Right Off The Show Room Floor!!

Hey all.

SO... we went to test drive an Edge, thinking we would wait and order a 2008. After all was said and done, we just took the one off the showroom floor cuz of the deal they offered.

Dune colored, two tone interior w/ 2 tone matching leather, special made in town. SEL with audiophile system. We LOVE this vehicle.

OH, and it's my b-day today, so the wife said Happy B-day, here's a car.

post-1025-1183852004_thumb.jpg

Hey all.

SO... we went to test drive an Edge, thinking we would wait and order a 2008. After all was said and done, we just took the one off the showroom floor cuz of the deal they offered.

Dune colored, two tone interior w/ 2 tone matching leather, special made in town. SEL with audiophile system. We LOVE this vehicle.

When you get the chance, we'd love to see pictures of the interior...the two tone leather sounds cool.

Enjoy your new Edge!

Hey all.

Happy Birthday and congrats on the nice ride! :rockon:

Nice. Has the two-tone interior been available all year long?

The two tone was a custom job, from what I recall of the OP's original post. I'd love to learn some more about where the materials came from and price paid, though.

An awesome looking interior!

The two tone was a custom job, from what I recall of the OP's original post. I'd love to learn some more about where the materials came from and price paid, though.

An awesome looking interior!

The interior was done by a local shop. Katz-something-or-other. It is all leather seats, and comfy! And that smell. The new car smell mixed with new leather. Driving home last night was like a dream. Sorry, I digress.

The shop also added heated seats. The switch is on the seat itself down by the tilt controls. Originally, all this added $1999.99 to the price. However, this being summer and the dealer wanting to move units... it didn't cost us anything. Well, cost us anything extra.

I will take pics of the back seat too, cuz they are just as nice as the front, when I take the car seats out.

For now, I think I will take the family out to breakfast... and go for a lil drive!

The interior was done by a local shop. Katz-something-or-other. It is all leather seats, and comfy! And that smell. The new car smell mixed with new leather. Driving home last night was like a dream. Sorry, I digress.

The shop also added heated seats. The switch is on the seat itself down by the tilt controls. Originally, all this added $1999.99 to the price. However, this being summer and the dealer wanting to move units... it didn't cost us anything. Well, cost us anything extra.

I will take pics of the back seat too, cuz they are just as nice as the front, when I take the car seats out.

For now, I think I will take the family out to breakfast... and go for a lil drive!

Our SEL+ came with heated seats...but I sure do like that two tone interior of yours. However, I've also computed the odds of my comptroller (wife) approving an expenditure for the interior upgrade as nil. One can dream, though....

Edited by MHOsborn

Our SEL+ came with heated seats...but I sure do like that two tone interior of yours. However, I've also computed the odds of my comptroller (wife) approving an expenditure for the interior upgrade as nil. One can dream, though....

Some things that have worked with my comptroller (both at work and home):

1.) Make a deal, a give and take if you will

2.) Plead

3.) Jewelry (although, my boss didnt know quite what to make of the ear rings I got him...)

4.) "It is easier to beg forgiveness than to ask for permission" (although the one who said that never met my wife!!)

5.) Hypnotize

This last one is rather tricky and may have unforeseen consequences.

Some things that have worked with my comptroller (both at work and home):

1.) Make a deal, a give and take if you will

2.) Plead

3.) Jewelry (although, my boss didnt know quite what to make of the ear rings I got him...)

4.) "It is easier to beg forgiveness than to ask for permission" (although the one who said that never met my wife!!)

5.) Hypnotize

This last one is rather tricky and may have unforeseen consequences.

One thing to keep in mind - if Mama ain't happy - nobody's happy!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
We have looked into doing this and the cost is about $1300 for the leather. I am sure the heated seat was additional to that.......my question is, can they add a power seat? do you know? thanks

Katzkin.com, they also own leatherseats.com I had them do the interior on my MR2 when I was restoring it. OEM quality, and a huge selection of what you can do. Suede inserts? Perforated leather? heated? cooled? you pick the color combos, stitching, material combos, and then if you would like to add heat cooling or both. Great company, great product.