Phonebook Contact Pictures

How do you get your contact pictures from your phone in to the My touch phone book? Is this phone specific? If it is, where can I get a chart of the phones that work, have this ability? I have a Droid X. I tried using a USB as well, which would be painstaking and I would never want to do it that way anyhow, but even that didn't work. I can't seem to find any option either for loading a picture for the contact, only "delete picture", but there is not even a picture loaded.

Please help!

How do you get your contact pictures from your phone in to the My touch phone book? Is this phone specific? If it is, where can I get a chart of the phones that work, have this ability? I have a Droid X. I tried using a USB as well, which would be painstaking and I would never want to do it that way anyhow, but even that didn't work. I can't seem to find any option either for loading a picture for the contact, only "delete picture", but there is not even a picture loaded.

Please help!

Good Luck!

There are only a few phones that will support the contact photos. I tested a Windows 7 Samsung device that supported contact photos. I've also heard that some BlackBerries support it.

As far as a list of supported devices...Ford published one a few years ago but nothing (that I know of) since. It's way out of date.

• Like 1

Good Luck!

There are only a few phones that will support the contact photos. I tested a Windows 7 Samsung device that supported contact photos. I've also heard that some BlackBerries support it.

As far as a list of supported devices...Ford published one a few years ago but nothing (that I know of) since. It's way out of date.

Thanks!

Ah, man. ... lol

Well, if any one has a link to that old list, it would be pretty sweet.

Thank you,

- Novak

Edited by NickNovak26

• 2 months later...

Seems as of now (in my testing) the following phones work;

- Blackberry 9000, 9700, 9780 (and probably other Blackberries)

- All windows phone 7 devices (hence the microsoft connection)

- Possibly windows mobile 6 devices (as mentioned above - but I have not tested myself)

- Recent android HTC devices (my HTC evo 3D works as did my HTC sensation - maybe it's HTCs implementation ??)

iPhone 3 and 4 do not work, and other android models do not seem to work either

Hopefully future update will address this

Edited by hanzsolo

"we" aren't making any progress. I never denied that the iPhone was not using MAP.

Don't forget that Touch has a part in this also.

They need to WORK together

Of course they do. But if one side implements the profiles and the other doesn't, then it's the fault of the one who hasn't implemented it. We know Sync has it because it works with some phones.

You really need to stop the blame game. We've acknowledged where Ford has made mistakes. But you keep putting blame where it doesn't belong and you keep making broad statements that aren't really true.

Give it a rest.

• Like 1

Of course they do. But if one side implements the profiles and the other doesn't, then it's the fault of the one who hasn't implemented it. We know Sync has it because it works with some phones.

You really need to stop the blame game. We've acknowledged where Ford has made mistakes. But you keep putting blame where it doesn't belong and you keep making broad statements that aren't really true.

Give it a rest.

Back off Kirby and don't tell me what to do.

I feel like you are attacking me personally.

• Like 1

Back off Kirby and don't tell me what to do.

I feel like you are attacking me personally.

No, you're going to back off or you can take a little vacation.

1. Do not blame Ford/Sync because the cell phone mfr chose not to implement the correct bluetooth profiles

2. Do not argue with other people about what they are or are not experiencing on their own vehicles

3. Do not make blanket statements without facts

LAST warning.

• Like 1

No, you're going to back off or you can take a little vacation.

1. Do not blame Ford/Sync because the cell phone mfr chose not to implement the correct bluetooth profiles

2. Do not argue with other people about what they are or are not experiencing on their own vehicles

3. Do not make blanket statements without facts

LAST warning.

Take your own advice Moderator.

• Like 2

I'm new to this forum and am amazed at the abuse the moderator hands out to the members.

Wow

It isn't always one sided. - Kirby isn't perfect - but all he was asking was for Wilson to be realistic in his review and not make all encompassing statements. Wilson has a crappy system and I am sure it is frustrating, but not all cars have crappy systems.

Wilson and Kirby have been fighting for a year, and frankly - both sides of it gets old to read on every thread to me.

It isn't always one sided. - Kirby isn't perfect - but all he was asking was for Wilson to be realistic in his review and not make all encompassing statements. Wilson has a crappy system and I am sure it is frustrating, but not all cars have crappy systems.

Wilson and Kirby have been fighting for a year, and frankly - both sides of it gets old to read on every thread to me.

Bob.Mallards IS Wilson. He just opened another account to start more trouble.

I will attempt to be more tolerant but if he keeps disrupting the forum then I have to do my job.

• Like 1

Bob.Mallards IS Wilson. He just opened another account to start more trouble.

I will attempt to be more tolerant but if he keeps disrupting the forum then I have to do my job.

Bob is not me. However he IS a friend of mine that got caught up in this while visiting me.

I appreciate the fact that you will be more tolerant but I'm not sure what you consider "disrupting". I've been abiding by the terms that I read when I signed up.

Edited by wilsons66604
  • Like 1

I appreciate the fact that you will be more tolerant but I'm not sure what you consider "disrupting". I've been abiding by the terms that I read when I signed up.

I asked you to "give it a rest" because this was a subject that you've beaten to death over the last year and I didn't want to go down that road again.

When the moderator asks you to "give it a rest" you don't respond by saying "don't tell me what to do." That's my job whether you agree with it or not.

In turn I'll try to avoid provoking arguments.

Well, back to our regularly scheduled program... or thread, as it may be. I have a HTC Thunderbolt and sometimes the pics show up on my SYNC screen, sometimes they don't. Without starting WW III, is that a phone issue or a SYNC issue? Also, I am still experiencing problems with the volume on in-car calls. The radio will be at normal volume, the cell phone will have the voice volume cranked up all the way but when I make or receive a call I have to adjust the car volume up to max and it is still very difficult to hear the caller. Anyone else having that problem or is it my old ears?

Thanks in advance.

Katherine

• Like 1

Well, back to our regularly scheduled program... or thread, as it may be. I have a HTC Thunderbolt and sometimes the pics show up on my SYNC screen, sometimes they don't. Without starting WW III, is that a phone issue or a SYNC issue? Also, I am still experiencing problems with the volume on in-car calls. The radio will be at normal volume, the cell phone will have the voice volume cranked up all the way but when I make or receive a call I have to adjust the car volume up to max and it is still very difficult to hear the caller. Anyone else having that problem or is it my old ears?

Thanks in advance.

Katherine

One nice feature is that your radio and phone volume aren't tied - so you can have one blasting and not the other. I find that I turn the volume up when I switch to my phone, but I wouldn't say it is maxed.

Showing the pictures sometimes, sounds like a sync issue not the phone - but it is all more the bluetooth connection then anything else. What version of sync are you on again? version 2.11 is out and some people are reporting it is more stable then previous versions. It still is not the complete rewrite, but might help you out if you want to try it.

Hope this helps.

One nice feature is that your radio and phone volume aren't tied - so you can have one blasting and not the other. I find that I turn the volume up when I switch to my phone, but I wouldn't say it is maxed.

Showing the pictures sometimes, sounds like a sync issue not the phone - but it is all more the bluetooth connection then anything else. What version of sync are you on again? version 2.11 is out and some people are reporting it is more stable then previous versions. It still is not the complete rewrite, but might help you out if you want to try it.

Hope this helps.

Ahhh, and here in lies one of my problems.... my dealer is blowing more smoke than a disel burning beater truck as they told me the volume on my cell phone had to be set to max when it is connected to the car. Gee, to think I almost believed that one of many fairy tales they have given me. According to my dealer I have the latest and greatest version as it was updated approximately two weeks ago but some of my sync problems persist. With the newest version is there still a timely delay with the touch screen? Also, it is all in how I hold my tongue if the system will read the USB drive or not.

On the plus side, since the upgrade I have noticed that my phone connects right away and actually stays connected a little better than it had in the past.

Thanks for the info!!

Katherine

Edited by katandcharlie

Ahhh, and here in lies one of my problems.... my dealer is blowing more smoke than a disel burning beater truck as they told me the volume on my cell phone had to be set to max when it is connected to the car. Gee, to think I almost believed that one of many fairy tales they have given me. According to my dealer I have the latest and greatest version as it was updated approximately two weeks ago but some of my sync problems persist. With the newest version is there still a timely delay with the touch screen? Also, it is all in how I hold my tongue if the system will read the USB drive or not.

On the plus side, since the upgrade I have noticed that my phone connects right away and actually stays connected a little better than it had in the past.

Thanks for the info!!

Katherine

I have never changed the volume on my actual phone when in the car - I do all my changes on the car. The amazing thing with the issues with this system is the extremely wide differences between everyone's issues. Personally, I have no idea what the newest update is like or how it is functioning. I have been extremely lucky in the quality of my system. I have had a couple of reboots, my screen will turn back on if the doors are opened in the wrong order after turning the car off (locking it turns the screen off) and every now and then, I can't seem to get music to play from my iphone via bluetooth. Nothing major - so I still haven't done any upgrades. I am on version 1.8 and have been since I got the car last September. It does seem to be very dependent on the quality of your dealership, so if you have options close by, I would talk to all of them and see who you think is the most honest and knowledgeable about computer upgrades.

Good luck.