Want to know if my phone is compatible with MFT

Does anybody know where I can get a list of compatible phones with My Ford Touch & Sync. I have a Nokia C2-01 phone and want to know if I will be able to take advantage of MFT features with it.

syncmyride.com but you have to look for it. Almost all phones are compatible for making phone calls and streaming music. Very few will do contact photos and SMS text messages though. Not sure about the Nokia.

Does anybody know where I can get a list of compatible phones with My Ford Touch & Sync. I have a Nokia C2-01 phone and want to know if I will be able to take advantage of MFT features with it.

Here is the list posted on SyncMyRide

http://www.nsapp.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/sync/usEN/sync_us_EN_iop_2_00.pdf

I see one Nokia phone listed. The Nokia N97

• Like 1

Our phones aren't on the list but they did pair up and can make and receive calls thru the SYNC. Our phones are KISS phones (Keep It Simple Stupid), not smart phones, so we don't have all the functionality that smart phones have.

Edited by 11Edge
  • Like 1

Look at Nokia's specs for the phone. For BT Messaging, the phone needs to support the MAP profile (Messaging Access Profile) and for the address book it needs to support PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile). Additionally the PAN (Personal Area Network) profile is needed for Bluetooth Tethering.

• Like 1

Look at Nokia's specs for the phone. For BT Messaging, the phone needs to support the MAP profile (Messaging Access Profile) and for the address book it needs to support PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile). Additionally the PAN (Personal Area Network) profile is needed for Bluetooth Tethering.

Thanks for the advice guys :) It doesn't appear that I'll be able to do much more than make and receive phone calls from my phone. It's due for an upgrade next spring, I'll consider an iPhone or Blackberry at that time and make sure it's on the list before I purchase it.

Edited by poker44666

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the BT info. Is there a BT profile for contacts photos showing up?

Like akirby said earlier, the list is just phones that Ford has actually tested with SYNC. I have a Motorola Droid 3 from Verizon (though I use it on Rogers in Canada) and it does SMS Messaging through SYNC but it's not on the list.

Good to know. I'm on a DroidX (same as Droid 2) but am running Android 2.3.3 which is the latest and greatest I believe. If you're able to do SMS I should be too I would think, but haven't figured out how yet...Tried before and SYNC said the message was sent by fiance didn't get it. :huh:

Good to know. I'm on a DroidX (same as Droid 2) but am running Android 2.3.3 which is the latest and greatest I believe. If you're able to do SMS I should be too I would think, but haven't figured out how yet...Tried before and SYNC said the message was sent by fiance didn't get it. :huh:

Did you get the text on the phone? If you get a text on the phone while it's connected it should notify you and give you the option of having it read. There could also be a setting in the newer models to do it automatically or turn it off or on. If your phone doesn't get the text then nothing will happen.

Did you get the text on the phone? If you get a text on the phone while it's connected it should notify you and give you the option of having it read. There could also be a setting in the newer models to do it automatically or turn it off or on. If your phone doesn't get the text then nothing will happen.

Will check again today. I see in my manual that there is a menu to turn on/off text message notification through SYNC, and I have made a habit of putting my phone in the cubby underneath the centerstack as soon as I get in so I don't usually look at my phone until I get out of the car.

Just thought that if the SMS didn't work the screen wouldn't have shown "Message Sent" or let me type the message at all. Would have expected a "Feature not available" or similar message.

I just got text working (outgoing at least) on my MyTouch 4G Slide (Android 2.3.5; Sense 3.0) after updating my MFT last night. Not sure if the update to SYNC was the magic or if it was finding a setting in the BT section of my phone for "messaging" did the trick.

Either way, I can send messages now. Next is figuring out how to make it read texts out loud.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SyncMyRide published a new list of phones last week...

http://boards.syncco...syncmb&tid=4503

For the iPhone 4, they say supports contact photos. I've never gotten this to work on my iPhone 4. Has anyone else?

Thanks for sharing that. I can see that they took their time to make it pretty. Wonder when they will actually start to do some real work. This list is still a joke. Only 4 T-mobile phones, c'mon....

I have a pre, but it's not activated. Who wants it?

I'll give you $20... hahahha

Thanks for sharing that. I can see that they took their time to make it pretty. Wonder when they will actually start to do some real work. This list is still a joke. Only 4 T-mobile phones, c'mon....

I'll give you $20... hahahha

Deal! What about another Pre, an Epic, a RAZR v9M, a RAZR VE20, or an SCP-2700? I really need to sell this Epic. The rest are worthless.

Here is the list posted on SyncMyRide

http://www.nsapp.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/sync/usEN/sync_us_EN_iop_2_00.pdf

I see one Nokia phone listed. The Nokia N97

I’m glad to report that the Nokia C2-01 works perfectly with MFT. Phonebook updated correctly and is displaying contact photos. I was really hoping that it would do that. It also streams music but I don’t use it for that – Instead, I have a USB stick with all my MP3’s. It does not read text messages.

Trust me, all phones are not compatible. :( My Samsung (windows mobile) connects and xfers addresses fine but make a call and it goes nuts. Digital feedback/distortion like crazy. Totally useless from that standpoint. Pairs and does data fine though. Stupid crippled verizon bluetooth stack :(