2010 vibration while on the gas?????

fishx65

This is a 2010 3.5 SEL with 10,000 miles. I'm getting a slight vibration while driving at highway speeds only when I'm on the pedal. As soon as I take my foot of the pedal and coast the vibration goes away which pretty much rules out any wheel or tire balance issues. The vibration is slight but noticeable. I can feel it through the wheel and seat. I have not taken her to the dealership yet but wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem with vibration. I was thinking it has to be engine, trans or driveshaft vibration. Being a new Edge owner, I'm not yet sure if this is a common problem.

This is a 2010 3.5 SEL with 10,000 miles. I'm getting a slight vibration while driving at highway speeds only when I'm on the pedal. As soon as I take my foot of the pedal and coast the vibration goes away which pretty much rules out any wheel or tire balance issues. The vibration is slight but noticeable. I can feel it through the wheel and seat. I have not taken her to the dealership yet but wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem with vibration. I was thinking it has to be engine, trans or driveshaft vibration. Being a new Edge owner, I'm not yet sure if this is a common problem.

Not common but it happens to all vehicles. My guess would be driveshaft.

I would guess a motor or trans mount. Sounds like it is down to metal to metal. While the engine is in pull and torqued over compressing the bad mount, metal touching metal, no rubber isolation. Letting off the gas engine centers back up on the other mounts and quits touching metal. Escapes are starting to do this, but with more mileage. ?? Has the vehicle been hit or wrecked or dropped in gear at high revs a lot?

No, never wrecked. This vibration is very slight and most people would not even notice it but I've been into cars for a long time and kinda know when something does not feel right. I'm almost wondering if this is just normal engine vibration on the Edge. I checked for TSB's and nothing came up. It's something I can live with but I'll always know it's there.

Pull your MAF sensor (mass air flow). Which is screwed to the intake tube just after the filter box, which is secured with 2 T-20 screws which have a center post to prevent tampering. They sell a specific MAF sensor cleaner made by CRC I believe. Spray it good and let it dry for a few minutes before re-installing. I actually do this every oil change which is overkill but maintains optimal fuel efficiency. It sounds like something to do with fuel delivery but with such an odd issue trying everything you can may solve the issue. BTW, a dirty maf sensor will cause poor mpg and driveability issues which include rough idle. Good luck brother !