Never need another MFT update...

....Thats cause I traded in my Sport. I'm sick at how many times I have had to bring this in for service & updates. So lucky and surpised they gave me good $ for it. Being a Ford family and leasing/buying countless autos from Ford. It hurts me to say that MFT drove me to shop others. I now own a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit. And this rig is great, looks, ride, comfort, etc. But anyway Ford has a BIG issue on their hands. I'm tried of hearing people trying to put a postive spin on this, it is what it is and MFT needs to go back to the drawing board or just scrap it.

When may wife needs to get her new car it will be a Ford without MFT (good luck w/that) or another brand. So, Allen I hope you can fix this.

Also, I have the 2011OEM all season mats and Edge cargo liner(2011) for sale $150 if anyone is interested. PM me.

Thanks and good luck to you all.

Sorry to hear you got a lemon of a MFT system. I count myslef lucky that I have v2.4 and absolutely zero defects. I also refuse to believe I'm the only one who got a fully working system. As was stated before by another poster...its uncanny that we all have the very same hardware and software in our Edges yet different people experience different errors/bugs.

Sorry to hear you got a lemon of a MFT system. I count myslef lucky that I have v2.4 and absolutely zero defects. I also refuse to believe I'm the only one who got a fully working system. As was stated before by another poster...its uncanny that we all have the very same hardware and software in our Edges yet different people experience different errors/bugs.

It's funny I have a MKX 2011 and have the same problem. It's all windows 95 all over again microsoft with lots of bugs.

I'm also thinking about replacing my car as I had my car for 8 month's now and almost every month i have to visit the dealer for updates or master resets. I believe Ford really dropped the ball on QA for the my lincoln touch.

It's funny I have a MKX 2011 and have the same problem. It's all windows 95 all over again microsoft with lots of bugs.

I'm also thinking about replacing my car as I had my car for 8 month's now and almost every month i have to visit the dealer for updates or master resets. I believe Ford really dropped the ball on QA for the my lincoln touch.

Try the 2.11 release before you give up. The reports so far are very positive.

I am pursuing lemon law action with my 11 Edge and MFT, but I wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions.

In speaking to a lemon lawyer, he said Ford would probably give me $x and I would keep the car, but I could not make any more lemon law claims against the vehicle. The lawyer's fees would come out of that settlement, guessing about 1k-2k. He only gets paid if I agree to and receive money. He also stated I have a very good case since I have had the car in 5 times for the same repair, MFT.

I would prefer for Ford to take the vehicle back, less usage cost.

Another option is the BBB mediation and arbitration referenced in the owner's manual.

Does anybody have any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks

I am pursuing lemon law action with my 11 Edge and MFT, but I wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions.

In speaking to a lemon lawyer, he said Ford would probably give me $x and I would keep the car, but I could not make any more lemon law claims against the vehicle. The lawyer's fees would come out of that settlement, guessing about 1k-2k. He only gets paid if I agree to and receive money. He also stated I have a very good case since I have had the car in 5 times for the same repair, MFT.

I would prefer for Ford to take the vehicle back, less usage cost.

Another option is the BBB mediation and arbitration referenced in the owner's manual.

Does anybody have any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks

Get the 2.11 update first. If that doesn't fix it then I'd try arbitration before I'd hire an attorney. You need to get 2.11 first though because if you don't then Ford will say that it's already been fixed. And it might actually be fixed - no way to know unless you try it.

There are also negative reports on the 2.11 update.

It doesn't sound like it's is much of a fix.

I've seen folks who had numerous problems reporting that everything seems to be working and it's much faster. Even if one or two people continue to have problems I'd say that's a good fix. The ones who continue to have problems may have bad hardware.

Get the 2.11 update first. If that doesn't fix it then I'd try arbitration before I'd hire an attorney. You need to get 2.11 first though because if you don't then Ford will say that it's already been fixed. And it might actually be fixed - no way to know unless you try it.

I got 2.11 almost 2 weeks ago and have documented a couple of problems since then on video.

I got 2.11 almost 2 weeks ago and have documented a couple of problems since then on video.

Also... I bought the car with 1.8, got 2.4, 2.8 (twice) a new module and 2.11. Also met with a Ford engineer and demonstrated problems. I just don't want to push off action and Ford will say another update is coming out in a few weeks/months

Also... I bought the car with 1.8, got 2.4, 2.8 (twice) a new module and 2.11. Also met with a Ford engineer and demonstrated problems. I just don't want to push off action and Ford will say another update is coming out in a few weeks/months

Have they tried replacing the APIM yet? Have you tried a different dealer?

Have they tried replacing the APIM yet? Have you tried a different dealer?

Yes, APIM has been replaced. No, I have not tried a different dealer as my service dept. contact has kept in communication, provided me with information on TSB's, performed updates efficiently, and seems to be much more knowledgeable than other dealers I have read about on this forum

Yes, APIM has been replaced. No, I have not tried a different dealer as my service dept. contact has kept in communication, provided me with information on TSB's, performed updates efficiently, and seems to be much more knowledgeable than other dealers I have read about on this forum

If you're still having major problems after a new APIM and 2.11 then I guess it is time to seek resolution. I'd still try arbitration over a lemon lawyer but that's just me.

If you're still having major problems after a new APIM and 2.11 then I guess it is time to seek resolution. I'd still try arbitration over a lemon lawyer but that's just me.

You used a key word "major" problem. What is major? If the system does not work as it should- phone intermittently losing connection, needing to turn the car off, open the door, wait 30 seconds and restart, then have the "Maintenance" screen come on; or the screen showing nav card fault occasionally, a minute and a half after start up for voice commands to work-are these major issues?

Other information from the lemon lawyer (I have not signed anything with him yet): My state does not have a formula for how to determine reasonable allowance for use of the car. BBB uses their own formula that does not benefit the consumer and refuses to vary from it. BBB only considers re-purchase. If I go with a lawyer, I could get a certain amount, keep the car, and they have to still honor the warranty and try to fix it. Good and bad to that.

BBB is non-binding, but if I do not agree, the findings can be used as evidence with future proceedings.

The losing connection with phone part might be the phone. I have a Samsung Epic. It worked great with my old car and Android 2.1. Sprint pushed an upgrade to 2.2, and it all of a sudden wouldn't stay connected for any predictable amount of time. I love my epic, but this simply won't do. I even went and upgraded to a Motorola Photon (Less phone for more money in my opinion,) and it worked great. I sat there with my new phone in my hand and got more and more pissed. It worked fine, but why should I have to buy a new phone when I love my old one, paid a bunch for it, and have had it almost exactly a year? If Sprint hadn't pushed a faulty update, I'd be happy. Well, I did some investigation, and I'm now refunded on the Photon, and am using my Epic again with 2.3.4 installed. Connects every time, and stays connected.

As for the delay in voice working, yes, that's normal. It takes time to load.

The losing connection with phone part might be the phone. I have a Samsung Epic. It worked great with my old car and Android 2.1. Sprint pushed an upgrade to 2.2, and it all of a sudden wouldn't stay connected for any predictable amount of time. I love my epic, but this simply won't do. I even went and upgraded to a Motorola Photon (Less phone for more money in my opinion,) and it worked great. I sat there with my new phone in my hand and got more and more pissed. It worked fine, but why should I have to buy a new phone when I love my old one, paid a bunch for it, and have had it almost exactly a year? If Sprint hadn't pushed a faulty update, I'd be happy. Well, I did some investigation, and I'm now refunded on the Photon, and am using my Epic again with 2.3.4 installed. Connects every time, and stays connected.

As for the delay in voice working, yes, that's normal. It takes time to load.

I have a Sprint Blackberry and the phone problem is very intermittent, maybe once every week or two. The dealer says the phone should work and the Service Manager has told me I should pursue legal action, whether through BBB or a lawyer.

According to the Ford engineer I met with, it should not take a minute and a half to start up. At times, before 2.11, it was 2 minutes or more. He would not give a definite time, but said 30 seconds is more reasonable.

What about the Nav card fault?

Anybody with experience on how long for BBB to make a decision? Through a lemon lawyer?

I have a Sprint Blackberry and the phone problem is very intermittent, maybe once every week or two. The dealer says the phone should work and the Service Manager has told me I should pursue legal action, whether through BBB or a lawyer.

According to the Ford engineer I met with, it should not take a minute and a half to start up. At times, before 2.11, it was 2 minutes or more. He would not give a definite time, but said 30 seconds is more reasonable.

What about the Nav card fault?

Anybody with experience on how long for BBB to make a decision? Through a lemon lawyer?

Don't get me started on the Nav car fault... that's my most common issue with the system. I'm going back down to Orange to let them work on it one more time. Hopefully they can convince me to keep my lease with a working MFT.

I'm sooo itchy to see what 3.x will bring.

Got a call from the service dept asking how 2.11 was working. I explained that I traded in the Sport and for the time ever I got a true response.

"well I dont blame you for doing it. Ford really drop the ball on this one (MFT)."

I just wanted to share that

I can't afford to trade in mine, having had it only 10 months, so my lemon lawyer starts work on it Monday. The service contact at my dealer said basically the same thing, we hope you get another Ford, just get one without MFT

I can't afford to trade in mine, having had it only 10 months, so my lemon lawyer starts work on it Monday. The service contact at my dealer said basically the same thing, we hope you get another Ford, just get one without MFT

Please. Keep us posted here.

While there are a few that have a "working" system, I have a feeling that many owners are on the verge of "insanity" trying to deal with the oddities of this system.

NOTE: My feelings are based on my experiences. Every time I get in the car, it's a new experience. A new BAD experience.

At what point do I request a new APIM? (as if it will help) An APIM that works. Is there a threshold of frustration that I have to go over first? If so, point me to that threshold

Please. Keep us posted here.

While there are a few that have a "working" system, I have a feeling that many owners are on the verge of "insanity" trying to deal with the oddities of this system.

NOTE: My feelings are based on my experiences. Every time I get in the car, it's a new experience. A new BAD experience.

At what point do I request a new APIM? (as if it will help) An APIM that works. Is there a threshold of frustration that I have to go over first? If so, point me to that threshold

I'll let you know what happens. I don't know that you can request a new APIM, but a new one didn't fix my problems. I made sure I kept all documentation from service visits and emails to the dealer. After an update when I start having problems again, I start video recording.