In Channel Vent Visors

Has anyone on here installed the in channel vent visors? if so do the work well? do they allow the auto up feature of the window to function or do they get in the way? if you did install which brand would you recomend? I have done some research and most reviews are good for the in channel systems however there are also the bad and very few about how they fit on the edge. they look slick installed and all my other cars have had stick on ones. Just dont want to waste $60 on something that wont work

Thanks in advance,

Ford convert in NY

Has anyone on here installed the in channel vent visors? if so do the work well? do they allow the auto up feature of the window to function or do they get in the way? if you did install which brand would you recomend? I have done some research and most reviews are good for the in channel systems however there are also the bad and very few about how they fit on the edge. they look slick installed and all my other cars have had stick on ones. Just dont want to waste $60 on something that wont work

Thanks in advance,

Ford convert in NY

Been using a set of Weathertech in channel vent visors for 2 years now on my edge--- they work well. I also have used them on my wife's SanteFe, and my old Toyota Sienna--- they are the only way to go!

I bought a set of in-channel visors, but I couldn't get them to work. The one-touch window would keep sensing the extra thickness of the visor and go back down. Is there a trick to installing them - or a specific brand that out preforms another?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a set on my jeep wrangler and they worked great so I ordered a set of Weathertech in-channel for my new 2011 Sport. I'll upload some pictures once they are installed.

i also had 2 sets on my JK Wranglers with no install problems. Let me know how the Edge install compares.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Thanks in advance,

Ford convert in NY

Did you ever figure this out? I just bought AVS visors and my windows wont roll up unless I pull the visor back. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Did you ever figure this out? I just bought AVS visors and my windows wont roll up unless I pull the visor back. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Had same issue with the AVS ones on my Mkx (uses exact same AVS model as the Edge). Even though these are suppose to be in cannel, apparently the front slit portion is suppost to stay outside like the non in channel version. When I called AVS support, they told me if that portion is slid in the channel behind the mirror trim, window will not close. With it not being slid in there, the visors just looked bad.

As mtbasler said, get the Weathertech in channel visors instead. They fit and look much better.

• Like 1

Had same issue with the AVS ones on my Mkx (uses exact same AVS model as the Edge). Even though these are suppose to be in cannel, apparently the front slit portion is suppost to stay outside like the non in channel version. When I called AVS support, they told me if that portion is slid in the channel behind the mirror trim, window will not close. With it not being slid in there, the visors just looked bad.

As mtbasler said, get the Weathertech in channel visors instead. They fit and look much better.

Thanks man! I pushed in the weather stripping on the outside and put the ends in there and it seemed to work. Your right, it looks like crap. haha. Ill give these a go for a bit and may switch to the Weathertech. I hate wasting $60. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...