Am I missing something ???

tneison

. The voice activated system isn't perfect. I admit I once tried to tell it to f*** off, it responded it did not understand:)

LMFAO at that! I'm glad I'm not the only one to do that! Seriously though, my MKX has been amazing for the most part. I posted here before that sometimes it doesn't recognize my iphone but if I hit the voice command to make a call, it finds it then. It's been able to do that a few times. So don't panick if it doesn't recognize your phone right away.

LMFAO at that! I'm glad I'm not the only one to do that! Seriously though, my MKX has been amazing for the most part. I posted here before that sometimes it doesn't recognize my iphone but if I hit the voice command to make a call, it finds it then. It's been able to do that a few times. So don't panick if it doesn't recognize your phone right away.

That's funny. When I cuss at it, it just cancels my request. Maybe it actually understands me and is rebelling :punched:

That's funny. When I cuss at it, it just cancels my request. Maybe it actually understands me and is rebelling :punched:

They're damned lucky I'm not a Ford engineer. I'd program it so that if you told it to f(ck off, it would respond with a New Jersey Italian accent (like on the Sopranos) with "No, YOU f*ck off". Can you imagine the look on the driver's face????

So... I was about to pull the trigger on an 11 Edge Limited with the 302A package. I can get one at $2,500 below invoice with the zag/usaa pricing so no argument on the price.

I then found this forum, which is great, however I became paranoid about the MyFord Touch issues ( I have probably read TOO much). I noticed most of the real bad issues go back 6+ months ago, and I know the most recent patch seems to have made it more stable, but there is still a lot of emotion over MFT. I'd be pissed if I had to go to the dealer 4+ times as well - and even if it ended up fixed I'd have that bitter taste in my mouth. In this case, it's hard just joining a forum and filtering out how much is lingering resentment vs. CURRENT issues if you buy one now.

I'm an IT guy, so I am probably a little more I'll say patient regarding of the importance of software updates, bug fixes, etc. and I'm also willing to deal with a few minor hiccups here or there as long as I know it will be resolved. One of my concerns was the delay or touch/feedback issues people were reporting when using the touchscreen. So I went to the dealer today and wanted to test it out more thoroughly. I was able to sync my iPhone 4 and stream Pandora (important) in about 30 seconds. I keyed in addresses in the NAV system and found it to have a similar response I have had on any other auto's NAV system, and it was actually far quicker than the p.o.s. one in a Passat one we had a year or two ago. The touchscreen at first was different than say an iPad, but if you use deliberate pushes on the screen that seemed ok too. I Played around with the voice commands, etc. and everything worked fine. I understand that this wasn't a thorough test, and obviously something can always break, but what else do I really need to check out before pulling the trigger? I obviously can't test drive one for two weeks.

Having read this forum at length for the past 2 days, I have no reservation about the other aspects of the Edge, you can tell people love it for the most part.

We purchased a 2011 MKX that has the Gen 2 V 2.8 software and continue to have problems. Biggest issue has been with the phone pairing. Motorola V3m and Motorola V9m. Phone pairs fine but disconnects when trying to make calls. Also have had problems with IPod touch connected disconnects the Nav voice commands. Sync reboots every couple of days. I really like the car other than Sync. If you are the type of person who gets frustrated and upset when things don't work as they are supposed too this might not be the car for you. Dealer has done all the updates and we continue to have problems. My biggest disappointment is that Ford isn't giving any feedback or support. I purchased the MKX to buy American and because Ford didn't take the bailout money and am really disappointed that they don't appreciate the loyalty that has been extended to them.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm like carrie above. Have had my edge since early last october and love it. I currently have 15600 miles on it. (I drive a lot for work) I have not updated anything in it, matter of fact, haven't done anything, not even an oil change yet. System says I still have 20% oil life left.

:rip:

I love my MKX! Just a few things I'd like to mention based on comments other people have made:

- navigation system not showing streets and position correctly. mine sometimes does this. it looks like i am not driving on the road from the map. it happens for me usually when the GPS connection has been lost (like when I come out of underground parking or am under a bridge). it corrects itself after a couple of minutes....you can actually seen an X on the GPS when this is happening. it takes a while to pick up the satellites but is much better than the GPS i used before.

- phone discconnects. mine used to do this until i discovered it was the phone. there was some setting in the phone (sorry don't remember exactly what it was called) under the bluetooth settings that required you to confirm the connection. my phone would then disconnect from sync after a few minutes because i did not confirm the setting.

- i am surprised at how well the voice recognition works. although i will admit sometimes i get frustrated because it doesn't do what i want :)