Cleaning Tar of 2011 White Platinum

I recently came back from a long haul trip and noticed a fair amount of tar around the front wheels. I thought a good o' wash would fix it. Nope. Went to Canadian Tire and purchased Automotive Goo-Gone. Followed the instructions, but it did not remove the large amounts on the inside wheel arch.

Any other suggestions? Euchalyptus Oil??

I recently came back from a long haul trip and noticed a fair amount of tar around the front wheels. I thought a good o' wash would fix it. Nope. Went to Canadian Tire and purchased Automotive Goo-Gone. Followed the instructions, but it did not remove the large amounts on the inside wheel arch.

Any other suggestions? Euchalyptus Oil??

Have a look at this product

http://www.tarminator.com/video3.htm

http://tarminator.com/

When I've gotten tar on the car, I've taken a paper towel, put some gasoline on it, and it tookm it right off. Then put some wax over the area. I've done this for years and years and years, and have never screwed up the paint. A friend had "gobs" of tree sap on his Lexus, he bought many products, and they did not take it off. I told him tom try the old gasoline trick, and it worked !

Edited by JOEHIO

When I've gotten tar on the car, I've taken a paper towel, put some gasoline on it, and it tookm it right off. Then put some wax over the area. I've done this for years and years and years, and have never screwed up the paint. A friend had "gobs" of tree sap on his Lexus, he bought many products, and they did not take it off. I told him tom try the old gasoline trick, and it worked !

Gasoline is a solvent too. Just make damned sure it gets washed well after. But it will work. Tarminator is probably safer on paint.