Music

dcac410

Hi everyone!

Really excited to get back to the States and pick up my Edge Limited AWD. I want to prepare by getting a 32gb thumb drive to use for music. Does anyone use a thumb drive versus other options and give me some pointers?

How does the naming convention work in order for it to work best with my ford touch?

Thanks

Hi everyone!

Really excited to get back to the States and pick up my Edge Limited AWD. I want to prepare by getting a 32gb thumb drive to use for music. Does anyone use a thumb drive versus other options and give me some pointers?

How does the naming convention work in order for it to work best with my ford touch?

Thanks

I have a 16 GB thumb drive in mine, The filename itself isn't as important, as the Tag on on mp3 files themselves. I used mp3tag to edit the tag information and add cover art etc to all my MP3's.

So when playing music, it shows me the album art, and name, artist etc..

M.

I know some formats are smaller than others allowing you to hold a lot more music on a USB, what format is everyone using? Mp3?

Mp3 is the best way to go. For those that have premium sound, you will want to make sure to encode in a high bit rate or you will hear the difference. Not sure about the standard system's frequency response, so I can't comment there.

I encode all of my mp3s (since 2003 or so?) in 192KHz (or lossless for some archives) Stereo 24-bit... can get a bit large, but nothing my 16GB flash won't handle.