Add remote start on a Ford Key?

Is it possible to purchase a Ford Key purposed for a different Ford (or Lincoln if need be) model that has factory remote start and have it cut for my 2007 Edge? This would be in addition to paying the dealer to install whatever components are necessary to add remote start to my vehicle. Ultimately my goal is to avoid having a separate “fob” on my key ring for the remote starter if I can and also to make it look as factory and feel as factory as possible.

Is it possible to purchase a Ford Key purposed for a different Ford (or Lincoln if need be) model that has factory remote start and have it cut for my 2007 Edge? This would be in addition to paying the dealer to install whatever components are necessary to add remote start to my vehicle. Ultimately my goal is to avoid having a separate "fob" on my key ring for the remote starter if I can and also to make it look as factory and feel as factory as possible.

This?

http://www.partscheap.com/Ford-Edge-Remote-Start-Systems-p/7l2z-19g364-aa-8.htm

Sounds like it, but I don't think he wants the separate fob.

I am hoping to find that same functionality but without the seperate fob. I'd like to find something very similar to the standard Ford Edge integrated key (preferarrbly a ford key) that has a remote start button or possibly I can repurpose the trunk release button on this fusion key to act as a remote start button.

key_fob.jpg

Edited by DunePearlEdge

Thank you AndyMeyer, this is exactly what I was looking for!

Is this key standard on 2011+ Ford Edge's without the intelligent key? Does the key have a ford logo on the other side? Do you know what they had to do/add to your car for the remote start? Was it the standard hood pop button, PATS bypass, and wiring? Did they give you a cost?

I recently called a local dealer and they quoted me $499 for parts and install of remote start. This seems reasonable, but I imagine this was just for the 100 series single button fob. I'm sure it'll cost more to buy a new key, have it programmed, and cut.

Thank you AndyMeyer, this is exactly what I was looking for!

Is this key standard on 2011+ Ford Edge's without the intelligent key? Does the key have a ford logo on the other side? Do you know what they had to do/add to your car for the remote start? Was it the standard hood pop button, PATS bypass, and wiring? Did they give you a cost?

I recently called a local dealer and they quoted me $499 for parts and install of remote start. This seems reasonable, but I imagine this was just for the 100 series single button fob. I'm sure it'll cost more to buy a new key, have it programmed, and cut.

This is the standard key on the 2011 Edge without the driver's entry package (push button start). It does have a ford logo on the other side. It was installed this way when I bought the car so I'm not sure what they had to do.

I do know that I have 2 factory keys without remote start (only lock, unlock, and alarm buttons, 4th spot is empty) and I have 2 keys with remote start like you see above. So the dealer cut/programmed 2 new keys with remote start for the vehicle.

Hope this helps a little bit.

This is the standard key on the 2011 Edge without the driver's entry package (push button start). It does have a ford logo on the other side. It was installed this way when I bought the car so I'm not sure what they had to do.

I do know that I have 2 factory keys without remote start (only lock, unlock, and alarm buttons, 4th spot is empty) and I have 2 keys with remote start like you see above. So the dealer cut/programmed 2 new keys with remote start for the vehicle.

Hope this helps a little bit.

What kind of range do you get with this remote start? The literature says 300' but I am torn between adding this to our SEL or the bidirectional one that has a 1000' range.