Forde Edge Year Model, Bliss, Automated Parking

I have ordered a new Ford Edge which is supposed to be provided to me during Sep 2011, it is SLE model, 4X4.

I Love technological features and gadgets and this one of the reasons why I choose this car.

Also my brother have 1 for 2 years and he is very satisfied.

my questions:

1) Does it make sense to wait few months and to order from the 2012 model ? will it have more features ?

2) I have noticed that Ford offer the Explorer with: Bliss system (radar for the dead zoned surround the car) and an automated parking system. I had like to have these features, Can I have them with Ford Edge ? Are they going to provide these features for Ford Edge anytime soon ?

Thank you,

Jack

The auto assist parking is an option that is available on the Limited Edition. The BLIS system you are talking about is called the Vision Package, it is available as an option on the SEL and above packages. I am not to sure but you are getting a bit late to order a 2011 now.

Mark T]Chicago

The auto assist parking is an option that is available on the Limited Edition. The BLIS system you are talking about is called the Vision Package, it is available as an option on the SEL and above packages. I am not to sure but you are getting a bit late to order a 2011 now.

Mark T]Chicago

The auto assist parking is not available on any of the 2011 edge's because of the above mentioned steering. There is a back up cam with guide lines and sensors, but it doesn't actually park for you.

The auto assist parking is not available on any of the 2011 edge's because of the above mentioned steering. There is a back up cam with guide lines and sensors, but it doesn't actually park for you.

What is the chance that I will be able to order this features if i wait for the 2010 Edge model ?

Thank you

You don't have to wait for a 2010 model. :)

This won't be available on the 2012 models either - that's a major change.

Yup.

And seeing how they already put development time into reducing the internal friction on the unit, I don't forsee them chucking it in order to put in electric power steering anytime soon.

Additionally the Edge has some BIG wheels to turn. Most EPAS systems are currently kept on the smaller vehicles or ultra high end vehicles (Lexus LX).

Yup.

And seeing how they already put development time into reducing the internal friction on the unit, I don't forsee them chucking it in order to put in electric power steering anytime soon.

Additionally the Edge has some BIG wheels to turn. Most EPAS systems are currently kept on the smaller vehicles or ultra high end vehicles (Lexus LX).

The Flex, MKT, MKS and Taurus are not small vehicles.

The Flex, MKT, MKS and Taurus are not small vehicles.

True... hence the "most" and not "all"

I understand that movement is going towards introducing EPAS to larger-wheeled vehicles (I feel Ford is pioneering here). But since it's inception in the 90s, EPAS systems were mostly kept to smaller cars due to the larger steering torque required for vehicles with larger tires. (Larger motors and magnets required)