instead. I've been looking for dash kits to cover it up but I'm worried it will look like something I did myself. There are a few places on the internet where I found vinyl dash kits but I can't just buy the 3 sections I need (passenger side and both side of the wheel), I have to buy a full dash kit with stickers to go around the radio, center console, etc... Any suggestions where to buy and the quality? Will it look like it was made in the factory or something I did in my garage?

I would rather replace the dash panels with the ones from the SEL or Sport models (even if it cost $200 or $300). The dealer said I would not be able to replace them. Does anybody know if that's true? If so, where do I order them and is it easy to replace?

Pictures would be nice :)

Edited by poker44666

I will be re-doing mine too. Not loving the woodgrain.

Go here and request a pack of samples. Its free and they are large enough each to wrap something small and try it out.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Graphics/Scotchprint/Prod-Info/Series1080/?WT.mc_id=www.3mgraphics.com/1080

I've been playing around wrapping keys and such. Now, to narrow down my interior choices...

Did I mention it's Free? I've seen people on eBay charging up to $6 for just one sample. This pack comes with about a dozen. happy%20feet.gif

1080%20Samples.jpg

I will post pics when I get a chance. I purchased a 1 x 3' off eBay and cut it myself. Took less than an hour to install as I was being extremely careful. You have to cut it with a blade while it is on the panels. Everyone who has seem it cannot believe it is not OEM and vinyl. This stuff is awesome.

YouTube 3M Scotchprint. This stuff can be used on the exterior or interior.

I just replaced the black trim on my Sport model interior with wood trim. I used Carid.com and their wowtrim . Many choices from wood to carbon fiber ,parts fit well and customer service is excelllent. Sorry no pictures

Did you have to buy the entire 20+ piece trim kit? I would like to cover only the wood on the dash and around the instrument cluster. I only see large sets on this site. Thanks.

I purchased a 1 x 3' sheet and cut out the three wood sections myself. You have to cut out a section a bit bigger than the area, apply it and then carefully cut it out with a blade. You can get away with a 1 x 2' but I purchased extra just in case I messed it up. I have not found anyone selling just the 3 piece kit.

See pics. Hard to make out detail but it is a brushed aluminum finish look.

post-13930-0-72734900-1314456886_thumb.jpg

post-13930-0-70470300-1314456900_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I purchased a 1 x 3' sheet and cut out the three wood sections myself. You have to cut out a section a bit bigger than the area, apply it and then carefully cut it out with a blade. You can get away with a 1 x 2' but I purchased extra just in case I messed it up. I have not found anyone selling just the 3 piece kit.

That looks great!

Thanks for the pictures. You did a GREAT JOB!! It really looks professional !!!

I'm not sure I could do such a good job - especially if I have to cut the pieces out myself. Maybe I can pay someone locally to do it for me. If I could get my hands on a pre-cut set, I might give it a try myself. Do you know if the glue will damage the plastic wood finish underneath in case I don't like it or when I sell the car?

Thanks for the pictures. You did a GREAT JOB!! It really looks professional !!!

I'm not sure I could do such a good job - especially if I have to cut the pieces out myself. Maybe I can pay someone locally to do it for me. If I could get my hands on a pre-cut set, I might give it a try myself. Do you know if the glue will damage the plastic wood finish underneath in case I don't like it or when I sell the car?

Comes off fairly easily with no residue. I removed one of the two smaller areas by the steering wheel and redid it as I was not happy with it initially. This stuff is more often used on the exterior. Places that do exterior car wrapping or even some performace mod shops may be able to do it for you.

• Like 1

Comes off fairly easily with no residue. I removed one of the two smaller areas by the steering wheel and redid it as I was not happy with it initially. This stuff is more often used on the exterior. Places that do exterior car wrapping or even some performace mod shops may be able to do it for you.

John 747 whaere did you buy this product from? was it WRI supply located in Mississauga? If not I can't find a place that sell it, can you tell me where you got it from it looks amazing :)

John 747 whaere did you buy this product from? was it WRI supply located in Mississauga? If not I can't find a place that sell it, can you tell me where you got it from it looks amazing :)

Picked it up on ebay. Not sure if local guys carry all colours or textures. You can get away with a 1` x 2`` piece.

My link

Edited by john747

• 1 month later...

I have an SEL and want to replace mine with the Limited Wood Trim.........To each their own I guess!!! Maybe we could exchange!

Wow, you guys read my mind. The only thing I don't like about the Limited is the stupid cheap looking wood finish on the dash. If I could have gotten the Sony system in an SEL, I would have gotten that instead. I've been looking for dash kits to cover it up but I'm worried it will look like something I did myself. There are a few places on the internet where I found vinyl dash kits but I can't just buy the 3 sections I need (passenger side and both side of the wheel), I have to buy a full dash kit with stickers to go around the radio, center console, etc... Any suggestions where to buy and the quality? Will it look like it was made in the factory or something I did in my garage?

I would rather replace the dash panels with the ones from the SEL or Sport models (even if it cost $200 or $300). The dealer said I would not be able to replace them. Does anybody know if that's true? If so, where do I order them and is it easy to replace?

Pictures would be nice :)

I would love to exchange with you. I have an SEL, but like the woodgrain on the Limited. Yes, they can be changed out easily