Cabin Air Vent?

PJFW8

When the climate control on my '11 Edge is on the pressure in the cabin builds quickly. It is irritating and sometimes hurts my ears and causes a minor drum like rumble. Cracking a window stops the problem but is noisy. Does the cabin vent? Where? Would it be feasible to open or make a vent? My '08 Edge did not have this problem.

Edited by PJFW8

I notice this when my daughter opens her back window and a second window isn't opened, but haven't noticed it when all windows are closed. It is amazing how painful it can get though.

Choff:

Your issue is wind "buffeting" due to quick pressure changes back and forth due to flow variation. Not many vehicles deal with this very well.

OP:

Most vents for cars are located in the trunk area. If they are closed, or blocked, pressure can build. I crack the BAMR if I get uncomfortable (not often). Look at the vents in the trunk compartment and see if you can make them flow better. Usually, they have a flap to block things from entering the cabin (spiders come to mind).

Choff:

Your issue is wind "buffeting" due to quick pressure changes back and forth due to flow variation. Not many vehicles deal with this very well.

OP:

Most vents for cars are located in the trunk area. If they are closed, or blocked, pressure can build. I crack the BAMR if I get uncomfortable (not often). Look at the vents in the trunk compartment and see if you can make them flow better. Usually, they have a flap to block things from entering the cabin (spiders come to mind).

Thanks! I'll look!