The lane change feature will give you three turn signal blinks if you press the turn signal lever half way in either direction. Neat feature but........

My rule of thumb was three blinks before I started the lane change and a couple of blinks during the lane change. Is there any way I can change the 3 blink setting to 4 or 5 blinks?

2011 Edge Limited FWD

You can turn it on all the way and just manually turn it off when you are over, but I don't think the setting can be adjusted.

I end up doing this on slow lane changes or congested changes. I think the 3 blink thing is only good enough when the lane is already cleared and you are doing it for formalities.

The lane change feature will give you three turn signal blinks if you press the turn signal lever half way in either direction. Neat feature but........

My rule of thumb was three blinks before I started the lane change and a couple of blinks during the lane change. Is there any way I can change the 3 blink setting to 4 or 5 blinks?

2011 Edge Limited FWD

Hi SERREloyAZ :D . The number of courtesy blinks can not be programmed for more or less.

However, while I don't know if this will help, it is only a thought: What happens when you press the turn signal lever halfway and hold it there (like the good-old days)? In other words, will the appropriate directional keep blinking as long as you hold the lever half-way, then either stop (again, just like the good-old days) when released or give three more courtesy blinks?

As I said, I don't know if it does or not, but if it does the problem is solved. If not, as choff and cal stated the last resort would be to flip it all the way up/down, and then turn it off once you've completed your lane change

Let us know the outcome.

EDIT - Just checked the 2011 Owners Manual, and it does work when held halfway as I thought, without the three blinks after release (copied and pasted from the Manual):

TURN SIGNAL CONTROL

The turn signal lever does not mechanically lock in the upward or downward position when activated. The turn signal control activation and cancellation is electronic.

• To operate the left turn signal, push the lever down until it stops and release.

• To operate the right turn signal, push the lever up until it stops and release.

• To manually cancel turn signal operation, push the lever again in either direction.

Lane change

To indicate a left or right lane change:

• Push the lever up/down to the first stop position and release. The turn signals will flash three times and stop.

• Push the lever up/down to the first stop position and hold. The turn signals will flash for as long as the lever is held in this position.

Perhaps you were already aware of this information, but I figured I would play it safe and mention it, just in case.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi SERREloyAZ :D . I don't know if this will help, it is only a thought: What happens when you press the turn signal lever halfway and hold it there (like the good-old days)? In other words, will the appropriate directional keep blinking as long as you hold the lever half-way, then give three more courtesy blinks once you release it? Alternately, even if it will not give three more courtesy blinks when released, can you just hold it halfway and have it blink until you release it (again, just like the good-old days)?

As I said, I don't know if it does or not, but if it does the problem is solved. If not, as choff and cal stated the last resort would be to flip it all the way up/down, and then turn it off once you've completed your lane change

Let us know the outcome.

Good luck. :beerchug:

That works. If you hold it longer than 3 blinks it will blink as long as you hold it. If you release it before that, it will blink the 3 times.

Its annoying to hold it there while changing lanes though. I just move it to the second spot, finish the lane change and tap it to turn it off (any direction).

That works. If you hold it longer than 3 blinks it will blink as long as you hold it. If you release it before that, it will blink the 3 times.

Its annoying to hold it there while changing lanes though. I just move it to the second spot, finish the lane change and tap it to turn it off (any direction).

There are so many things about this car that make it fun to drive your other vehicle... Got in our truck the other day and went to change lanes and tapped the lever to signal and was pretty pissed when it only blinked once. Forgot to hold it down or turn it all the way on.